Retribution – 5.1

Thanks everyone for providing some macros, they gave me ideas to put this one together. If you are looking for multibar macros check below this post. Let us know how it works for you guys or if you can make it even better post it here.

This is an Extended Macro ← Click for more info

Single Target Macro:

/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Holy Avenger
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Exorcism
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Templar's Verdict
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Hammer of Wrath
/castsequence reset=5 Judgment,Judgment,Inquisition,Judgment
/cast [combat] Avenging Wrath
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

AoE (Multi-Target) Macro:

/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Holy Avenger
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Hammer of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Exorcism
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Divine Storm
/castsequence reset=5 Judgment,Judgment,Inquisition,Judgment
/cast [combat] Avenging Wrath
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

I updated this macro recently, it should be the first post of this topic on first page.

a lvl 81 friend says the Holy Avenger wont pop in Luis super macro on the front of this forum, we cant figure out why it works for me but not for her. i’m lvl 85. any suggestions?

Here is the version i use. I do over 60K in LFR.

/Castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2,2, judgment
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2, crusader strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2, templar’s verdict
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2, exorcism
/castsequence reset=0.3 2, execution sentence
/cast hammer of wrath
/use 14

(i use slot “2” because i had Horsemans Helm and it would just laugh, but use any slot you want)

Now it is 255 characters long so no need for a a extender for those who do not want to download one.

I use a a Naga mmo mouse, the great thing about that is you can make a key press macro with that, so all i have to do is hold it down and it runs thru the macro without tiring my thumb out, found that out the hard way.

I have my target /startattack on button 1, this macro on button 2, and Inquisition on button 3. I just hold #2 down till i get to 3 hp and then press #3. Then just hold down #2 till about 3-4 seconds left on Inquisition then i press #3 with 3 or more HP and repeat.

The aoe version is the same but replace Crusader Strike with Hammer of the Righteous and Templar’s verdict with Divine Storm.

I keep all my cooldowns off the macro. I also Tank with the same style macro on my Paladin, its a work in progress and i play around with a bit, but for 5 mans it works like a charm, not sure if i would raid with it tho. I will post if anyone is interested in that one. Also have one that i use in PvP, but you would need a macro extender.

One other note, i see alot of these where Judgement is before Crusader Strike, that is wrong.

TO “David” macros with castimes wont work with some of these macros if your using a Keypress macro mouse. It will cancel the spellcast, if you do not add enough latency in your keypress macro. Usually .5 ms or .8 ms is fine to get the spells to cast.

Hello William, I believe the spell is a talent. She has to make sure that the talent has been chosen and that is learned, sometimes I have forgotten to click on learn at the bottom of the talent tree and is like nothing has been done.

Other than that might be that her latency could be higher than us and can try to increase the macro waiting time replacing .03 with a higher number but no past 0.9.

Brent there is a good reason for this when soloing/levelling - ranged pull. But as far as raiding goes dps has no need for any ranged pulling.

The way this macro is set up, it will range pull even with the right priority, since you cant Crusader Strike from range it goes right up the chain to judgment. It is a dps increase for questing and leveling to have the correct rotation. Crusader Strike before Judgment. I use my macro in heroic raiding environment, and doing dailies.

[quote quote=5149]

William Grady wrote: a lvl 81 friend says the Holy Avenger wont pop in Luis super macro on the front of this forum, we cant figure out why it works for me but not for her. i’m lvl 85. any suggestions?
Hello William, I believe the spell is a talent. She has to make sure that the talent has been chosen and that is learned, sometimes I have forgotten to click on learn at the bottom of the talent tree and is like nothing has been done. Other than that might be that her latency could be higher than us and can try to increase the macro waiting time replacing .03 with a higher number but no past 0.9. [/quote]

Thank you, she says it still not workin for her. we checked our specs and glyphs. we’ll work on it and figure out why. you been alot of help and still best Macro i had in a long time.

[quote quote=5238]

michaeljackson wrote:
Brent wrote: One other note, i see alot of these where Judgement is before Crusader Strike, that is wrong.
Brent there is a good reason for this when soloing/levelling – ranged pull. But as far as raiding goes dps has no need for any ranged pulling.
The way this macro is set up, it will range pull even with the right priority, since you cant Crusader Strike from range it goes right up the chain to judgment. It is a dps increase for questing and leveling to have the correct rotation. Crusader Strike before Judgment. I use my macro in heroic raiding environment, and doing dailies. [/quote]

Thanks Brent for pointing that out but I cannot use the reset=0.3 macros that have more than 3 lines hence a castsequence and for this to work Judgement has to be first unless I want to always go in melee range which I don’t.

/castsequence [mod]Word of Glory;reset=target Judgment,Inquisition,Crusader Strike,Judgment,Crusader Strike
/cast [combat]Avenging Wrath
/swapactionbar 1 2
/startattack

As you may note the dps loss will be minimal and only on the first part of the rotation. Once it is flowing Crusader Strike will always be before Judgement. Like I said in my original post it is a leveling macro and a work in progress so it will be changed later to reflect the level 90 raid environment.

