Shadow 5.2

I am currently on 5.2 PTR and am trying to get this macro to work but it casts more mind flays than in the macro. I and only using 2 mindblasts before Devouring Plague because I want to create more coverage Mind Flay (Insanity). Any help would be great.

/cast [noform] !Shadowform
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,mindbender
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,Cascade
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Shadow Word: Death
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,mind flay
/castsequence Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Devouring Plague
/use [combat] Lifeblood
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

Uno just remove a Mind Flay until it works for you - by rights it will only cast as many as you put in. I did notice upon testing Insanity that Mind Flay acted differently, not as smooth for rotation. Mindbender and Insanity are on the same talent tier so you can replace that with Shadowfiend.

I tested Insanity thoroughly comparing damage to my Mindbender build and my Mindbender build does more top end damage and the same bottom end damage as the Insanity build so am still sticking with my 5.1 build.

I am actually quite disappointed about this new spell, really thought it would be better.

I found what does not work is the Mind flay (insanity). After you cast Devouring plague macroed Mind flay becomes unrecognized (however it still casts) because it is now Mind flay (insanity) but when insanity wears off it casts the last of the Mind flays in the macro and we lose our 4 count of flays in the macro. Our nice neat 4 count turns into a 6 count and dots fall off.

How ever I do agree with you on the Mindbender and its always consistent but.

I still am curious about how to tackle this problem though, I have never seen this.

give this a try to see if it works for you

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,1,2,Shadow Word: Death
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,1,Halo
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,Shadowfiend
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/19 Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay
/castsequence Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Devouring Plague
/use 13

insanity is actually far better dps, but does not lend itself as well to macro’ing due to the fact that it MUST be hit, on CD soon as a 3 orb devouring is on your target. So for those unable to do that, Mindbender is indeed alot easier to utilize.

[quote quote=5934]give this a try to see if it works for you /targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/19 Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay
/use 13 [/quote]

Hey every1 this is my first ever post here on the forum been using these macros for a good while now and honestly i think their brilliant and u guys are amazing how you write them all out also i tried this macro it works great getting 70k+ dps on training dummies not tried it in raid or in a hc yet but i noiced that swp and vt wernt going up when they should so tweeked it a little to this

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/19 Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay
/use 13

just removed a couple of mindflays so nothing huuge haha i think would kill the macro if i tried something big, this way it seems to hit the time better but might be the gear im in atm so yh hope my first post ever helps somebody :slight_smile: !!

the amount of mind flays depends on the haste u have. more haste means more mf. u have time them on the dummy to find the sweet spot