Shadow Priest Swap Bar Macro (with video)...

still cant figure out why the modifier button wont work ive tried both alt and ctrl same thing happens. i see the bar change but no spells are cast

when i uninstalled bartender and changed from ctrl to alt as the modifier it Works :slight_smile:

Now i just need to figure out where to import that string for weak auras 2

After reading your troubleshooting approach, I was reminded of the issues I had setting up Bartender4 (back in the days of MoP).

Also, I remember having similar Key Binding issues with my modifiers (even further back - in Cataclysm). In fact, I still have issues today with the SHIFT key modifier, which is why I use CTRL and ALT for everything.

Glad to hear you guys have figured things out!

UPDATE: 2nd video link added to original post

do u have a aoe macro also? :smiley: and what glyphs do u use? :slight_smile:

My AoE macro looks like this:

#showtooltip Mind Sear
/cast [nostance:1] Shadowform
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, Mind Sear, Mind Sear
/cast [nochanneling, combat] Halo
/cast [nochanneling, combat] Power Infusion
/cast [nochanneling, combat] Vampiric Embrace
/cast [nochanneling, combat] Fear Ward
/startattack [combat]

Basically, it casts SWP and VT followed by two MS. As well, it casts Halo, PI, VE and FW on cooldown.

NOTE: I include the reset=target command in the macro so that if I want to hit several targets with the DoTs before I spam Mind Sear I can. Essentially, this allows me to switch targets after one or both DoTs have been applied; of which, I can do this for as many (or as few) targets as I want before I continue to the end of the sequence and cast MSx2.

As for my Glyphs, I currently use: MS, FW, and MF.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

Sethadon, thanks. Tried your macro. works like a charm. I also wanted to seek your help for another macro for a different rotation im trying.

Basically the macro should cast Mind Spike, Halo and Shadowfiend when off cool down. Could you please help me with this?

Could u also advice on when I should channel Insanity? with 3 or 6 orbs? :slight_smile:

Looking forward to the macro and ur reply.

• updated original post to include glyphs
  • updated macros and weakauras string as well

[quote quote=21459]Sethadon, thanks. Tried your macro. works like a charm. I also wanted to seek your help for another macro for a different rotation im trying.
Basically the macro should cast Mind Spike, Halo and Shadowfiend when off cool down. Could you please help me with this?
Could u also advice on when I should channel Insanity? with 3 or 6 orbs? :-)
Looking forward to the macro and ur reply.
[/quote]

Basically, the macro you have requested would look like this:

#showtooltip Mind Spike
/castsequence Mind Spike
/cast [combat] Halo
/cast [combat] Shadowfiend

As for when to channel Insanity; you do so twice, immediately after casting Devouring Plague (DP).
DP consumes 3 Shadow Orbs.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Thanks bro, but should i cast DP at 3 orbs or 6 orbs ? Is there any benefit casting it at 6 instead of 3? Tried your macro. Everyone fires except Shadowfiend. :slight_smile:

Oh ya, Shadowfiend needs to be cast in a separate /castsequence line; meaning, you’d need a 2 macro /swapactionbar set to make this work:

Macro 1:

#showtooltip Mind Spike
/castsequence Mind Spike
/cast Halo
/swapactionbar 1 2

Macro 2:

#showtooltip Shadowfiend
/castsequence Shadowfiend
/cast Halo
/swapactionbar 2 1

As for when to cast DP, it’s a little more complicated than just casting it at 3 or ?6? orbs…

First off, Shadow Priests only have 5 orbs max (never 6).

Next, MB grants you an orb each time it is cast, so you want to cast this on cooldown. However, you don’t want to waste any orbs by casting MB when you already have 5 orbs.

So basically, you want to build orbs (casting MS and MB) until you have FOUR of them. After which, apply your DoTs (SWP & VT), cast MB to get your fifth orb, followed by DP (bringing u down to 2 orbs) and Insanity x2.

Immediately cast MB again (bringing u up to 3 orbs), apply ur DoTs again (SWP & VT), MB again (bringing you to 4 orbs), then DP (bringing you down to 1 orb) plus Insanity x2.

Finally, cast MB again (bringing you up to 2 orbs), apply SWP & VT, MB again (bringing u to 3 orbs), DP (eliminating all your orbs) and Insanity x2.

Rinse and repeat. :slight_smile:

Essentially, the full rotation looks like this:

MB > MS > MS > MS, MB > MS > MS > MS, MB > MS > MS > MS > MB > SWP > VT > MB > DP > Insanity > Insanity > MB > SWP > VT > MB > DP > Insanity > Insanity > MB > SWP > VT > MB > DP > Insanity > Insanity

That should just about cover everything.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

Hey, im giving this macro a go, I can get the first part sorted but the second part were you need to hold down control isn’t working for me, im not sure if I have the correct modifiers sorted are you able to help me out

Two things:

1. Make sure Action Bar Paging is ENABLED in Bartender4 (BAR1 > State Config tab)

2. Unbind any Blizzard Key Bindings that use the CTRL key

** updated 24-JAN-2015 **

• removed redundant code
  • added error message handling

Sethadon------Because of your post I hoped to dust off my s’priest however I too am running into problems when it comes to Action Bar Paging.As I understand you from prior posts here, only bar 1 needs to be enabled (checked) in the State Config tab and the remaining 4 not enabled (checked). so what about the "Default Bar State. How is that to be configured. Thank you.

Actually scratch that, the only issue is the Crt-key

Blizzard uses the CTRL key in a few of its default Key Bindings; go there, remove any entries that use it, and voila! You should be good to go. :slight_smile:

Yo man, ehh im having trouble with the macro set up, I know there was an update to Macro tool kit a few hours ago and perhaps this has something to do with it, I have followed all the instruction given and use the same interface as you but when I being to spam the macro I get this error Message: Interface\AddOns\MacroToolkit\MacroToolkit.lua:278: attempt to call method ‘MacroFrame’ (a nil value)
Time: 02/01/15 17:07:04
Count: 2
Stack: [C]: in function MacroFrame' Interface\AddOns\MacroToolkit\MacroToolkit.lua:278: in functionClearAllMacros’
Interface\AddOns\MacroToolkit\modules\mainframe.lua:817: in function OnAccept' Interface\FrameXML\StaticPopup.lua:3945: in functionStaticPopup_OnClick’
[string “:OnClick"]:1: in function <[string ":OnClick”]:1>

Locals:

Time: 02/01/15 17:26:08
Count: 44
Stack: [C]: ?
[C]: in function RunScript' Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2091: in function?’
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4387: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4334>
[C]: in function ChatEdit_ParseText' Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4041: in functionChatEdit_SendText’
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2686: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2679>
[C]: in function UseAction' Interface\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua:348: in functionhandler’
Interface\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua:649: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua:597>
[C]: ?
Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:264: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:261>
[C]: ?
Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:294: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:277>
(tail call): ?

Locals:

I have no clue bout macros or anything of that nature, so hoping you can help me out :slight_smile:

Hey Dougal > I just downloaded the most recent version of Macro Toolkit today (Version: 6.0.3.14), and I have no problems whatsoever. Perhaps, deleting Macro Toolkit from your Addons folder and then re-downloading the addon might do it. Not sure where to start troubleshooting this issue exactly. Sorry. :frowning: