Simple Guardian Macro

A fairly simple macro I’m using on my bear in HCs and Mythics.

d8tWdaqyrBdu1lrk5TkvVgO8meAMkHopbmBQ60s5MeKFjrFdb9yO2js2RQDJA)K65s1WqQACsWxrQ0qvsmysgUsQdsinne4yaohOYcbLLsOSyj1Yb5HkbpvXYq06uImrKsnvjzYeIPlCrGkxfPGlt56azJifzRsiBwjQTduvFeOkZIk9zI67ifAKkjDxLYOPIXtGoPeQBtKRrqDpKk(nKJtO6Vif1h4vNc4dmWjQy08S4PiF1Nvn)AFJb7dJy7tv6no6Fifuqbfea4Jqjdk9fZHbb(ghne)6pIckCqqFObgmgrJSwjkOWbb9b8gWvKb1Bi(uKWtu4pGJxgbHTfqsRZiRB(wiWH9H22YjiFCkGpRA(1F(qxlbtuqqz)vp(uuc1YAV1F1JpZAdxmTpfa9e8PymI)8rOedHkYG6ne3F1PaE1Pa(uIZEOv7r6nowISKOlJWiP6mCze2jz28nwEtROBZlIwTGtcjBNI8tjo7r3ehKXytR2XiP6mCze2jz28nwEtRGSUf0bJKQZqR0ka4iPVaGRwXG8(tr8tjo7r3ehKXytR2XiP6mCze2jz28nwEtRGSUf0jsizl0kTQaCKaUAfdY7pfbFkXzp0QDmsQodxgHDsMnFJL30ka6HVarYtj8NsC2dTAhJKQZWLryNKzZ3y5nTIir4ai8uW)PeN9qR2ze2jz28nwEtRibisi8eCkc)uIZE0nXbzm20Q9i9ghljCjPlgjvNHlJWojZMVXYBAvb4ibC1ksaIecpbFweHwVytQfFi(zbKuDgh2NvTuKd7dLHb7W(aZ8XH9rSgldCyFQGAmywaCyFMWwttGyC0q8NXehKXrl9FOLjGyM3YU9QhFOLjWkqwV)Qtb8Pmsizlm2KeqR2zKtcjTTlILISDkYpL4ShA1oJwgbjTeGlJWojZMVXYBALWeuGWtr8tjo7HwTJrs1z4YiStYS5BS8MwrswaG8XhXASm5H9PcQXGzb5H9zfitOedHE1JpRG6Hqjgc9Qtb8PeN9qR2XiP6mCze2jz28nwEtRaGJK(capE84XJFa

BEAR_SL

Talents: 2xxxx11

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.6.35.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

KeyPress: Bear Form, Barkskin

Main Sequence: Moonfire, Thrash, Ironfur, Mangle, Swipe

Post Macro: Ironfur

1 Like

Hi there,

Thanks for this macro. Just tried it in a dungeon and I didn’t die. I’m new to tanking so really don’t know how it’s supposed to be but I like it’s simplicity. I have frenzied regeneration on a sperate key. Is that all I need and I’m good to go. Any help and or advice you can give a newbie would be appreciated. I’m also only level 37

Cheers

My tanking tips would be:
Remember to face mobs away from the party (unless you’re sure they dont do frontal cone damage)
Use an addon that indicates threat on nameplates, I use Threat Plates
Don’t use Growl when pulling trash, someone (a hunter) will jump in early with aoe so you will want it ready
Run in to packs in kitty/travel form and change to bear so you get 25 rage unless you already have more than 25 rage ready
Line of sight pull casters when you need to

This is how I setup my keyboard (I use mouse to move), may help you decide what’s important to have around:

1=Mighty Bash or Mass Entanglement
2=Soothe Macro
3=Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc (or Berserk)
4=Convoke the Spirits (Night Fae ability)
5=Ursol’s Vortex
Q=Skull Bash
W=Incapacitating Roar
E=TANKING MACRO
R=Moonfire Macro
T=Growl
A
S
D=Survival Instincts
F=Frenzied Regeneration
G=Renewal
Z=Dash
X=Soulshape (Night Fae ability)
C=Stampeding Roar
V=Remove Corruption

This is the moonfire Macro, useful for ninja pulling on world quests, ranged pulling when tanking or tapping patrols before they agro healer:
#showtooltip
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [@focustarget,harm][@mouseover,harm][] Moonfire

Here’s the Soothe macro:
#showtooltip
/cast [@focustarget,harm,mod][@mouseover,harm][] Soothe

1 Like

Wow that is alot to take in. Thankyou for the indepth response. I may struggle with all that. Ive got dyslexia, i get things like numbers and letters back to front. I have to concentrate to not do it. Thats why this website is a godsend. I can play the game and not get muddled with all the buttons.

If i couldnt press all those buttons would i just be better sticking to a dps class? Just wanted to try something a bit more helpful.

Thanks again

You definitely dont want to press them all. The buttons are setup around the E button which is my tanking macro. My pinkie is on Q for interrupting, W for AOE interrupt, index finger moving between R for pulling and T for taunting. Next row down is for healing, next row up for other common but less used stuff, bottom row for movement boosts and cleansing. The important buttons are the QWERT ones though, just add others in as and when you are comfortable doing so. More important is to position the buttons how you feel comfortable using them rather than the way I have chosen to set them up just make sure you can interrupt and taunt without having to look.

1 Like

I use wasd and my mouse to move. I use the q and e keys and i also have buttons on my mouse. I have the razer deathadder elite and button 5 is my macro key. This is all really helpful. Thankyou i appreciate your time in helping me