Simple Disc Macros (as easy as possible)

Hello!

2 quick and simple macros to make your life a little easier. They’re both set up for @target, and @targettarget, and @targettargettarget (you’ll see why).

First is a nice and simple PW:S (@target) and Shadowfiend/Smite (@targettarget) macro. This means you can target any party member, and you’ll automatically PW:S whoever has aggro of that target, and cast Smite at whoever the target is targetting.

Rotation is basically: Purge the Wicked on everything in combat, target the tank, and cast the first macro nonstop until you need to re-apply atonements, Purge the Wicked, or heal via Shadow Mend, etc.

Sequences['AlwaysBeCasting-foo'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Esaro@Sargeras",
  SpecID=256,
  Talents = "2113312",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [@targettargettarget,noharm,nochanneling][@targettarget,noharm,nochanneling] Power Word: Shield",
        "/cast [@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][@target,harm,nochanneling] Shadowfiend",
        "/cast [@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][@target,harm,nochanneling] Carafe of Searing Light",
        "/cast [@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][@target,harm,nochanneling] Smite",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Second is a full DPS dump. Does the same as above, but includes Schism (if you have it) and Penance. Wrath’s Light on mod:shift. This is useful for soloing (it will shield yourself), and/or any situation where you just want to dump as much DPS as possible.

Sequences['DiscoDump-foo'] = {
  Author="Esaro@Sargeras",
  SpecID=256,
  Talents = "2113312",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [mod:shift] Light's Wrath",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [@player,nogroup][@targettargettarget,noharm,nochanneling][@targettarget,noharm,nochanneling] Power Word: Shield",
        "/cast [@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][@target,harm,nochanneling] Shadowfiend",
        "/cast [@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][@target,harm,nochanneling][talent:1/3] Schism",
        "/cast [@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][@target,harm,nochanneling] Penance",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Happy healing!

Was testing your macro. It will not shield my target when i click on them and use the macro.
It seemed to only always heal the main tank despite even targeting another player.

Is there some sort of modification that I need to do to the script I am not noticing?
Seems to be a good macro when I am healing the tank.

It will always shield the target that has aggro. In other words, say you’ve got the tank targeted - it will look at who the tanks targets target (the person who the tanks target has targeted), and drop a PW:Shield on that party member.

OR, if you have a bad guy targeted, it will PW:Shield whoever the bad guy has targeted. Basically it just looks for who has aggro and shields them.

It does not do anything “automatic” other than that. Spreading atonement via Plea/Shadow Mend/Power Word: Radiance is best left to be a manual process.

EDIT: I’ve edited the top post (no changes to the macros), just explaining a little what the normal use-cases are.

Ah ok.

Just curious, but between the two options why would I want to use the first one? It seems the second one is more complete. I thought maybe for Penance to keep it just in case it’s needed to heal, but other than that?

Edit: So I ran a couple dungeons using DiscoDump-foo as my main macro and my own general purpose healing macro as a secondary and, man, it is waaaaaay more simple than I had things set up. So well done. Really well done.

I would make the following suggestions:
-Either add or change the target behavior to use @focus. If the tank’s fast, or I’m overzealous with my spot healing, my target will change. If I focus the tank it’ll never change unless I set a new focus. This would be easier to keep things in order.

• /castsequence [@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][@target,harm,nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain, null in the KeyPress. Easy-peasy multi-dotting as the tank chooses targets (still have some testing to do on this).
    -Adding /cast [@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][@target,harm,nochanneling] Shadow Word: Pain to PreMacro and giving an Inner Loop Limit of 10 or so (for me) makes it fairly automatic to re-apply the dot when the target doesn’t change.

Amazing job, I wish I had this when I started leveling.

EDIT2: Nevermind the @focus thing. When the tank dies or something else happens it gets in the way of reacquiring a new target right away.

EDIT THE THIRD: I’ll happily supply my version of your macro and my healing macro here if OP requests it.

How do you guys put your Antonement´s on targets, manualy ? I am just start my disc twink…would adding this line makes any sense ?

