Ret 5.4.2 Single, Aoe, Help! Macros

Hello all,

Ok, so I did some testing in LFR last night. Now bare in mind that I was in all 522 gear mixed in with tanking gear and my spec is a little changed up but the macros below you se are almost the same the sudden difference is the aoe vs the regular and the stance settings. But all in all I was pulling 100K+ (s) and 125k+ (ale) in PvP with tank gear mixed in. you can spam these but you will also have to click your Major cool downs as they get in the way of the macro.

Ret Pally Talents Currently: 2,2,3,3,2,3
(MJ) Templar’s Verdict, Mass Exorcism, Double Jeopardy

Pally: Single

Stance: Seal of Truth

/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Execution Sentence
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Exorcism
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Templar’s Verdict
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Hammer of Wrath
/castsequence reset=target Judgment,Judgment,Inquisition,Judgment
/cast [combat] Avenging Wrath
/startattack

Pally: Aoe

Stance: Seal of Righteousness

/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Execution Sentence
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Exorcism
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Divine Storm
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Hammer of Wrath
/castsequence reset=target Judgment,Judgment,Inquisition,Judgment
/cast [combat] Avenging Wrath
/startattack

Emergency Healing:

Heal:

/target (your toon name here)
/castsequence reset=10 Sacred Shield,null
/castsequence [@targettarget]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Blinding Light
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Divine Protection
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Execution Sentence
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Word of Glory
/castsequence reset=0.3 Flash of Light
/cast !Sacred Shield
/cast Emancipate
/use Master Healing Potion
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();

Let me know what you guys think or if you have some tweaks to these macros for better dps.

Thanks,

If they work for you great. The major issue you will have is that you be be refreshing Inquisition way to soon. That is going to waste a ton of damage.

One thing to note is that these all in 1 macros are very hard to squeeze out any real competitive dps. Do not let that discourage you from using it tho. Just a glance an i can see that it should be functional.

I am not in love with the healing one tho. I can see issues that can happen without testing it. You could get stuck just spamming emancipate or even sacred shield. Also you do not need a target for Blinding Light. And how could you forget Lay on Hands?

Just another note. Seal of truth is good for aoe too. The general rule is if there is only 1 target, SoT ( seal of truth ) and use single target rotation. If there are 2-3 target , SoT with aoe rotation. 4 or more targets, SoR with aoe rotation.

I am sorry i did not read your other post. It sucks being low on the meters i know.

If you really want to compete i suggest you use my macros. They are posted here.

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/5-4-small-retprot-varitiy-of-macros

I am a 558 Ret im currently 5/14 heroic in SoO. I use my macros. I pull about 270 dps on single target and on cleave fights like Spoils i pull 300+.

You also need to understand how to play a Ret tho and a macro is not going to do it all for you. Ret is a gear dependent spec. So make sure you are geared correctly, that includes gems and enchants and reforges.

Also you need to make best use of your cooldowns. i belive i have my burst macro on my page. If not here it is.

/cast guardian of ancient kings
/cast avenging wrath

How to use it? On the pull get 3 hopo, get Inquisition running, press it. Profit. Press it again when AW come off cooldown, press it again when Guardian comes off cooldown. Never wait to use them.

My macros take a little practice. You will have it mastered in about a hour tho.

Two things you WILL NEED! a Holy Power tracker, i use NugComboBar, and a timer, I use Classtimer.

You have to track your holy power and your time left on inquisition. When you see that you have 5 seconds left you need to start watching for when you get 2-3 hopo to tap your inquisition button.

You only need 4 buttons to do mine. The first the single target macro, the second is the aoe macro, the third is Inquisition, and the 4th is your burst macro. You can master it in less than a hour.