Shadow Priest 8.2.5 Leveling/World Quests

This is my first time posting a macro so hopefully people find it useful. :slight_smile:

First and foremost let me say that I think Shadow is hopelessly broken in BFA for anything outside Raids/M+. The design around Voidform is a pale comparison to what it used to be. IMO for leveling and open world questing you should be using Disc, and for instanced content switch to Shadow. I know that sucks because of Azerite gear. So for those who, like me, are determined to be Shadow through all content, here is a macro that hopefully makes it less painful.

The original macro this is based on is about doing max raid damage and it’s dps is excellent. I get nearly identical results to my sim using it. Find it here:
https://wowlazymacros.com/t/ozys-shadow-priest-st-m-raid-updated-26-10-2019-smooth-dps/
(the most current build is in post 15)

What I’ve done is build on this core by adding some utility and durability. It will always prioritize keeping your shield up. I also take the Psychic Horror talent for the 4s stun. There are probably more optimal times to be using this stun but here I use it on cooldown because you’d be surprised how often that extra 4s turns the tides in a bad situation. If you play Shadow you know how fast things can go bad.

With this macro you WILL lose dps compared to the original, but you won’t die and that’s the important part.

Shift: This will use your main AOE ability, Mind Flay. It is a channeled ability which means if you keep your finger on the macro button it’ll be used over and over again. This is mostly okay unless you have the Searing Dialogue azerite trait, in which case you’ll lose dps if you use another Mind Flay before the first finishes (so take your finger off the button until the channel finishes). Try to make sure your targets are all dotted up before using this. Your shield will not refresh while you’re using this so don’t go crazy. This isn’t “hold shift to annihilate huge packs” type of AOE. Use it when you need to but be aware of your health while you do.

Ctrl: Vampiric Embrace. The classic “oh sh*t” button. This macro will keep your shield running as much as possible but there are times due to heavy incoming damage or mana constraints that your shield is not going to be there when you need it. If you find yourself hovering around half health, or less, hit this. You want to be a little proactive here, don’t wait until you’re nearly dead. The shield will come back when it can and you’ll heal even better once it does.

Thanks for trying this out and of course feedback is always welcome.

Small edit: I highly recommend using a Void Elf because damage doesn’t slow down their spell casting which helps tremendously with the amount of face tanking Shadow does.

I’ve run this macro at both 70ms and 120ms and I didn’t really notice much of a difference. I’m mostly just running it at 70ms because it seems to be a happy default for most other macros I use on other characters.

dqKrfaWjfQQzPQ6xGAyu0XuYYa5ziY0uQRbv2gL6BkKXrkNJewNc6EkuLbcv1bvLYcvOupuHIMijHlQkrBuvu9rfkzKQI0jjjALQIYlvf0mvGQBQa2PI(PQqgQQKoQQalvHk9uKMkf6QkuyRQs4RQI4Skq6Te6UeSxu)vbIbl6WsTyvP6XqMmI6YaBgQYNPKrtQoncZws3wvz3c)wIHtbhNK0YHYZjA6QCDsQTRkuFxbkNNeTEfQy)unVyJ8CXu6tFtfp6jd6G8GX4LuJQCow8eInYuJDfeNKPR1I0ATyQka41QRhpxm9PGQbM(KcwLSNpqnqEWdo4XGkry5jGmX5zbppF04OC8LEs1BYLbZZxXiaYZZVgHv8Nr1jW7g65aebzpFETv6pBmpS6qpFr)zGaJa55l)EhRraM(M6tVGX03QesLNoa)3SSW6VgJPd0iSYlaysIsizJ8CXg55IPWOwEEkIVHAReG9hfKEhbOsewcEUgXtiMcJA55Pyuq6DeGkryj4P92CV5jjMcJA55jeKgKTjp3mfg1YtcuvniqapHG0GSn)9uZub0VNAMkG(9K0wXA)7jonf8ehtHrT88ueFd1wja7pki9ocqLiSe8CnIN2mfg1YZtXOG07iavIWsWt7T5EZZrmfg1YtcuvniqapfrLV377pki9ocqLiSe8ecsdY283ts7njs8uJPWOwEEQzQaINkykmQLNNqqAq2M8CzYuyulppfX3qTvcW(JcsVJaujclbpxJ45AXuyulppfJcsVJaujclbpT3M7npxqmfg1YtcuvniqapfJcsVJaujclbpjTvS2)EIttbpxKykmQLNNIrbP3raQeHLGNlCBZr8CTzkmQLNNIFfYdL6e4DcEU1m3445chtHrT88u8RqEi6WQcEUWbPzZZLntHrT88ueFd1wja7pki9ocqLiSe8CnINRrmfg1YZtXOG07iavIWsWt7T5EZ0xlYBGgHvyJ8Xu6bm8C1b6ikbtPavvdIJORm9HaLJlOcAjGnYhtFfdmqJWkSrEUykmQLNNI4BO2kby)rbP3raQeHLGNRr8eIPWOwEEkIVHAReG9hfKEhbOsewcEU0SHSjXtsmfg1YZtXOG07iavIWsWt7T5EZZntHrT88uev(EVpbpHG0GSn5joMcJA55PiQ89EFcEQzQaIN2mfg1YZtXVc5HsDc8obp3AMBC8CetHrT88u8RqEi6WQcEUWbPzZhtFiq5RyaPKnYZftHrT88ueVc23qtbpHibzRqJNqmf(AmlWbcWNspfJIEJ9jisg0Kf4jjMcJA5jbQQgeiGNEIbKGB8UgZcCE6jPTI1(3tCAk(9muxR8CZuyulppf)kKhk1jW7e8CRzUXXtCmfg1YZtXVc5HOdRk45chKMnF8XhtPgaivQcEcHtJPd0H6UQY4aypgehrj4XMp(yga

Usage Information
World Quest/Leveling edit of Ozy’s Shadow Priest macro
Shift: Mind Flay
Ctrl: Vampiric Embrace

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.23.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

Pre Macro: Vampiric Embrace, Mind Blast, Power Word: Shield, Psychic Horror, Void Eruption, Shadow Mend, Mind Sear

KeyPress: Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, Shadowform, Vampiric Embrace, Mind Sear

Main Sequence: Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, Mind Flay, Vampiric Embrace, Mind Blast, Psychic Horror, Shadowfiend, Power Word: Shield, Void Eruption, Mind Sear

1 Like

what MS speed are you running it at?

Sorry, I forgot to add that. I’m usually using 70ms but only because it seems like a good default. I tried raising it to 120ms just to see but I didn’t notice a difference. Feel free to mess with the speed if you want and let me know if you find something better than 70.