Single Button Balance druid macro sets for patch 10.2 level 70 update: 12/02/23

castsequence is used if you want to make sure a set of spells is cast in a specific order. Basically, any time gse tries to execute the block with castsequence in it, it will continuously try to cast the first spell until you get a successful cast. Once that spell is cast successfully it with then try to cast the next spell in the list until that gets cast successfully. Once it successfully casts the last spell in the list or you add a reset conditional like switching to a different target, it will then go back to the first spell in the list.

First, check to see whether your version has wrath (st)/starfire(aoe) is in it’s own block, or included in the castsequence block. If you see wrath showing up in its own block, then you have an outdated version of this macro set compared to what I currently have up there as I have since moved the wrath/starfire spells to the set of spells in the castsequence block which massively improved the dps in longer fights.
Also, there are a number of options above each casting block, one of which will allow you to disable those blocks that contain spells you don’t use like new moon and wild mushroom. Doing so may help to increase your dps a little bit. I added those spells as options in case you wanted to experiment with them to in the hopes of getting better results instead of simply copying the talent build I shared. Doing so may also help to increase your dps a little bit.

To note: full moon and fury of elune share the same talent option and you have to choose between the 2 spells depending on the situation. From what I’ve researched, new moon is better for single target damage, while fury of elune is better for aoe damage. Wild mushroom is also a viable talent option in place of a few other less important talents but I have yet to experiment with it to see how much it helps, if at all.

Another thing you could do if you want to optimize this talent set more is to add a modifier to some of the higher dps cd spells like convoke or fury in order to have more control over when those spells get cast further maximizing how much dps you can potentially get out of those spells.

That said, being more of a casual gamer who doesn’t really like to do anything more challenging than lfg/lfr in an expansion, my primary goal for this macro set is for it to be easy to use while still pulling solid dps. You are however free to make changes to this macro set and to optimize it for mythic+ according to your play style. Just be sure to share what you come up with as it could help others who may also want a more involved version that can pull better dps.

I think we could increase the DPS by adding Warrior of Elune to the rotation. Using the treants in Dungeons and Raids draws aggro away from the tank so I’ve been using Warrior of Elune.

I also think we should consider increasing the priority of stellar flare to happen before moonfire and sunfire as it needs to be refreshed much more frequently than moonfire and sunfire, when maintaining dots on multiple targets. Perhaps this is something to consider on a multiple targets.

I was also considering lowing the frequency of the refreshing of the DOTS as many of the dots get refreshed with 20+ seconds left.

My iLVL is 391 and I’m having luck running this with m+ and raids. Great work on this!

Still get the same error in feb 2023 as I did couple of months ago.
Any thoughts?

Imported it this morning and i cant wait to Test IT this afternoon.

No Errors so far for me!

I am curious to what talent build you’re using

Update:
Using the existing talent tree though I went ahead and got me a few upgrades, I am now ilvl385 and got all my gear enchanted properly as per icyveins recommendations. I am now seeing depending on situations 30-55k dps sustained up from the 7-17k dps I had before. I finally saw a burst of +120K dps when popping the CDs. If this macro keeps getting updated, this is the way.

I’m running the Icy Veins Raid Single Target Build which is simming to give the best consistent DPS. It’s working pretty well and I’m often averaging around 30k sustained DPS with occasional spikes from the cooldowns. Even though I’m running the single target build it’s splashing onto the nearby mobs decently. I agree that the macro keeps getting better. I’d sure like to add the Warrior of Elune to the rotation but I’m not sure how to do it with the updated GSE. If anyone can add it or walk me through where to add it that would be helpful!

I’m not iLVL 392 and the sims are saying I should be getting 59,323 DPS and I’m running around 30k.

This is the talent build: BYGAPjJFohhWlFcNj9E1Av/dNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKAkkIikkAkkIJSBaJSiEaJaikkQLplECaAEAA

I had a look at the warrior of elune spell and I think I was able to come up with a good way to implement this spell. It’s in the keyrelease block using the castsequence command resulting it in attempting to cast Warrior, followed by 3 starfires every time one of the main blocks fails to execute. Anyway, the main post is updated for you to test out if you want to try it out.

Hello, the current talent string in the forums and macro will not import. It says they are outdated. Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

I just updated the talent build which should work now and also includes both wild mushroom and warrior of elune talents which seems to be giving me better prolonged dps than what I was using earlier.

