Retribution – 5.1

Hi Stuart are you talking about my multibar macros or some others? What happens to me quite often is my Seal is not on so Divine Storm and Templars Verdict won’t work without a Seal being active even though there may be 3 charges up because the macro cannot get past Judgement without an active Seal so it stalls there.

hi yes it was your multibar macro, will keep my eye out on the seal things but thanks for the fast response

The new level 90 ret swap actionbar works great. Once I set it on a 20 millisecond timer… awesomeness!

I was messing with the single target (all three macros in the 1 slot per action bar.) I’m assuming that I will just but the 3 macros in the “2” slot on each action bar for the aoe ones…

That is correct Mark - just choose any key you like for each macro set.

If you make any updates, please post. I have run with it solo in LFR and also as part of a 2 toon and 3 toon dual box set up and it works fine.

Hi all. Thanks for posting these macros. I have multiple pinched nerves that affect my hands & can’t push a lot of keys like I used to. If I can get these to work it will allow me to continue playing :slight_smile:

The problem I see is that these work reasonably well unless you have Avenging Wrath up. With AW these macros miss most of the Hammer of Wrath. The best macro to overcome this seems to be Michael Jackson’s bar switching set. However, even that loses 25% of the DPS I get doing it manually.

I assume this is because I took Sanctified Wrath instead of Holy Avenger? Will changing my talents out “fix” things even if HA is lower DPS? Thanks.

EDIT:
Didn’t realize it wasn’t passive, the difference is around 5%-7%, which is big but not huge.
After testing with HA, these macros seem to maximize the DPS that can be achieved with that talent, but that DPS is about 25% lower than using SW.

I left the macro set as is and put HoW on another key bind just for that reason. Now with my keyboard auto clicker I activate 2 keys to spam at 20ms - one being the macro set and the other dedicated to HoW. So now when AW (Talented) activates, HoW will pretty well go off all the time but I did notice when it is happening TV/DS will delay a bit due to HoW giving so many charges it seems TV/DS have a hard time keeping up with it.

I thought about a solution of making a separate macro dedicated to AW, HoW and TV/DS while ignoring for that period all other abilities. But then you would have 4 macros instead of 2.

This is based on work done for a Frost DK priorty macro here by “captivation Li”. Warning, there is something about the message board software that inserts hidden ascii. So if you have problems, or the macro hangs, either filter the text or type it in directly to SDM.

This priority style macro is designed for leveling 85+ and dailies

I use 3 keys to give me a little control for all my Alts

1 Key

/cleartarget

/targetenemy

/cast Avenging Wrath

Discussion: This allows you to select the nearest target. Also Avenging Wrath and not in the Main macro because we only want to pop it at the beginning of a fight or when we switch targets so we use the full time on a mob and don’t waste it popping right when we kill a mob and then have to wait 3 minutes to come off cool down.

2 Key

Put the spell Inquisition here.

Discussion: For most quest mobs Inquisition is a dps loss and is not included in the main priority macro. Where you can make it work is if you have Holy Power left over from the previous mob then you want to hit Inquisition right before you start to give you max dps. Because of the way Paladins work, there will be a time when all the spells in the priority are on cool down, that is a safe time to cast Inquisition during a fight. If you put Inquisition into the priority macro it ends up casting over Templar’s Verdict since it requires only 1 holy power instead of Templar’s Verdict’s 3 and you will rarely cast Templar’s Verdict.

3 Key

/run SetCVar(“Sound_EnableSFX”,“0”)

/use 14

/run SetCVar(“Sound_EnableSFX”,“1”)

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,Crusader Strike

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,Judgment

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,Templar’s Verdict

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Exorcism

/cast Hammer of Wrath

/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Discussion: This is the main priority macro. The priority goes from the bottom up. So Hammer of Wrath Is cast whenever its up followed by Exorcism and so on. As a level 86 my dps went from 14k to 19k when I switched over to this priority macro.

In use: If I have any holy power I hit the 2 key (Inquisition) and then run at the mob and hit the 1 key right when I get to them followed by spamming the 3 key. This kicks off Avenging Wrath if its up followed by a Hammer of Wrath and so on.

I haven’t tested this yet but for AoE swapping Crusader Strike to (Hammer of the Righteous) and Templar’s Verdict to (Divine Storm) should work.

Whoops, let me be clear. Because questing the mobs die so fast the time it takes to get Inquisition up almost takes longer than killing the mob. If its up, use it to increase your dps. Just if you have no holy power and the mob only has 200k health, its not a dps gain since the mob will be dead before you see the benefits of it.

Now if I go against a quest Boss, sometimes I’ll attack a critter or low level mob just to have holy power for Inquisition before I attack where it will make a difference.

As an expansion/continuation of your macros I present these. Afaik they should work correctly.

1-1 = primary buff

#show Avenging Wrath
/cleartarget
/targetenemy
/use 10
/use 13
/use 14
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Guardian of Ancient Kings
/cast Avenging Wrath

1-2

Inquisition

1-3 = Single Target

#show Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,1,1,Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,1,Judgment
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,Templar’s Verdict
/cast Hammer of Wrath

1-4 = 4+ targets

#show Divine Storm
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,1,1,Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,Divine Storm
/cast Hammer of Wrath

1-5 = 8+ targets

#show Hammer of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,1,1,Hammer of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,Divine Storm
/cast Hammer of Wrath

This macros are so sweet its only the 1-5 +8 that gives a error something about globel but its still working fine. Might you be abel to make a setup like this for tanking?

Hope you can come up with something

Cheers

Here are mine for Ret pally, keeps Inquisition up at all times and no need to change macros for either DG or TV. And before you say anything pallys have tons of hotbar room for their meagre spell selection. This uses 4 hotbars and never in a blue fit will lock up. Uses TV as soon as you got 3 charges. Exorcism never lapses. My pally is level 82.

