Shield of the Righteous :: Protection Paladin :: 8.3+ Mythic+ // Raids

Played with the different error speech options till i got to work!!

its occurring during boss fights. i was doing mythic 0 just for weekly and attacking boss. i have SotR on bar and it wasnt firing, but on trash it was working flawless. on training dummy it works fine.

lol dunno why it wouldn’t work on boss fights -

edited my post . i think i found my issue. i forgot to click on the use external ms timings button. after doing that i dont seem to have any issues so far.

Wow! Your macros are a blast and helped me out with prot, now my gameplay is super fun! really appreciate. I have one question, atm i´m using your seraphin macro build, which one is the best?

Best is figurative - what do you do with your tank ? If you tanking low keys < 10 IMO then the Seraphim build/macro is fun and works great. Higher keys > 10 then the Righteous Protection works better (more survivability)

Not a bad job for a Marine :slight_smile: (retired Army guy). I ran this macro on the tank dummy in Zuldazar and without using lay on hands or any defensive cooldowns, I was able to get to 89 stacks (with a 448 ilvl) before i died. Great job! Seems to be working fine for me. Hooah!!!

1 Like

Glad you like it! Have fun with it !!

dont work for me :frowning:

make sure you ‘accidently’ didn’t put a space at the end - backspace right up to the last character

Having issues where SOTR doesn’t cast sometimes. Primarily in dungeons and raids but also in open world content, running at 50ms with the exact same macro you’re using via iCUE suite and Corsair mouse.

I’d say roughly 80% of the time it works fine but seems to get stuck in a loop wherein no SOTR casts go off during longer encounters.

I have the RIGHTEOUS macro imported and left it on an empty button on my actionbar with no macro associated with it. Using the main RIGHTEOUS_PROTECTOR macro on number 1 on my mouse, doubt swapping it to 6 as shown in your example will make any difference though.

E: Great macro other than that small hiccup, thanks for the contribution

The thing about the Shield of Righteous ability is this: (in retrospect to longer duration fights)

It has an uptime of 4.5 seconds
It has 3 Charges
It has an 18 second rechage time

So:

• without any crazy high haste boosts (to lower the cool down time)
  • without Memory of Lucid Dreams (using as a minor essence) Shield of Righteous charge returns

At a maximum (on longer fights) you will ONLY have an uptime of Shield of Righteous of around ~ 75%

Now of course with HASTE and Memory of Lucid Dreams minor essence procs you should see ~ 80%

I would suggest you put the Shield of Righteous on your ability bar -

• and look to see if you have any charges left

You prolly dont … and that’s why you see it not firing on long duration fights

issue solved when restart game thx for support

I think you might be misinterpreting, I mean I end up regularly at 3 stacks available but the rotation isn’t firing them off.

Could it be an addon interfering perhaps?

E: Found the issue, when I try to manually use RIGHTEOUS it gives itself a 15s cooldown but once that cooldown time expires the button becomes inactive. Presumably the callout sent from the main macro is getting caught trying to push RIGHTEOUS whilst that macro is inactive.

Just wanted to say thank you for the time and effort you put into these macros; not to mention the details in your write-ups. I’m using all your macros for Paladin’s.

If you have a minute could you tell me you MS (World number) so that i have a better idea as to what to set the macros to for MS speed.

Thanks in advance.

Here’s a video of the issue with not casting SOTR a good starting point is the Harlan Sweete fight at around 14:35 onwards.

As you can see I have the macro on mouse number 1 firing at 50ms, the RIGHTEOUS button is bound to Ctrl+2 but I don’t click that at all. Sometimes it works fine sometimes it doesn’t.

E: I have just watched your video and set the external MS in GSE options to 50ms as well as had only been using it on my mouse macro previously, perhaps that is where the issue lies. Will test and get back to you.

Take the Righteous macro off of your bars; it doesn’t need to be there. GSE will find it as long as it’s imported, which is why he says in his instructions just import the Righteous macro and leave it alone. I’m not sure, however, if that’s the cause of your issue.

my MS (world) is average 49

you are most welcome … stay safe and healthy out there

Fantastic macro, upped my survivability by a huge margin, +15 was a breeze now :slight_smile: big thanx for your work with this macro.

how does /click pause work? could it be used in specs like unholy to automatically refresh dots at a set time?