Spitz Savage Feral 8.0.1 - 1-Button for the truly lazy :P

[quote quote=63868]

Great macro!! But i have a question: For M+ how can I do the AOE?

I might give a 120 macro a whirl but it looks unlikely with how much I am liking Balance at the moment. (and I’m not 120 yet…only 117) Once I get heroic geared as Boomkin, I’ll get some feral/tank gear and give them a go. I have a really bad taste in my mouth right now with how Blizz is handling the dps specs for druids…leaving us out to dry I feel.[/quote]

Feral is terrible, single target is ok but isnt great AoE is bad really bad blizzard butchered brutal slash ive had to run away when facing 3+ mobs out questing when i see monks,warriors charge and wipe up mobs, ive put feral on the backburner until blizzard fixes them.

sooo much this!!! I noticed that when I used aoe ability… dps didnt even add up… I fell all way bottom EVEN under tank… I guess Ill go as guardian or balance… ugh. I suck at balance/resto >_>

Same here. I found feral so energy-starved. I’ve gone guardian for the time being.

Well atleast blizzard acknowledge the issue.

We’re currently working through a tuning package for Feral Druids.

Specifically, we’re adjusting Feral performance relative to other specs in dungeons and questing. Please know: we’ve been reading all of the incoming feedback and keeping a close eye on player results in-game.

Thank you for all of this feedback. Much of it has been very useful in determining the substance of this adjustment.

This is something that we’re testing carefully, and probably won’t be finished and available to put into the live game until later this week. I’ll let you know as soon as we have final numbers, and I’ll post about it a final time when it goes live.

Looks like they already patched it:

Brutal Slash damage increased by 20%. Swipe damage increased by 15%. Thrash damage increased by 15%. Berserk will now persist through shapeshifting into and out of other forms. Berserk will now shapeshift you into Cat Form if not already in Cat Form.

dude this isnt working at all

I’ll take a look at it tonight and see what I can come up with.

why when I use this macro, it keeps spamming in my screen YOU ARE IN SHAPESHIFT FORM, and I cant use any attacks? u got any ideas? thanks

Updated original post. Everything is working fine for me. I’m still very unhappy with the state of feral, but whatever. Make sure the macro is on the number bar for your original druid form, your cat form and your cat stealth form. Given the code for the Regrowth proc, I don’t know how to get rid of the “In Shapeshift Form” warning. It’s just something I’ve always ignored since it does not affect anything. If you want, take out the whole part with the Regrowth and either cast it yourself or pick another talent.

I’m only ilvl 298 but I got a burst of 7k and settled to 4,400 after 5 min on a dummy. Rip does fall off so this might not be an optimal macro for a raid boss with all the moving for mechanics.

My SimC addon says that my character should be doing 4,550 dps over 5 minutes…so only a 4% lose of dps isn’t too shabby at all if you ask me.

The aug 24 hot hotfix is not about the dps issue. They have not done any improvement for kitty spec it is still bad.

Druid
Swift Landing now works properly in Travel Form and stacks the movement speed buff with the Travel Form speed buff.

Hey Spitz, love the macro.First thing around 8 to 9000 and sustaining around 6 bursting around 8 to 9000 and sustaining around 6000 on a ?? Dummie single target. I was just wondering if you had plans to make AOE macro to go along with this. On a side note, Not sure if brutal slash would be worth it to work in or not now that it got buffed Thanks in advance Lewin .

More fixs coming and i just respec everything too Balance

Energy regeneration rate increased by 10%
Rip damage increased by 15%
Berserk duration increased from 15 to 20 sec
Brutal Slash cost reduced from 30 to 25 energy
Swipe cost reduced from 40 to 35 energy
Thrash cost reduced by from 45 to 40 energy, and damage reduced proportionallyWe’re reducing the energy cost of Thrash but also proportionally reducing the damage. The goal is easier ramp-up time in AOE situations, while avoiding causing Thrash to be added to the single target rotation (since it's close to Shred's Energy to damage ratio), which we think wouldn’t make for a better overall rotation.
The spec's hidden 50% increase to Haste secondary stat value reduced to 25%.This helps alleviate a secondary stat scaling issue, and both the Energy and damage loss should be overcompensated for by the increase to base Energy regeneration rate plus the other changes listed. We eventually want to remove this hidden bonus entirely, but since players have already made gearing choices based on Haste being their best secondary stat, we don’t want to upset that in the short-term, so we’ll do this in two parts.

:slight_smile:

8.5 sustained with your talents and macro 340 il enchanted , no self buffs

With the new feral hotfixes yesterday…I’ll start working on a better rotation and an AOE.

So I updated the original post with only some talent changes. I have been testing many different talents, builds, etc that I could think of and I just can’t find anything better than what I already had with some talent tweaks.

How I try to make my macros is by looking at Ask Mr Robot. Their simulator section is quite telling as to what sort of numbers you should be pulling given your gear, buffs, talents and a “perfect” rotation. And anyone who has experience with GS knows that there is no such thing as a perfect macro. So I try to fire off as many of each skill as the perfect rotation fires off. The thing about feral is, to obtain the perfect damage rotation, you need to cast 2x Ferocious Bites for every 1 Rip AND fire off Savage Roar…that is a pipe dream for these macros. In order to do that Rip would only have an uptime of about 70% (maybe lower)…unacceptable. So the solution is just to work with the talents to see what would be the best results for a macro.

And more power to those that can use the other feral macros with Ctrl, Alt and Shift modifiers. I just can’t do it. Trying to keep track of when Rip will fall off or Savage Roar while dealing with boss mechanics or misclicking what I thought was the Bite key and it reapplies Rip again…arg! I truly feel that to absolutely maximize the damage potential using a feral macro, you will need to use those modifier macros.

All that said…I tank with my druid mainly. I’ll probably be sticking with Balance for my damage needs unless more significant changes happen to feral anyway.

Yeah feral is alittle bit better with ST but AoE still needs work, i hate balance so will stick with feral all im doing is WQ’S anyway to unlock new races will probably main warrior or paladin, with blizzards track record it will be the middle of the expansion that something proper is done.

so need to copy to gs again or ?

erm can you put old one back up plz was getting good numbers single target now im not haha :slight_smile:

I didn’t change the body, just the talents. I don’t really remember the previous talents. Does anyone still use the original macro posted and can post what talents I had in the first place?

Lee, you could just change the talents around yourself and do some dps tests. I change a talent, run it for 5 minutes popping only my cooldowns with no buffs and look at the numbers. I do that twice to get an average (can’t go on just 1 run…ya might have had some great RNG crits).