“/castsequence [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead] reset=target Plea, Shadow Mend”,
“/cast [@focus,exists,help,nodead,mod:alt] Power Word: Radiance”,

I have Radiance on it’s own key for both AoE Atonement and getting ready for a Light’s Wrath on a boss.

It’s not exactly accurate for me to comment based on these macros since I’ve modified them for my use, but I basically rely on DiscoDump-foo (second one above) for almost all of my healing with my own second macro for spot Atonements and greater healing.

[quote quote=57904]Just curious, but between the two options why would I want to use the first one? It seems the second one is more complete. I thought maybe for Penance to keep it just in case it’s needed to heal, but other than that?
Edit: So I ran a couple dungeons using DiscoDump-foo as my main macro and my own general purpose healing macro as a secondary and, man, it is waaaaaay more simple than I had things set up. So well done. Really well done.
I would make the following suggestions: -Either add or change the target behavior to use @focus. If the tank’s fast, or I’m overzealous with my spot healing, my target will change. If I focus the tank it’ll never change unless I set a new focus. This would be easier to keep things in order. – /castsequence [@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][@target,harm,nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain, null in the KeyPress. Easy-peasy multi-dotting as the tank chooses targets (still have some testing to do on this). -Adding /cast [@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][@target,harm,nochanneling] Shadow Word: Pain to PreMacro and giving an Inner Loop Limit of 10 or so (for me) makes it fairly automatic to re-apply the dot when the target doesn’t change.
Amazing job, I wish I had this when I started leveling.
EDIT2: Nevermind the @focus thing. When the tank dies or something else happens it gets in the way of reacquiring a new target right away.
EDIT THE THIRD: I’ll happily supply my version of your macro and my healing macro here if OP requests it.[/quote]

By all means, post your modifications!

The main reason I made two macros is so I could hold onto Penance and Mindbender for when I needed it.

This is my main macro. 80% of the time this will be all you need. It still has David’s smart targeting, so all you do is target your tank and let the macro fly. For clarification, it’ll target whatever your friendly target is looking at for your DPS and it will heal anyone who that enemy is looking at. Since your tank should always be looking at mobs to keep threat, you’ll always be DPSing those targets along with them. If that mob ever loses threat on the tank and goes for someone else, this macro will heal whoever has that threat.

My changes are:
-I added a Shadow Word: Pain on new target, so each time your tank or other friendly unit you are targeting switches target you’ll automatically fire off a new DOT. Really useful in the beginning of AoE fights where the tank will target several mobs to lock threat and meanwhile you’re automatically dotting them all up.

-I also adjusted the DPS part of the macro to reapply Shadow Word: Pain before it drops off.

-Light’s Wrath is on ALT. Now targeting your friendly’s target so you don’t have to deselect your tank. Just hold ALT to nuke the enemy and heal your Atonement-buffed friendlies.

-Purify on SHIFT. It will Purify your target first (usually the tank). If you are using focus it’ll attempt it there second. Otherwise it’ll Purify your mouseover. Since Purify will only fire if there is a valid debuff to remove it makes perfect use of the priority.

-Fade on auto-cast. It’s low CD makes it great to use on cooldown, in my opinion.

Sequences['DiscoDump-foo_EX_Edit'] = {
  Author="Esaro@Sargeras and Exlucia@Perenolde",
  SpecID=256,
  Talents = "2113312",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/castsequence [@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][@target,harm,nochanneling] reset=target  Shadow Word: Pain, null",
        "/cast [mod:alt,@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][mod:alt,@target,harm,nochanneling] Light's Wrath",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [@player,nogroup][@targettargettarget,noharm,nochanneling][@targettarget,noharm,nochanneling] Power Word: Shield",
        "/cast [@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][@target,harm,nochanneling][talent:1/3] Schism",
        "/castsequence [@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][@target,harm,nochanneling] Penance, Penance, Shadow Word: Pain",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [mod:SHIFT, @target, help, nodead] [mod:SHIFT, @focus, help, nodead] [mod:SHIFT, @mouseover, help, nodead] Purify",
        "/cast [combat,nochanneling] Fade",
      },
    },
  },
}

I put Power Word: Radiance on it’s own key, a mouse button in my case, to use it on demand. Whenever party-damage is incoming or I want to unleash Light’s Wrath I just use a charge of Radiance and continue using the macro above, holding ALT if I want to use Wrath. (Tip: Use Wrath on each boss or hard encounter. You’ll build the nuke up faster).