1 Like

Thank you! I will test it out!

The single target macro is working well. It’s sustaining an average of about 40k dps on single target LFR Raid bosses at ilvl 393 and the Icy Veins Single Target Talent build which is simming at 17% higher DPS than the one specified in this forum. The sims don’t take into account the multi targets that all the bosses have so your rotation or others may be better than the sim indicates.

Although not a critic as I love this sequence, I’m finding myself astral capped several times a minute causing me to stop using the macro, fire off a couple of starsurges, and start again. It’s causing me to focus on the astral cap bar when I’d rather have it just keep rolling. If you could make sure the starsurge triggers more often I would be ecstatic. The AOE sequence fires it off without ever capping.

This rotation already allows me to focus on the mechanics a lot more which I love. Thanks again for all your efforts on it.

I tried comparing the AOE build and was still doing less dps in raids even on multiple target boss fights as the single target build splashes nicely.

Ideally, it would be great if the rotation also cast Nature’s Vigil. It’s also an instant cast that’s not on the Global Cool Down so it wouldn’t lower the dps.

2 Likes

@Orninion Thanks for the feedback and compliment. I decided to take another look at the warrior of elune castsequence command and realized where I placed it would sometimes cause it to interfere with being able to cast starsurge/starfall before the sp maxed out a bit more often than before. After moving the location of that cast sequence to a normal block, it seems to play a lot nicer with being able to cast starfall/starsurge when able. There’s still a good chance sp will max out occationally, especially when casting convoke, but it should behave better now.

Nature’s Vigil is already in the rotation, at the bottom of the keyrelease block.

so you just updated the ST one? just asking so i know if i have to do ST and AoE or just ST. lol

The ST macro is having the same problem again it had a few weeks ago. It’s casting wrath too much after 30 seconds. Concrete example: befure the patch that changed the druid talents i got 3 mil dps in 1 min on the dummy and now its 2,20 mil.

having the same issue. at some point Wrath is all that is being casted.

After a bit more experimenting, I decided to disable the warrior of elune block by default and moved that talent point to balance of all things instead. As a result my dps seems to remain a bit higher more consistently. I also made a minor tweak to how the wrath/dots behave in the castsequence block to reduce the chance of the 8%buff disappearing before the dots can refresh. Same thing goes for the aoe macro set.

Tip: If you notice the dots expiring before they get refreshed, you can delete one of the other spells (wrath/starfire) from the string of spells in the castsequence block so that the dots refresh more often, or vise versa. Example: if you happen to be up against a boss where you have to do a lot of running around, you may want only 1 wrath in the sequence block instead of 3, but if you can get away with standing for most of the fight then 3 wraths in the castesquence block might be ideal.

2 Likes

Been testing your changes and I can see a marked difference in switching to BOATS. Great work on this so far! I tweaked this for personal preference and removed celestial alignment.

Question 1: Is there a reason you have renewal in a block for these macros? I prefer to have the available on demand. Unless something has changed I don’t know about?

Question 2: what ms do you run your macro at? I’ve been running at 150ms and I am hitting my sims pretty closely.

Hey, long-time creeper, 1st time posting lol. With the macro before this update, I was simming for 43k and pulling around 37k in a 5 min patchwork fight. With the updated macro I went down to 33-34k. I know it’s hard to get to what you sim for with a macro. I did run my last logs through an analyzer and it seems to be refreshing dots so soon which is a DPS loss, cutting down on us getting into eclipse. I did some small tweaks to the ST macro and talents and I am now pulling around 40k much closer to my sim. Below are my talent setup and macro with the changes. I would love to help get this pumping a little more, I know we would all love to see purple and orange on our phrase. Thank you again for all the hard work you put into this macro!!!

Should probably mention my toon is 390 w/ 4 set

Talents
BYGAPjJFohhWlFcNj9E1Av/dNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAJJJiIJJAkkkASaJkIhWiiIJJ0SaJhgGABHAA

