Shadow – 5.0

Thanks michaeljackson for submitting the macro. I slightly modified it. This macro does a very effective rotation, starts out with Shadow Word: Pain every time you target a new mob and goes on with the sequence.

Hold a modifier to cast Mind Sear for AoE.

Shadowfiend is not included at this moment because is bugged.

/cast [noform] Shadowform
/castsequence [mod]Mind Sear;[nochanneling]reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Blast,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Blast, Mind Flay,Devouring Plague
/cast Shadow Word: Death

Need a bit of help here, for the life of me I can’t understand why this macro gets stuck on Mind Flay. I took the Divine Insight talent which procs an instant and free cost cast of Mind Blast quite often which in my opinion will be a substantial dps increase over the other 2 choices. Any help here appreciated.

/targetenemy [noharm]
/cast [noform] !Shadowform
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay
/cast !Mind Blast
/cast !Shadow Word: Death

[quote quote=3772]Need a bit of help here, for the life of me I can’t understand why this macro gets stuck on Mind Flay. I took the Divine Insight talent which procs an instant and free cost cast of Mind Blast quite often which in my opinion will be a substantial dps increase over the other 2 choices. Any help here appreciated. /targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay
/cast !Mind Blast
/cast !Shadow Word: Death [/quote]

the answer lies in the

and since is not castable when proced y will cast mf all the time

if mb was proc castable u should type

/cast Mind Blast! but it does nothing

and u do not need to put ! in front of the spells

if u want a basic rotation use this from an earlier post of mine

/castsequence reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,null
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Blast

Updated patch 5 spriest macro I use. This will place you in Shadowform if not already there. It will cast SWD when the target is below 20% and also cast Mindbender whenever it’s CD is up. If you didn’t get Mindbender then change that to the normal version of it. The only problem with this macro is it only gains 2 orbs instead of 3. If anyone can make one that builds 3 orbs that can fit in to the normal macro box go ahead and post here. Having said all that I tested this on the 85 dummy for 5 minutes solid and never even looked like using health or mana.

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch,Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Blast, Mind Flay,Devouring Plague,
/cast Mindbender

here is a macro for the ones that will use From Darkness, Comes Light tallent

/castsequence [nochanneling] Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Blast,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Blast,Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Blast,Mind Flay,Devouring Plague

this macro keeps the dots up as effective as i could find, Devouring Plague consumes 3 shadow orbs and i keep mind spice in a separate button for when it procs

dps for my char was good and the longer the fight the dps keeps rising

have fun

The issue with Michael’s macro is DP. DP is now a proc, and no longer something you cast. Seeing you can use this anytime, similar to how Pyroblast works is you really can’t macro the spell. You don’t want to use it early because it won’t use all your shadow orbs.

Thanks again Michael I did say it uses DP at 2 orbs which is awesome for trash. I farmed for 3 hours solid the other day for cloth no problem at all. I see what you are saying though because 3 orbs cannot be calculated in any set fashion. For example SWD may set off twice in a row on boss fights and there you are with 3 orbs and a MB to go in the sequence hence sitting there with 4 orbs and the DP not being used when it should be. I am pretty sure Babs macro would be sitting at 3 for too long or even 4.

It would be nice if there was a command to use a spell at 3 stacks

[quote quote=3428]here is a macro for the ones that will use From Darkness, Comes Light tallent /castsequence [nochanneling] Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Blast,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Blast,Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Blast,Mind Flay,Devouring Plague
/cast Shadow Word: Death [/quote]

Very nice macro Baboulas7 I actually changed to that talent and put in glyph of shadowfiend but for some odd reason /cast shadowfiend doesn’t work at the end of the macro. I made some slight adjustments to your macro to include Shadowform and also reset=target - you need reset-target to aoe effectively in dungeons. With the change I am doing heroic trash packs by dotting them all first with SWP and VT then targeting the tank and using Mind Sear. The dps and numbers are insane to say the least. And dotting 5 targets with VT has 2 procs of Mind Spike up all the time.

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Blast,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Blast,Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Blast,Mind Flay,Devouring Plague

There is still the issue with having 3 orbs up unused when switching targets and rotation starts from scratch so you need to have DP on a separate button and do it manually from time to time. Take care though not to manually use it at the wrong time or the macro will lock up - ie it will come to DP and no orbs there to use. Apart from that excellent rotation and spec, FDCL is definitely the way to go.

yes was my mistake that i did not noticed until now about reset=target

as for /cast [noform] !Shadowform i do not recommend it cause when u start to raid u are supposed to be already in Shadowform

too many /cast makes some spells do not work

in the macro below all spells work

u can choose to change the Vampiric Embrace with shadowfiend to see if that works.

i personaly save the shadowfiend for when i have no mana even if that lowers my dps.

if u cast Devouring Plague and the macro stuck then cast:

Mind Blast,Mind Flay,Mind Flay so u will get back in rotation

Enjoy

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,null
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Blast,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Blast,Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Blast,Devouring Plague,Mind Flay
/cast Vampiric Embrace

[quote quote=3468]
/castsequence reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,null
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Blast,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Blast,Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Blast,Devouring Plague,Mind Flay
/cast Vampiric Embrace
/cast Shadow Word: Death [/quote]

Hello baboulas7,

Your macro seems incredible but it has more than 255 characters and does not fit in all area of the game macros. How can I use it without losing the magic? Please help me! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks!