My in progress macro for my lvl 45 Pally

/castsequence [@targettarget] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Flash of Light

/stopcasting

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Hammer of Justice

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Judgment

/castsequence [nomod] reset=0.3 0,0,Crusader Strike

/castsequence [mod:shift] reset=0.3 0,0,Hammer of the Righteous

/use [nomod]Templar’s Verdict;[mod:shift]Divine Storm

I really like the swap action bar set of macros and it appears to work really well with the exception of Templar’s Verdict. It doesn’t seem to fire and I noticed that when I set the macro up - with the “?”, it doesn’t show the icon like the others… I’ve checked the spelling, etc but can’t get it to work. Also trying to figure out how to get some of the talents in there to fire off…

Here are mine for Ret pally, keeps Inquisition up at all times and no need to change macros for either DG or TV. And before you say anything pallys have tons of hotbar room for their meagre spell selection. This uses 4 hotbars and never in a blue fit will lock up. Uses TV as soon as you got 3 charges. Exorcism never lapses. My pally is level 82. Single target Hotbar 1 /castsequence [mod]Word of Glory;reset=target Judgment,Inquisition,Crusader Strike,Judgment,Crusader Strike /cast [combat]Avenging Wrath /swapactionbar 1 2 /startattack Hotbar 2 /cast Templar’s Verdict /swapactionbar 2 3 Hotbar 3 /cast Exorcism /swapactionbar 3 4 /startattack Hotbar 4 /cast Hammer of Wrath /swapactionbar 1 2

I figured it out and it is working fine. What is the best way to incorporate Talents into them (execution sentence / ancient kings)? I played around with it, but they don’t work as passthru on the existing macros…

@Mark McCoy funny you should mention that, my pally turned 90 last week so here is my updated macros with the particular talent you asked for. These I have consolidated into 3 hotbars, I tried 1 and 2 but the spells delayed too much and even with 3 Exorcism will wait a few globals and so will Hammer of Wrath.
Talent Sanctified Wrath is by far the best dps boost so HoW is a priority as is Exorcism - these are your Holy Power builders for dps spam boost mainly HoW.
On the Twin Consorts I was doing 120k dps until Suen came active then because of movement it dropped to 91k at the end of fight. Only other talent to note is Sacred Shield. Hold alt when Execution Sentence is about ready to self heal.

Single target hotbar 1

/castsequence [mod,@player]Execution Sentence;reset=5 Sacred Shield,Judgment,Crusader Strike,Inquisition,Judgment,Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Templar’s Verdict
/castsequence reset=0.3 Exorcism
/cast [combat]Divine Protection
/cast [combat]Guardian of Ancient Kings
/use [combat]13
/swapactionbar 1 2
/startattack

Hotbar 2 - also use this for the aoe macro

/castsequence [mod,@player]Execution Sentence;reset=0.3 1,Exorcism
/castsequence [combat]reset=0.3 Execution Sentence
/use [combat]13
/swapactionbar 2 3

Hotbar 3 - also use this for the aoe macro

/castsequence reset=target Hammer of Wrath
/swapactionbar 3 1

AOE macro hotbar 1

/castsequence [mod,@player]Execution Sentence;reset=5 Sacred Shield,Judgment,Inquisition,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgment,Hammer of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Divine Storm
/castsequence reset=0.3 Exorcism
/cast [combat]Divine Protection
/cast [combat]Guardian of Ancient Kings
/use [combat]13
/swapactionbar 1 2
/startattack

and hotbar 2 and 3 are the same as above. One thing to note is I use an automated keyboard clicker at 20 MS intervals so it may differ finger spamming. Ilvl is 497.

Michael, i have been trying to make this work but i have no clue how to make /swapactionbar work… i have never use the command before so not sure where am i suppose to put all the different macros or what. A tutorial or something?
Thanks in advance

Found the problem, Bartender 4 comes as default with the option to not allow bar swapping, i had to go to the specific settings of bar 1 to make it work.
Now my second problem… the macros seem to perform an extremely sub perform rotation…around 18 seconds into Inquisition, it gets refresh, making you not cast a lot of TV…which each one for me hits for about 60k…at the end of 5 minutes of a boss fight its a HUGE DPS lose. The other problem is the exorcism procs…those are a priority, and the macro do not seem to accommodate for them.
A rotation should look something like: Exorcism>judgment>crusader strike>Inquisition> repeat replacing Inquisition for TV until 1 sec left in Inq and always pop Exorcism on CD. Yes, i know too many variables, i know that its impossible to make a macro do a perfect rotation (not with the amount of weird CDs that ret pallys have) but i was hoping someone can come up with something that gets closer to the ideal. As the macro stands, if you are making 120k dps right now, if you would make a more accurate rotation you would probably pull 200k, 80k lost just seems too much.
Any ideas?

Are you using a clicker set to 20 millisecond intervals? If not it may not work like it does for me. In the main sequence Inquisition is set to go off with one charge and refresh at the correct time but due to Exo and HoW procs sometimes Inquisition will fire with 2 or 3 charges hence the overlap - I don’t know of any way to guarantee 1 charge being used all the time in a macro.
With a clicker Exo get used almost instantly if not a wait of a global so no problem there. In any case Exorcism should be on a separate keybind so you can hit it on proc. Macros are there to help but manually hitting another key is important as well. Never totally rely on a macro. But I do see what you are saying about Inquisition.

And lol there is no way an ilvl 497 dps will do 200k, that’s like saying ilvl 520 should be doing 400k which they don’t. I would imagine in the perfect rotation for my gear level I might gain a 5-10k increase but I can live without it.

No, i was manually pressing 1 on my keyboard. I have never used a clicker… anything in particular you can recommend?

I use http://www.murgee.com/auto-keyboard/ there is a time trial for using multiple instances of it which costs $5 I think but it can be cracked by using Notepad++ Open with Notepad++ and scroll down till you see several serial keys, use the last key to unlock it.

Thanks for the help, ill see if i can make it work :slight_smile:

Hi there big thumbs up for the macros, but on your level 90 AoEnone divine storm doesn’t seem to fire off at all, everything else does barring divine storm

I am just learning macro’s which is hard for an old fuddy duddy like me what am i missing?

thanks