Shadow – 5.1

Thanks guys for providing some macros, I added to Michael’s macro and combined it all into one. If you are looking for a multibar macro check here. If you can make it any better please post your version to let us know.

This is an Extended Macro ← Click for more info

/cast [noform] !Shadowform
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,Shadowfiend
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,Halo
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Shadow Word: Death
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay
/castsequence Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Devouring Plague
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

If you have chosen Mindbender as a talent, replace Shadowfiend for that one. If you have chosen other than Halo on your last talent, replace Halo for the one that you have chosen.

I just found this on wowwiki, so I think it should be /swapactionbar 2 1 but it doesn’t really seem to make a difference.:-

Changes your current action bar between two given bars. /swapactionbar rowA rowB Aliases none  Arguments rowA Integer 1-6, corresponding to an action bar.rowB Integer 1-6, corresponding to an action bar.  Notes If you are on rowA, you will swap to rowB; if you are rowB, you will swap to rowA.If you are on neither rowA nor rowB, you will swap to rowA.

[quote quote=4083]Hotbar 1 – usage = soloing and dungeons. Switch to this set when mob health in raids is below 20% health.
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay
/castsequence Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Devouring Plague
/use [combat]14
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noharm]
Hotbar 2 – same key as you put in hotbar 1.
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Mindbender
/castsequence reset=0.3 Shadow Word: Death
/use [combat]14
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noharm]
Second set Hotbar 1 – usage = all raiding till any mob is at 20% health then switch to the above macro set. Because the main /castsequence is exactly the same switching does not lose your place in the rotation. Never use this soloing and it’s very situational if you use this in dungeons.
/cast Mindbender
/use [combat]14
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noharm]
Hotbar 2 – same key as you put the above.
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Halo
/castsequence reset=0.3 Mindbender
/use [combat]14
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noharm] [/quote]

This one works far better for me than the one on page one which doesn’t give me as much dps.

[quote quote=4598]What I am using now and sticking with. Talented into Mindbender, Halo and Divine Insight. Glyphs are Inner Fire, Renew and Dark Binding. Just did Gara’jal the Spiritbinder in LFR and don’t know how to copy results to clipboard but take my word for it I came in top damage at 72,447 dps. Latency is 250 world and home which is the absolute best I get. More often than not it is 480 for both and still maintain similar dps. ilvl is 487 Hotbar 1 – usage = soloing and dungeons. Switch to this set when mob health in raids is below 20% health. /cast [noform] !Shadowform
/castsequence Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Devouring Plague
/use [combat]14
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noharm] Hotbar 2 – same key as you put in hotbar 1. /cast [noform] !Shadowform
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Mindbender
/castsequence reset=0.3 Shadow Word: Death
/use [combat]14
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noharm] Second set Hotbar 1 – usage = all raiding till any mob is at 20% health then switch to the above macro set. Because the main /castsequence is exactly the same switching does not lose your place in the rotation. Never use this soloing and it’s very situational if you use this in dungeons. /cast [noform] !Shadowform
/cast Mindbender
/use [combat]14
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noharm] Hotbar 2 – same key as you put the above. /cast [noform] !Shadowform
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Halo
/castsequence reset=0.3 Mindbender
/use [combat]14
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noharm] These have never locked up on me nor failed to cast any spell in them when they are ready. More info on setting up the hotbars is here https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/multi-cast-bar-macro-tutorial [/quote]

I’m using this one fine, seems to give me more dps than the very first macro in this thread. Thanks so much for this btw, as a multiboxer I’m able to have a shadow priest along in my mixed team :slight_smile:

Need some help as this macro is awesome but not working for me…as it just spits it out in the /s channel vs executing its said code.

I must be doing something wrong =(

Richard double check everything - copy and paste from here can cause issues so it has been advised before to either type it all out manually in notepad and copy/paste from there or copy to notepad and scrutinize the spacings, spelling etc.

I had a macro do what you described the other day and it turned out to be some little mistake. Each / is a new line, there has to be one space between each /cast Mind Blast for example as /castMind Blast won’t work. Hope you can get it working.

On a side note I am finishing all raids in the top 2 dps more often than not top dps, upgraded my 2 Sha pieces and currently finish raids at +90k dps using the above macro sets. Things I do is up to 5 mobs dot all with SWP and VT then Mind Sear/Halo, over 5 mobs Mind Sear/Halo and multiple bosses maintain SWP and VT all the fight duration and on all mobs (The Stone Guard,Will of the Emperor for example)

Are you using your 4pc set or swapping out with heroic gear pieces but always keeping the 2 set bonus to reach those dps numbers?.. as thats the dilema I am at currently.

Using my spec there is no need for the 4 piece set - I have the sha gloves and legs boosted to ilvl 501 and the other 3 set pieces I think are out classed by the Valor pieces.

Actually the 4 set bonus is ridiculous and was going to put in a ticket about it. It states SWP has a longer duration with more damage on PWI but if SWP lasts longer you will be casting less often PWI so they cancel each other out.

