Step function macro question

Hey, just started using GSE and like it a lot. I really liked the idea of a priority function to bypass spells on CD and in general it works great but I have noticed a couple of things that I had questions about.

If you have a long priority list and need to execute the last spell back to back you have to have very fast key spamming, right? Say I have 4 spells in a priority function and 1,2,3 are on cooldown. If you cast #4 the next time around you have to go 1121231234 to get back to it, is that correct? So long priority functions are going to result in some downtime…

Ok second question. How does GCD factor in? If I am spamming like crazy does it skip spells when GCD is running as well? I think it does and sometimes I miss what the real priority is because of this.

If both of the above are true it seems like only a 2-spell step function is really viable. I’m playing ele-shaman (simplest class ever imo) and may just make a lavaburst/lightning 2-spell macro instead of my long assed one where i try to blow all cooldowns before…

Ok second question. How does GCD factor in? If I am spamming like crazy does it skip spells when GCD is running as well? I think it does and sometimes I miss what the real priority is because of this.

Yes you will miss skill use if the skill is still on GCD. Most of the skills will be skipped if you spam too fast as you also have cast time to include which is longer than GCD at times.
Lightning Bolt, Lava Blast (Hard Cast), Chain Lightning are all above 1.5 second cast times.
Shocks should be fine.

It’s all due to GCD and cast times that i stopped using fast spamming methods and turned to a sequential rotation based set of macros.

Thanks Cymiryc, make sense. I was hyped on the priority stuff because it would skip spells on CD but had to know there is a downside to it