And here is my general healing macro. Primarily you will use this to spot-Atone your mouseovers so you can continue using the macro above to heal everyone. However, if you need to you can lean on this macro to fire off the other heals on a target if they are very low or are at risk of dying. It’ll Power Word: Shield first, then Penance, then Plea, and then Shadow Mend.

ALT is your OH SH*T mod. It’ll fire Pain Suppression on your mouseover/focus/or yourself if you have no target.

CTRL is your AoE OH SH*T mod. It’ll pop Power Word: Barrier at your mouseover/focus/or on yourself.

SHIFT is almost the same as the macro above, Purifying your mouseover FIRST in this case. Then focus, then target. I opted for this over the AoE Mass Dispel since I prefer to have that on it’s own key, and you’ll often be spot-dispels over mass dispels. You will want to retain the ability to target your mass dispel in raid situations.

And Fade is in here, too, same as above, so that it’s always going to be on cooldown.

Sequences['EX_DiscHeal'] = {
  Author="Unknown Author",
  SpecID=256,
  Talents = "1113113",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [mod:alt] Rapture",
        "/cast [mod:alt,@mouseover,help,nodead][mod:alt,help,nodead][mod:alt,@targettarget,help,nodead][mod:alt,@focus,exists,nodead][mod:alt,@player] Pain Suppression",
        "/cast [mod:ctrl,@mouseover,help,nodead][mod:ctrl,help,nodead][mod:ctrl,@targettarget,help,nodead][mod:ctrl,@focus,exists,nodead][mod:ctrl,@player] Power Word: Barrier",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@focus,exists,nodead][@player] Power Word: Shield",
        "/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@focus,exists,nodead][@player] Penance",
        "/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@focus,exists,nodead][@player] Plea",
        "/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@focus,exists,nodead][@player] Shadow Mend",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [mod:SHIFT, @mouseover, help, nodead][mod:SHIFT, @focus, help, nodead][mod:SHIFT, @target, help, nodead] Purify",
        "/cast [combat,nochanneling] Fade",
      },
    },
  },
}

Nice - however on the second macro, I would swap the order of Plea and Penance, to take full advantage of Grace (if talented)

Good idea

[quote quote=57982]This is my main macro. 80% of the time this will be all you need. It still has David’s smart targeting, so all you do is target your tank and let the macro fly. For clarification, it’ll target whatever your friendly target is looking at for your DPS and it will heal anyone who that enemy is looking at. Since your tank should always be looking at mobs to keep threat, you’ll always be DPSing those targets along with them. If that mob ever loses threat on the tank and goes for someone else, this macro will heal whoever has that threat.
My changes are: -I added a Shadow Word: Pain on new target, so each time your tank or other friendly unit you are targeting switches target you’ll automatically fire off a new DOT. Really useful in the beginning of AoE fights where the tank will target several mobs to lock threat and meanwhile you’re automatically dotting them all up.
-I also adjusted the DPS part of the macro to reapply Shadow Word: Pain before it drops off.
-Light’s Wrath is on ALT. Now targeting your friendly’s target so you don’t have to deselect your tank. Just hold ALT to nuke the enemy and heal your Atonement-buffed friendlies.
-Purify on SHIFT. It will Purify your target first (usually the tank). If you are using focus it’ll attempt it there second. Otherwise it’ll Purify your mouseover. Since Purify will only fire if there is a valid debuff to remove it makes perfect use of the priority.
-Fade on auto-cast. It’s low CD makes it great to use on cooldown, in my opinion.

