Shadow 5.4 , tweaked

I really wanted to start playing a range DPS class after playing my Ret Paladin for so long and starting to push heroics now with him, his ivl is 555 and is doing great. about 210k dps sustained using the macros i have in the paladin section.

So that is my background and as i explained before i really dislike long macros. I like them to be under 255. So after looking over all the macros here this is what i came up with.

I took the talents Solace and Insanity, and Divine Insight

/castsequence [mod]reset=10 vampiric touch, shadow word: pain
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,1,1,shadowfiend
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,1,halo
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,shadow word: death
/castsequence [nochanneling] mind flay
/cast mind blast

DP Macro

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=0.5 1, mind flay
/cast devouring plague

The macro works likes this. Hold a mod button, it opens with VT, then it starts a flay, then it SWP. It works thru the macro casting MB on cooldown and with DI procs. It will cast MF as filler. When you want to re dot VT and SWP just hold down a mod till applied. It will stop casting MF to cast MB.

When you have 3 orbs just hit the DP macro, it will first cast DP then MF after that.

I seen a bunch of long “cast chain” macros here for priests. I am not sure why. My macro is not a 1 button, its 3 but works great.

Hope you like it and find it useful.

I took the talents Solace and Insanity, and Divine Insight.

I am having an awful time getting my dps passed 20k, just started Timeless isles, and getting pwned. Any help would be apreciated.

[quote quote=11161]I am having an awful time getting my dps passed 20k, just started Timeless isles, and getting pwned. Any help would be apreciated.
[/quote]

Sure, use my macro, i would HIGHLY suggest you REMOVE Halo. HAHA yeah personal experience, Timeless Isle + Halo = BAD.

I tried it, and just can’t seem to surpass 20k. I have no freaking idea what i’m dicking up.

Also, do i have to have a special keyboard for this? And how is it “3 Button”?

[quote quote=10909]I really wanted to start playing a range DPS class after playing my Ret Paladin for so long and starting to push heroics now with him, his ivl is 555 and is doing great. about 210k dps sustained using the macros i have in the paladin section.

So that is my background and as i explained before i really dislike long macros. I like them to be under 255. So after looking over all the macros here this is what i came up with.

I took the talents Solace and Insanity, and Divine Insight

/castsequence [mod]reset=10 vampiric touch, shadow word: pain
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,1,1,shadowfiend
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,1,halo
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,shadow word: death
/castsequence [nochanneling] mind flay
/cast mind blast

DP Macro

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=0.5 1, mind flay
/cast devouring plague

The macro works likes this. Hold a mod button, it opens with VT, then it starts a flay, then it SWP. It works thru the macro casting MB on cooldown and with DI procs. It will cast MF as filler. When you want to re dot VT and SWP just hold down a mod till applied. It will stop casting MF to cast MB.

When you have 3 orbs just hit the DP macro, it will first cast DP then MF after that.

I seen a bunch of long “cast chain” macros here for priests. I am not sure why. My macro is not a 1 button, its 3 but works great.

Hope you like it and find it useful.

I took the talents Solace and Insanity, and Divine Insight.
[/quote]

[quote quote=11229]adamlamb
Scout
Also, do i have to have a special keyboard for this? And how is it “3 Button”?[/quote]

I believe what he meant by “3 Button” is because of the modifier.

I just spent a few hours tweaking this to my wife’s specifications, and I thought I’d share. This is similar to the original macro, but I’ve split it into 2 buttons, one for the dots and one for cooldown spamming. She prefers mindbender and divine star. It’s working very well so far.

Dots

/targetenemy [noharm]
/cast [noform] !Shadowform
/castsequence reset=target/10 vampiric touch, shadow word: pain

Same as the original but it’ll switch you into shadowform if needed.

Single/Aoe

/targetenemy [noharm]
/cast [noform] !Shadowform
/showtooltip Mind Blast
/castsequence reset=0.5/target 1,1,1,1,shadowfiend
/castsequence reset=0.5/target 1,1,1,Divine Star
/castsequence reset=0.5/target 1,1,shadow word: death
/castsequence [mod]mind sear;[nochanneling] reset=0.5/target 1,mind flay
/castsequence reset=0.5/target mind blast
/petattack

Switches you into shadowform if you need it and this macro starts with mind blast. My main issue with the original is it started with mind flay and on repeated hits activated mind blast. I found the smoothest transition was putting mind flay second so if you spam it you’ll most likely go through the whole cycle before returning back to mind blast. Very little lock up, clips where it needs to, pretty happy with it. The pet attack is to make sure the fiend is on your current target.

Also, if you hold down your mod key, it’ll cast mind sear for aoe fun! This macro will require macro toolkit to go over the character limit. Hope someone else finds it useful.