Single target Hotbar 1

/castsequence [mod]Word of Glory;reset=target Judgment,Inquisition,Crusader Strike,Judgment,Crusader Strike
/cast [combat]Avenging Wrath
/swapactionbar 1 2
/startattack

Hotbar 2

/cast Templar’s Verdict
/swapactionbar 2 3

Hotbar 3

/cast Exorcism
/swapactionbar 3 4
/startattack

Hotbar 4

/cast Hammer of Wrath
/swapactionbar 1 2

AOE Hotbar 1

/castsequence [mod]Word of Glory;reset=target Judgment,Inquisition,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgment,Hammer of the Righteous
/cast [combat]Avenging Wrath
/swapactionbar 1 2
/startattack

Hotbar 2

/cast Divine Storm
/swapactionbar 2 3

Hotbar 3 and 4 are the same as above.

Any macro with /castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,1,1,Crusader Strike style cast sequence in it does not work for me. This includes all of my characters

Jason I think it has something to do with latency. In any case my macro set should work for you seeing there is no /castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3 type in any of it.

stupid question. Does the new macro style (hotbars etc) does it require Bartender to work properly? I use Elvui and and was wondering if it would work as well

edit* I answered my own question so disregard

I was told it works with Bartender so it should work with Elvui, give it a go.

I think the situation with the castsequence reset=<bunch of numbers> requires some clarification and the same goes for these bars.

This is leading to speculation and confusion. If these numbers refer to latency then this would be different for almopst everyone. My normal latency is 23ms / 23ms when at home but this rises significantly when I am using my laptop and mobile broadband. Latency affects these macros anyway and is most likely the cause of some macros not working for people. A guy called Squinky on the former shadowpriest.com website had some wicked macros and he catered for a range of latencies. However, that was before the expansion and using his macros, sadly my times as a high DPS shadowpriest are over.

Would someone like to explain fully and clearly?

As far as I can tell latency will only affect the timing of a spell going off, not make the macro not work at all. For example with high latency and this castsequence
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Templar’s Verdict
/castsequence reset=0.3 Exorcism

Exorcism will always go off but TV may be delayed for some time. Where players with low latecny it will go off at a more regular rate. Now this is all supposition on my part, not a proven fact. My above 4 Hotbar macros are not affected by latency or anything else because there is only the primary /castsequence and all the rest are single casts.

I remember Squinkys’ macros and used to use them all the time but what I have made for Shadow allows me to always be in the top 5 in LFR so using more than one hotbar is not a dps loss - in fact it’s quite the opposite.

So from what I can tell the new style macros (ie /cast 1,2,3,1,xxxx) will only be affected by latency as far as timing goes. Latency will not make it totally fail.

I have to disagree with you as the WOW mechanics and protocol is client/server based and lag/latency plays a big part in it as well as haste, pushback and other buffs/debuffs. They do not work as well for some people because of some or a combination of these factors. That is why Squinky had several versions of his macros to try and cater for a range of haste and lag situations.

I have found that very few few of these wowlazymacros work for me and as far as the shadow priest macro goes, the maximum DPS on a target dummy is 16K, just and that is with moderately scored 436 gear. The highest I got was 26k when doing Sha of Anger the other day. I really dont see how anyone can get 64k+ from it unless they are lucky that the macros works for them and their specific. Some people do get on with these lazy macros and from what I have read, some don’t. Different latencies will have different effects on any macro and can put the whole “rotation” (if you can still call it that) out of kilter and this results in lockups etc. It is similar to the overseas journalists using a satellite link and there is a half second delay between sending and receiving.

I found this on elitist jerks:-

Following is a brief nontechnical explanation of how the initiation of a cast is handled by World of Warcraft:

The client initiates an spell cast
The client locks out the majority of the actions on the character's action bars and sends a message to the server saying that a spell cast has been initiated.
The server receives the message and checks to see if another action is being performed. If not, it begins counting down the castbar; the server sends a message to the client that it has received notice of the action being taken. Otherwise, the server rejects the action
The client receives notice that the server has received its initiation of a spellcast and starts rendering the cast bar if the action has been accepted.

So, if one attempts to perform an action while casting, the client will pass that action on to the server, regardless of the casting state as registered by the client. Previously, the client could reject actions based on the state of its casting bar. This led to the filling up of macro slots with macros that altered the state of the client-side cast bar to account for latency. Currently, however, these are not necessary. However, it is important to activate your spells at the right time.

If anyone is interested, the rest of the article is at http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t29742-spell_casting_mechanics/

It might be a few years old but the protocol is still basically the same.

I will continue to try and make my own macros, however at the moment I don’t have much time so I am using spellflash which doesn’t do a bad job and it does get me by quite well.

On another note, I have almost made an addon which shows what sell you have just cast and at what time. I am hoping too have this finished over the next few days. I think it can aid in trying to see where lockups occur etc and help improve macros.

Kind regards

Your latency is too good for the cast sequence macros. There is no leeway between your client and the server.

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,1,spell

the reset is the 0.3 & the 1,1,1 is pressing your helm. (or as alot seem to do in here - 1,2,3,4,5 - those are item slots people, some items will actually have abilities that will GCD you. >.>)

I’m not sure if you remember the days of simply using “,spell” for staggering spells like interrupts in multiboxing. Blizzard broke that sort of macro a long time ago. Using a slot ID like this was a natural progression from that.

latency does play a part in these. Myself, I have changed the reset time a bit to give me better results and make them more responsive but I do have a lot more latency than you do.