Shadow – 5.1

SDM (Superdupamacro) for raiding - dps upped by another 5k 64k dps with Halo.

Main rotation.

/cast [noform] !Shadowform
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Halo
/castsequence Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Devouring Plague
/use [combat]14
/targetenemy [noharm]

Or standard macro but Halo casts very unreliably.

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay
/cast Halo
/use 14

ok peeps listen up!!!

i was sick and tiered to suck as dps and after log an stressful reading i came to some conclusions!

first of all there is no way to put mind spike in the macro when it procs, so i took of the talent From Darkness, Comes Light and replaced it with Power Word: Solace.

one more power word u would say?

my answer is yes cause there is no worth in having the mind spike casted manually.

even asked a gm and he did not know how to put it proced in a macro.(go figure)

so instead of having my @@ busted i made some mods to Michael’s macro above

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Shadow Word: Insanity
/cast Shadow Word: Death

with this macro i saw a big raise from 22k to 28k overall

it may seem to have a slow start but it raises steadily.

u just keep spamming it and if at some point seems that there is nothing to do keep spam it

cause all it does at that point (no move at all) is waiting for shadow word pain to reach 5.5 sec remaining duration so that Shadow Word: Insanity could be cast.

the waiting time is from 1 to 1.5 secs. not too much imho for more dps.

i tried adding one more Mind Flay but then one other problem appeared.

after 4-6 cycles the Shadow Word: Pain was run out so Shadow Word: Insanity could not be casted so macro had to start all over again, that is why i removed it.

Michael i have to say that Shadow Word: Death IS casting but not as it supposed to be.

sometimes i saw the rotation intervene when spd should be casted. i do not know why.

and if u wanna make it a raid macro just add

/cast Halo

one line above /cast Shadow Word: Death.

i do not know if i have helped some people here since the time i have subscribed but one thing i do is to tell what findings i have to my chars.

i hope u find this macro useful, have fun.

Hi guys must say that you all do a great job and that i use all your class macros and have done for over a year now but sorry if i sound stupid but how do you see what spells are being cast and the ones that are missed is there an Addon for it as i think some spells miss casting things but i cant tell what? sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place by the way.

Baboulas7 I was testing your FDCL macro on the Vale mobs not boss fights and SWD never killed any of them - I do think it’s like my Halo macro that is not in the castsequence and it seems to only work when it feels like it. Having said that my macro on page 1 is great for soloing, SWD works and mobs die fast.

I also beg to differ on whether PWI is better than FDCL mainly because when I raid Mind Spike is in the top 3 of my damage abilities which is huge. PWI can only be cast once a sequence whereas MS I have seen proc up to 5 times per sequence. Not being in a macro is never a problem it is so easy to hit the button beside your macro when it procs.

FYI I am doing 54k dps with my solo macro, 56k dps raid macro 1 DP, 59k dps with the raid macro 3DP (no Halo) and 64k dps with the halo macro 3dp on the Vale dummies. Just some figures to show the differences. I will try yours and see what difference there is.

Changed my Talent to PWI and used your macro for several minutes, 47k tops dps (no Halo) and 55k dps tops with Halo. I am sticking with FDCL.

sorry for my late reply but my internet is gone for now and i do not know when i will be online again.

Michael i take your word for what u are saying but u have to admit that for a spamable macro with no extra keys mine does some good dps. me not be the top one but for me that until a week ago that i had internet i had lag so mind spike was a pain.

i hope that with my new internet provider things will be better but until then i cant say anything. all i can say is that when i made this my dps DID raised.

maybe not to the best one but right now for me more is better than none.

hopefully i will be able to confirm Michael’s output but not until new year

There have been some changes with macros in 5.1, and there’s a new style of doing multiple castsequence macros. Based on all that, right now I am using the following. This is only doing DP at 2 orbs, but when I stretch it out to do 3 orbs, it wind up being a dps loss due to the extra MF.

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch,Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Blast, Mind Flay,Devouring Plague,
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Divine Star
/castsequence reset=0.3 Mindbender
/use 14

Any ideas on how to improve it?