At the moment I have only done LFR and never done normal nor heroic raids.

Thanks man and got it to work and with my gear yeah this is a BEAST macro. Thanks again!

For me it doesnt cast anything but mind bender, halo and the dot rotation with mind flay fillers. Seems it doesnt go to the second castsequence in the first macro. :confused:

Anything i might have done wrong ?

Yes you definitely have done something wrong there, double check the second /castsequence for spaces and/or spelling. Maybe even try typing it in manually the whole second /castsequence.

Mind Blast should clip Mind Flay when it is up and ready to go, and it should be casting at any other time when it’s ready. DP on the other hand will often wait for one other spell before applying.

Bab I am using your latest with some minor changes (i’m not 90 yet on my priest) and I am doin just fine with it.

One thing though… SW:D isnt’ firing off as soon as it can… with the 4spell cast sequence usually the culprit (channeling)

I’m working on that and will post if i come up with something. Cheers man.

try using

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Shadow Word: Death

that luis has in his macro

i dont know if i have done something wrong here. but i have been trying to get micheals 2 hotmar macros works. and at first my damage goes way up but after the cooldowns are up from my dots nothing else happens. and i also notice that as soon as i start off with hotbar 1 macro i can see it switching between the 2 hotmar macros like crazy.

am i doin something wrong here?

Hi Darrell, the hotbars are supposed to swap like crazy if you are spamming the key. That’s the whole idea. When I test, the only CD’s are for me Mindbender and Halo so according to Recount when I start testing I get a huge burst at the start then it levels off and maintains a dps level. Same thing happens with all classes due to the CD’s being used at the beginning.

You say cooldowns from dots, what exactly do you mean? SWP and VT should be refreshing when they are about to expire and DP will be used at 3 charges (Orbs). If that is not happening then there is something wrong. If everything is getting refreshed and DP is used at 3 orbs and Mindbender and Halo are being used on CD then it is all working fine.

Hi,

Today I’ll share with you the BEST service to <b>send anonymous emails</b> with attachments,

Check the link anonymous email

Have fun, and don’t be evil !

W.

Mind Blast is now castable when procced they fixed it so here is the lastest for shadow priests. This takes advantage of Divine Insight talent passive and it actually clips Mind Flay when MB procs which is exactly what you want. Using this I am getting twice as many 3 point devouring Plagues hence dps gain. DP and insta cast talented (FDCL) Mind Spike (glyphed) are on button 1 and 3 and macro on 2 so they are done manually. Take note glyphed Mind Spike causes your next MB to reduce cast time by 50% stacking twice. (another insta cast if stacked providing MB is off CD within 6 seconds)

So more MB’s = more DP’s = more dps + self heals. Win win build all around.

/cast Mind Blast
/cast !Shadow Word: Death
/use 14
/targetenemy [noharm]

Enjoy :slight_smile:

i changed it to my needs if it is ok.

/castsequence Mind Blast,Devouring Plague
/cast Shadow Word: Death

Devouring Plague casts after Mind Blast so no need to use it urself.

still have not figured out how to use mind spike when it procs!!!

if anyone has figured it out let me know

Baboulas7 wouldn’t your macro cast DP with only 1 or 2 charges? Also does it reliably cast SWD when available and not lock-up? Oh and I put 4 MF in my above macro because of the constant clipping of MF due to MB procs.

I have made a second macro for SWD because everything I have tried so far had SWD not working. So with this specific SWD macro on a boss fight I can start the rotation with SWD macro till it obviously stalls due to the boss being full health then revert to my normal macro until the boss is 20% health then fire away with the SWD macro.

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Shadow Word: Death,Shadow Word: Death
/use 14
/targetenemy [noharm]

Edit : I just tested your macro Baboulas7 and it does indeed cast DP with one charge so I modified it even further like this so now it casts DP on 3 charges reliably. However SWD does not cast at all testing it on real mobs. So at least we have got rid of the need to have DP on a separate button. Oh by the way casting DP with 3 charges did an extra 3k+ dps compared to one charge. Other thing since it has no reset, charges will never be wasted or used too early.

/cast Shadow Word: Death
/use 14
/targetenemy [noharm]

Looks like for now we need a separate (raid) macro for SWD. For soloing I still use my macro on page 1 as it does do SWD and DP at 2 charges with reasonable damage. About 4k under normal.

Sorry guys ignore the above SWD macro, I forgot it only had an 8 second CD so here it is properly. The CD starts from the second SWD going off so this is hard to time on a dummy.

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Shadow Word: Death,Shadow Word: Death,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Shadow Word: Death,Shadow Word: Death,Mind Flay
/use 14
/targetenemy [noharm]

This is untested so there might be a need to add an extra Mind Flay in the middle and/or at the end - as is I think it will be pretty tight but take into consideration the Mind Blasts and DP’s that are also happening.