Macro

duuEgaWjOkPzrv5xqXWiHJbPLrfpdfMgvY1OQABOiFJk14qkDorfRdQcDpOkXajPQdQKfsv6HOOMOOkxejQncb9rrLgjuv1jfv1kHqVePAMirUjeyNc9tOkQHIuCuOkyPijpvYurPRcvfBfj0xjPYzHQiVfkDxOYEv9xKGbtQddAXKuESitgI6YeBgj1NvKrROoTsTAOQYRPkMTc3gISBP(nGHtsoouvA5a9CunDexNeTDOk15fL5ly)u(ON9r0xfZ5sbVlkrHI9rNZ(IsqobFuHmKii)YrHddfoOUqDH64pNxiaMab4N9r0Z(IIqWnuTHWp7l6sgvYqGC5SpI(ctcYjMgBdKMHDlJDp5Z0Qx1aMjG4mncbatIPbO20rirjO8OZlmjiNyASnqAg2Tm29eot7fc6H7z3pY4fMeKtmn2gind7wg7EcNPzwgcNSHdtVg7PgjPjp66fMeKtmn2gind7wg7EcNPJqIsqbVYnnf3t7XJ(FHjb5etJTbsZWULXUNWz6Iab5kbNKtErxYObu48Z(i6lmjiNyASna1aGiHhDHZ0iaaO9SBtJqaqKE05fMeKtmnw1tnqsj3hYcezCMMkrTniz(rgVWqGGtcrAbPmtJTbMHGiHdlYcezCp66fMeKtmn2gind7wg7EcNP9kGCb0ZUNE0)lmjiNWf8vP0jX0yBG0mSBzS7jCM20Mgu4cbVqGGtcbtcaj1GetBAeaa0uVbfFMUu2uVbfFMUiYyabnnchqqXNPBLJXjN8ALiBGMF2hrp7JOVSGfOlz0akCUfSWJoVWKGCIPX2aPzy3Yy3t4mTBAzYTRhz8YcwGUKrLmeixSGfEXMPsETsKnqFYJoN9r0xwWc0LmAafo3cw4rNxysqoX0yBG0mSBzS7jCMMroO(DO9rgVSGfOlzujdbYflyHxSzQKxRezd0N8iJZ(i6llyb6sgnGcNBbl8OZlmjiNyASnqAg2Tm29eot742LdTOpY4LfSaDjJkziqUybl8IntL8ALiBG(KhDD2hrFzblqxYObu4ClyHhDEHjb5etJTbsZWULXUNWzA30YKBxpY4LfSaDjJkziqUybl8IntL8ALiBG(Kh9F2hrFzblqxYObu4ClyHhDEHjb5eUGVkLojMgBdKMHDlJDpHZ0(rDZKpt7h1nt(mTFu3m5Z00MJdQptNddxkC8zA)OUzYNP9J6MjFM2rHddxUFKXllyb6sgvYqGCXcw4fBMk51kr2a9jpY0zFe9LfSaDjJgqHZTGfE05fMeKtmn2gind7wg7EcNPXQEUmOgNPrvqRddAFKXllyb6sgvYqGCXcw4fBMk51kr2a9jN8k)wnL7bHIqWnuTHWp7lwWD7riO37lMbqsni5EFXcUBpcX5Ep5KtEvQKu(59ik6l1jqplLGq(zp5fcecmpibE2xSWH0e(lV4PCx0GFiIqG5z1nqykIF5qz0fEJb5O31ATwR1ATwR1ATwRfCHiIiIiIvTWdE8Sk6i6XdLvnMCTqCROOJ48uUlV4)A9I5bKZZpVhrrFTusMbaFXolC4gu6x5wuMIciFd0pYa1jNxia2kHJ8BIaI3st2a99(IfpZ8JOkuOqH)x4Vmu96vEc1qLdYJOVOeKtWhvidjcYVCu4GQWpQBf0I6sbJxuUPgamjmdGKkibQ2ESjz37RsLKYpVhrv48sDc0ZsjiKF2tEfHijVkMZLcExuIcf7jNCYp```
2 Likes

I’ll give this a poke as well. I’m trying to dial the same thing in. There are a lot of variables involved and some may not have the same results based on haste. If you’re finding it’s clipping to fast you can add an additional Wrath/SF to a block and that often can do the trick. I have not made any macros personally since Legion but I am happy to work with everyone here to perfect this. I feel like this is one of the best macros I’ve used since BFA… I have some hand disabilities in my old age and using GSE keeps me on my guilds progression team :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great work macro works really well for me

quick question - it keeps using like bark skin and druid buff - thinks Ive pressed the key? But havent anyone else have this problem? Its not the macro I guess but my setup. Just a standard qwert KB

Deleted variable seems to have stopped of course :slight_smile:

didnt work and got lots of ‘key press’ msgs