Righteous Protection - Protection Paladin Shadowlands Edition

Yes it prioritizes SOTR but with GCD/HASTE/SKIPS it will cast (for me anyhow) a WOG ever 2-3 SOTR

If you were to put WOG with a [mod:shift] and press the shift button when you have insufficient holy power built up then yes it will freeze the macro

in most cases, these macros are for players at max level. therefore running these macros at a much lower level might not work. considering you’re LVL 12, you probably only have blessed hammer talent. not saying it is but it could be the reason why this macro isn’t working for you. I suggest to do a clean import of the macro and don’t delete anything as it would skip over talents you don’t have. def won’t be the best optimal macro and pretty sure all other macros would be the same until you reach at least LVL 50.

Yah, I find that with most macros, but I can usually get them working. Thank you for your reply and Ill continue to lvl up!

Not sure why you are having trouble with this macro. I can use this at lvl 10.

Anyone know how to set this up on razer synapse ? I’m new to this and it’s acting weird

Had to add the /cast [combat, mod:shift] Word of Glory to the macro, but it works like a charm :slight_smile:

Shows in macro 2 for raids and 3 for dps?? i only see one version? there are not others?

Updated with new leggo - Tank and Spank your heart out

1 Like

Any Chance we see an Ret macro from u?
BTW i enjoy your Tank macro.

Thanks so much for the update.

Didn’t even test it, straight into dungeons.

Very nice work.

Hey man, I just wanted to come by as a Protection Paladin main, and one that has made their own macros. Your whole presentation is top notch with the pictures and all, its really helpful to see the macro in picture form instead of just a code you have to import and hope its something worth while you know. Also the legendary is cool and works great because it works in cohesion with the First Avenger talent so you can get a shield buff more often. The talent plus legendary plus the Grand Crusader passive, plus you being Kyrian, man that is alot of shields.

But anyways, now to some critique information, to put it bluntly, you macro is very bloated. The last 4 lines, you dont need them, and to be a more efficient Protection Paladin, you need to have SOTR and WOG separated like instead of Consecration being on ctrl, you can make that WOG. That being said SOTR fires extremely fast whereas WOG takes its time so it can be hard to catch the right HP for it unless you use it with Shining Light procs (also an amazing reason to have WOG on a modifier key). I personally have 2 seperate macros, and both run the same except one is SOTR and one is WOG, also in my WOG variant i have a version that heals on mouseover so thats also a cool idea to think about, especially for smaller stuff like M+ or even raiding.

And my second critique is that you have such an emphasis on Consecration, and even have it on a Mod key. Having something like WOG on that mod key i think would be much more useful. Those few seconds that Consecration didnt fire wont be what killed you, it is only a bit of damage reduction, maybe a little bit of healing, allowing Hammer of Righteous to be an AOE, possibly a slow or anti snare effect depending on your PVE/ PVP talents. Yes that sounds like alot of things it does, but those seconds that it isnt down isnt going to have you killed. It being casted on CD i.e. every 3.8 seconds or faster bc you have such and emphasis on it, that could get you killed. The macro could be casting that instead of something more vital like SOTR, WOG, Avenger’s Shield, Judgment, Hammer of Wrath, Blessed Hammer (If skilled, and if so then that is another reason you dont need to emphasize on consecration so much). I see you have Holy shield as your talent so yes you could argue that your Hammer of the Righteous is then not an AOE, but you know what, you have all of your other spells plus that one to gain HP and after you have at least 3 HP, you can cast SOTR and there is your AOE, and an Effective one at that plus a huge protection buff along with it. So as the macro works through other things consecration can fire a little less urgently i think, my honest opinion based on the things that it said.

Critique List/ Summary

• make the macro more lightweight, get rid of redundancy
  • You are missing a few macro conditionals i.e. [combat] for stuff like consecration, Blessed Hammer (if talented), maybe SOTR or WOG too, all of these fire without targets. If you do PVP alot it could be a good idea to leave the combat conditional away but in PVE you probably look like a crazy person running around leaving hammers and consecration everywhere when there is nothing to attack.
  • make more emphasis on Avenger’s shield especially with your legendary
  • less emphasis on Consecration, aint nobody got time for that to fire on CD when something else is up
  • Holy shield is good, but Blessed Hammer is a good contender, you should check it out, especially seeing the way M+ is right now, its like a cast and forget, hits more targets and i think up to 3 time per target per hammer (and if that is right, with 5 guys you could theoretically get 15 hits out from one hammer). AAANNNDDD you can cast it 3 times in a row and use WOG on the move, or you know SOTR if that is what you need, or heck both if Divine Purpose procs.
  • Separate SOTR and WOG bc a good tank uses SOTR on CD unless they know that SOTR wont fall off if they use one WOG then they can use WOG outside of Shining Light procs.

Also you can check out my Protection Paladin macros here for ideas maybe. No one is perfect so yeah mine are not also the best, but they work good and i dont have any of the stuff i listed above except redundancy. Sorry for the rant/ critiques, i just wanted to give my 2 cents as a Protection Paladin main. Take care and let me know if you have any questions or what not.

Hey, I dont know if OP has one but you can check out mine if you like, i just posted them the other day. I think they work pretty good but I made the Retribution macro as a Protection main so i yeah. Just check em out if you like and let me know if you have any critiques or questions.

Link to Protection Paladin Macro
Link to Retribution Paladin macro

I guess you can take a critique how you want and it seems you chose to take it negatively. I only offered/ gave it to you so you could maybe use it in the future to build better macros. I never said directly that your macro sucks, but I can see how you came to that thought. I just pointed out a few flaws it had but never said “you macro sucks and here is why”. I didnt mean for it to seem like I wanted to say that either but alas you came to that thought and im sorry. If you take the information i gave you and use it to better your macro then ok, and if not then that is also ok, no one is forcing you to do anything.

TLDR: I just wanted to provide you with information to help you better your macro, sorry you took the information in the wrong way.

3 Likes

I don’t think they are flaws that you pointed out, just how RJ done it differently to you.

We message him and ask him directly for one button macros because we need them, for example. This is what he has done for us. Remembering that some of us just don’t have the talent to write macros like this one and yours (which is pretty good) and some of us just can’t use too many buttons.

I have always used RJ’s macros because they suit my playstyle and ability to physically use them and appreciate them for what they are and have been. You can always use another authors work if they don’t suit you or write one yourself and that is fine, so is some friendly suggestions.

Anyway, loving this macro. My missus actually tanked her first dungeon with this and she did really well and had a blast. Great macro man.

all good i will no longer post any macros on this site if you need/want a macro private message me I will be happy to help

more than welcome to join my discordL

1 Like

I have since edited some of my macros to try and combine things so the could be used as one instead of switching. For instance my Protection one i just changed so in the Shield of the Righteous macro you can hold a modifier key to cast Word of Glory instead. It still needs some tweaking but the theory is there.

NNOOOOO. cuz i know i’ll forget to ask if there a update or if you have a new class macro if i dont see you on here. lol

Heya.
Can you plz pm working invite link)

Hi can I get an invite to your discord?

use the link at the top of the thread forum … its a perm one

1 Like