An additional note on the above… Specced into Mindbenter instead of FDCL as it’s predictable (and macroable) and Twist of Fate for the same reason.

Did some more testing on the dummies, and for macroing purposes it seems like 2 DP might be better than 3, which I think is because of the delay from the Mind Flays, and possibly a lack of procs from other abilities.

I’ve tried a few variations of extending the above to force a 3-orb DP, and I can’t get any gaon out of it, it’s either a wash at best or a loss.

I just got my 4th tier 14 piece and with the 4 piece bonus Shadow Word: Insanity is now a dps gain over any other talent. Tested over 5 minutes with 2 orb DP’s I was doing 58-59k dps and with 3 orb DP’s doing 60-61k dps so 3 orbs is a clear winner. Had to add one mind flay due to the bonus sets extended time on SWP and VT.

Hotbar 1 (I use button 2)

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Shadow Word: Insanity
/use [combat]14
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noharm]

Hotbar 2 (same button as above)

/cast Halo
/use [combat]14
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noharm]

Be creative and use button 3 for example and put this on hotbar 2 for when the mob is below 20% health. Obviously hotbar 1 will have the same macro beside it. Only hotbar 2 will be different.

/cast Shadow Word: Death
/use [combat]14
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noharm]

For now I do Shadowfiend manually especially during raids because there are times you want it off CD.

The above is not very viable due to the time frame you have to cast PWI and all the movement you have to do in raid fights. The above macro is great if you don’t have to move but really, how often does that happen. When I raided with this build and macro I was always missing PWI due to boss mechanics.

So I went with Mindbender lol and am doing 1-2k less dps but I can live with that in exchange for ease of play.

new data update!!!

i used this one i made myself.

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/19 Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Shadow Word: Insanity
/CAST HALO
/castsequence RESET=1 Shadow Word: Death

everything was casting except death that casted randomly.

at elegon with the spirit buff i was at 55k and at the double boss after i started at 29k and kept rising to end the fight at 34k.

so far seems to work fine just need confirmation from u guys.

What I am using now and sticking with. Talented into Mindbender, Halo and Divine Insight. Glyphs are Inner Fire, Renew and Dark Binding. Just did Gara’jal the Spiritbinder in LFR and don’t know how to copy results to clipboard but take my word for it I came in top damage at 72,447 dps. Latency is 250 world and home which is the absolute best I get. More often than not it is 480 for both and still maintain similar dps. ilvl is 487

Hotbar 1 - usage = soloing and dungeons. Switch to this set when mob health in raids is below 20% health.

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay
/castsequence Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Devouring Plague
/use [combat]14
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noharm]

Hotbar 2 - same key as you put in hotbar 1.

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Mindbender
/castsequence reset=0.3 Shadow Word: Death
/use [combat]14
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noharm]

Second set Hotbar 1 - usage = all raiding till any mob is at 20% health then switch to the above macro set. Because the main /castsequence is exactly the same switching does not lose your place in the rotation. Never use this soloing and it’s very situational if you use this in dungeons.

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay
/cast Mindbender
/use [combat]14
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noharm]

Hotbar 2 - same key as you put the above.

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Halo
/castsequence reset=0.3 Mindbender
/use [combat]14
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noharm]

These have never locked up on me nor failed to cast any spell in them when they are ready. More info on setting up the hotbars is here Multi cast bar macro tutorial. - Lazy Macros - WoW Lazy Macros

Michael,

Should /swapactionbar 1 2 be in both hotbars or should the hotbar 2 be /swapactionbar 2 1 ?

[quote quote=5078]Michael,

Should /swapactionbar 1 2 be in both hotbars or should the hotbar 2 be /swapactionbar 2 1 ?
[/quote]

I think it should be /swapactionbar 2 1

But I could be wrong.

I don’t think it matters - all it is saying is ‘don’t stay on hotbar 2’ Try it the other way around and I think you will find the same results.

On a side note I am still in the top 3 dps in all raids using the above - more often than not top dps so am happy with it and plan on making no changes.