[quote quote=3539]

Hello baboulas7, Your macro seems incredible but it has more than 255 characters and does not fit in all area of the game macros. How can I use it without losing the magic? Please help me! :P Thanks! [/quote]

There is an addon called Super Duper Macro. Google it or search it on wowinterface. There are others that extend the limit also.

Thank You very much Luis! Help me a lot! I love this site!

Cya

One more doubt guys! I got the addon Super Duper Macro and insert the macro and put it on my action bar. However, it appears at first spell icon SW: PAIN then appears with the following clicks the question mark icon. Did I do something wrong? Sorry for the noob questions! Thank you for attention!

[quote quote=3544]

One more doubt guys! I got the addon Super Duper Macro and insert the macro and put it on my action bar. However, it appears at first spell icon SW: PAIN then appears with the following clicks the question mark icon. Did I do something wrong? Sorry for the noob questions! Thank you for attention! [/quote]

Hello Walter, sometimes because off the way the macros are made containing too many cast sequences it tends to display like this. Personally I have not tested this macro yet so I am not sure if is working correctly, but you can verify it by using a cooldown bar addon like ForteXorcist and/or a damage meter addon like Skada to keep track of what is firing.

Also a way to display the spells sometimes is by adding a line with #showtooltip at the beginning of the macro or if it bugs you too much just pick an icon and it will just display that all the time.

to use the superduper addon follow this

1. type /m to open the macro menu

2. create a new one (even with one character in) and save it

3. at the bottom of the window there is an upgrade button press it(it may be some yellow and blue colors instead. that is the one)

4. a new window appears twice as big with ur macro on the left side and text box on the right.

5.select the macro u have created and on the right side u will see the char-s u have typed before

1. delete them and copy paste the macro from this page

7.then press save

8.then select the macro icon on the left and drag it to your action bar where u wanna use it (for instance number 2 button).

9.u are done and ready to use it

if u are in combat and want to modify the macro u cant

it changes but u have to be out of combat for the changes to take effect.

hope i helped

and Luis i thing we have to make the macros big now cause of the restrictions blizz made

Baboulas7 the reason /cast [noform] !Shadowform is there is for 1 you can heal mid fight or do any other action necessary that would put you into normal form (very necessary in raids) and 2 in case you hit the wrong button by mistake and find yourself in normal form. It is no a cast per se as it is instant much like a stance and has no cast time at all, also it never interferes with the rest of the macro. This command has literally saved my skin that many times I lost count.

VE should not be macroed because it has to be used at certain times especially in raids. It should only be used when the whole raid/group takes a lot of damage - seeing it has a rather long CD I have it separate.

Now shadowfiend is an incredible dps boost and I can’t see why any shadowpriest will have mana issues - I couldn’t run out if I tried and fiend should be used every CD full mana or not. To give you all an idea on how powerful fiend is I sic it onto a same level mob as me and do nothing at all - it kills the mob and still has 2-5 secs left on it.

@Walter my macro does the same with it so not to worry - just get the sequence memorized and you know where you are.

Michael it was not my intention to offend u

i only spoke from personal view

taking in mind what u and lynch said i made this macro

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,null
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Blast
/cast Shadowfiend
/cast Mind Spike!
/cast Devouring Plague!

the macro was supposed to cast dp and ms when they proc

i saw no such thing what so ever

also it locks when it casts Shadowfiend and it is on cd so u cant we used as a farming macro

pls test it and let me know if they auto cast on proc

if they do i do something wrong any help would be welcome

i also forgot to give u one more macro for mind sear but i could not edit the above

(Luis will have to look into this)

/cast [@focus,help] Mind Sear

now put ur tank as focus and cast

no need to target it

Replace SF with the new Mindbender and it should work. As for DP proc it should work if near the beginning of the macro not the end. It’s all about placement now (sigh Blizzard)

Also there is a bug with the! – For casting classes like Mages and Locks it’s hit or miss. I know for my Demo lock it’s a miss it won’t do Soul Fire. I tried many times, and it won’t do Frost fire Bolt for Frost Mages yet it does Aimed Shot, Explosive Shot for Hunters and Pyro blast for Mages. At this point I’m not sure if it’s bugged and Blizzard hasn’t gotten around to it, or if this was intended yet they missed out Hunters and a few other specs. I’m going to test this out on some other characters later this weekend.

Baboulas7 I was not offended and I apologize if my last post sounded that way. I was only trying to point out why I made the macro that way.

In fact I am still using your From Darkness Comes Light macro on the previous page and it never locks up - well done on that score. :slight_smile: And really like the Mind Sear macro - I have been having trouble sometimes to target the tank fast and that will help a lot.

As far as Shadowfiend goes I cannot get it to work anywhere in the macro so I think it is one of those bugged spells we cannot macro. Very strange seeing Minbender works. Well I am stuck with Shadowfiend so if anyone can get that to work in a macro I would be one happy chappy.