<table class="crayon-table"><tbody><tr class="crayon-row"><td class="crayon-nums " data-settings="show">
</td><td class="crayon-code">
<span class="crayon-v">Sequences</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-s">'DiscoDump-foo_EX_Edit'</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-c">-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Author</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-s">"Esaro@Sargeras and Exlucia@Perenolde"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">SpecID</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">256</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Talents</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"2113312"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-st">Default</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">MacroVersions</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">StepFunction</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"Priority"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">KeyPress</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/castsequence [@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][@target,harm,nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain, null"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [mod:alt,@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][mod:alt,@target,harm,nochanneling] Light's Wrath"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">}</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">PreMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">}</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [@player,nogroup][@targettargettarget,noharm,nochanneling][@targettarget,noharm,nochanneling] Power Word: Shield"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][@target,harm,nochanneling] Shadowfiend"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][@target,harm,nochanneling][talent:1/3] Schism"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/castsequence [@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][@target,harm,nochanneling] Penance, Penance, Shadow Word: Pain"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [@targettarget,harm,nochanneling][@target,harm,nochanneling] Smite"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">PostMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">KeyRelease</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [mod:SHIFT, @target, help, nodead] [mod:SHIFT, @focus, help, nodead] [mod:SHIFT, @mouseover, help, nodead] Purify"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [combat,nochanneling] Fade"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">}</span>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
I put Power Word: Radiance on it’s own key, a mouse button in my case, to use it on demand. Whenever party-damage is incoming or I want to unleash Light’s Wrath I just use a charge of Radiance and continue using the macro above, holding ALT if I want to use Wrath. (Tip: Use Wrath on each boss or hard encounter. You’ll build the nuke up faster). And here is my general healing macro. Primarily you will use this to spot-Atone your mouseovers so you can continue using the macro above to heal everyone. However, if you need to you can lean on this macro to fire off the other heals on a target if they are very low or are at risk of dying. It’ll Power Word: Shield first, then Penance, then Plea, and then Shadow Mend. ALT is your OH SH*T mod. It’ll fire Pain Suppression on your mouseover/focus/or yourself if you have no target. CTRL is your AoE OH SH*T mod. It’ll pop Power Word: Barrier at your mouseover/focus/or on yourself. SHIFT is almost the same as the macro above, Purifying your mouseover FIRST in this case. Then focus, then target. I opted for this over the AoE Mass Dispel since I prefer to have that on it’s own key, and you’ll often be spot-dispels over mass dispels. You will want to retain the ability to target your mass dispel in raid situations. And Fade is in here, too, same as above, so that it’s always going to be on cooldown.
<table class="crayon-table"><tbody><tr class="crayon-row"><td class="crayon-nums " data-settings="show">
</td><td class="crayon-code">
<span class="crayon-v">Sequences</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-s">'EX_DiscHeal'</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-c">-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Author</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-s">"Unknown Author"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">SpecID</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">256</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Talents</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"1113113"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-st">Default</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">MacroVersions</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">StepFunction</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"Priority"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">KeyPress</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [mod:alt] Rapture"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [mod:alt,@mouseover,help,nodead][mod:alt,help,nodead][mod:alt,@targettarget,help,nodead][mod:alt,@focus,exists,nodead][mod:alt,@player] Pain Suppression"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [mod:ctrl,@mouseover,help,nodead][mod:ctrl,help,nodead][mod:ctrl,@targettarget,help,nodead][mod:ctrl,@focus,exists,nodead][mod:ctrl,@player] Power Word: Barrier"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">PreMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@focus,exists,nodead][@player] Power Word: Shield"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@focus,exists,nodead][@player] Penance"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@focus,exists,nodead][@player] Plea"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@focus,exists,nodead][@player] Shadow Mend"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">PostMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">KeyRelease</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [mod:SHIFT, @mouseover, help, nodead][mod:SHIFT, @focus, help, nodead][mod:SHIFT, @target, help, nodead] Purify"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [combat,nochanneling] Fade"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">}</span>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
[/quote]

Thank you for the edit to the OPs macro. Both are really good! Could you possible post your first macro with @Focus instead of @target? I know you said it could be complicated if tank dies, but I would like to to test it out.

Thanks!