Subtlety rogue by Urzulus (Build and Spend)

Yes the result is not the same, I use the one button macro for leveling and pvp

Im not gonna lie, I just put the builder on an auto repeat macro and forget about the spender. Most things die pretty quick anyway.

Razer tools

never mind , it WAS a noob question haha

Hey, appreciate your work.

When I use the spend macro it only uses kidney shot, do you know why? I run it with auto hotkey at 75 ms and my lag tolerance in game is set to 30.

Hey, loving your macro just one thingā€¦ is there any possibility to make Cheap Shot reset on target if Shadow Dance is active? So like I cheap shot 1 target, then switch to another and the macro starts all over again from the Cheap Shot. I have managed to get the spender to reset on target so it applies Nightblade first but Iā€™d like the same for Cheap Shot if possible.

Can you do an AOE version?

I asked Abby to do a single target version because her AOE one is so good but she said she is playing outlaw for now instead.

[quote quote=63934]Hey, appreciate your work.
When I use the spend macro it only uses kidney shot, do you know why? I run it with auto hotkey at 75 ms and my lag tolerance in game is set to 30.[/quote]

Sorry, donā€™t know what is happening. It is the macro I used to predominately level from 110 to 120. Sub is def my fav atm.

I guess you could, it just isnt good for DPS. Just add

/cast [stance:2] cheap shot

before the first shadowstrike and it will use it if it is available during shadow dance

[quote quote=64095]Can you do an AOE version?
I asked Abby to do a single target version because her AOE one is so good but she said she is playing outlaw for now instead.[/quote]

AOE is hard due to pooling, though I do have one. Well sort of. You see on multi attacks you only use shurikan storm. and one storm generally fills the bar. This means you immediately need to use the finisher. My AOE one is pretty much shurikan storm as the builder and secret technique as the finisher. I have put it into the first post. I run shurikan storm on ā€œ=ā€ and have the multi spender on ā€œctrl =ā€. All I do is just push ctrl when I want to spend. TBH if you want to face alot of foes, outlaw is best. Sub is the ā€œpriority burstā€ killer.

You did a really good job on these, but I donā€™t agree with your choice in selecting Vigor over Deeper or Marked. Deeper is a substantially choice for AOE abilities, whereas Marked for Death is indisputably the strongest single target damage choice.

The macro could be used competitively, but you wonā€™t beat other rogues using Vigor.

Nevertheless, great macro.

[quote quote=64248]You did a really good job on these, but I donā€™t agree with your choice in selecting Vigor over Deeper or Marked. Deeper is a substantially choice for AOE abilities, whereas Marked for Death is indisputably the strongest single target damage choice.
The macro could be used competitively, but you wonā€™t beat other rogues using Vigor.
Nevertheless, great macro.[/quote]

Thank you for your thoughts, maybe I will update it later with this in mind.

do you already have an update with Marked for Death?

No. It is too hard to incorporate at the moment. Unlike my Outlaw spec where it is tied to RtB.

I am using Deeper Stratagem ATM, which I dont really like, but has higher numbers for dungeons and heroics (im not at mythics atm as I leveled my priest).

First off, thanks for this great macro. Iā€™ve been using it since BfA launch.

Now that Iā€™ve been using it for a couple weeks thereā€™s a couple little quirks Iā€™m wondering if you can address.

1. Using Crimson Vial at the start of combat is usually a waste. I usually start combat at full health and now I have two wait 30 seconds to again use a potentially life-saving heal ability. Could you perhaps have this proc later in the sequence?

2.a. Kidney shot often procs while enemy is still stunned by Cheap Shot so it seems a waste of overlapping stun. Perhaps this could be moved later into the rotation?

2.b. A lot of targets (bosses/elites/rares) are immune to Kidney Shot and all your combo points still get spent on an ability that doesnā€™t do anything (thanks Blizzard) so Iā€™m wondering if the macro could skip this ability on such targets (Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s possible with GSE just throwing it out there)

Thanks again for your work and time.

edit: DERP noob mistake

@Urzulus please see my notes a couple posts up and also consider this new one:

Sharpened Blades is currently the top-rated DPS azerite trait so please consider adding Poisoned Knife into the rotation (late enough to allow lots of stacks - it stacks up to 30).

Thanks.

[quote quote=65241]@urzulus please see my notes a couple posts up and also consider this new one:
Sharpened Blades is currently the top-rated DPS azerite trait so please consider adding Poisoned Knife into the rotation (late enough to allow lots of stacks ā€“ it stacks up to 30).
Thanks.[/quote]

Dont worry, I have not forgotten mate. Got to go to work soon and been hella busy but the weekend is wow time.

The question I would like to ask is, how does this fare against the rare elites in the game?

Typically id say poorly as sub rogues are pretty stuffed once evasion is on cooldown. you wanna solo elites, you would have a better chance with outlaw.

[quote quote=64929]First off, thanks for this great macro. Iā€™ve been using it since BfA launch.
Now that Iā€™ve been using it for a couple weeks thereā€™s a couple little quirks Iā€™m wondering if you can address.

1. Using Crimson Vial at the start of combat is usually a waste. I usually start combat at full health and now I have two wait 30 seconds to again use a potentially life-saving heal ability. Could you perhaps have this proc later in the sequence?
    2.a. Kidney shot often procs while enemy is still stunned by Cheap Shot so it seems a waste of overlapping stun. Perhaps this could be moved later into the rotation?
    2.b. A lot of targets (bosses/elites/rares) are immune to Kidney Shot and all your combo points still get spent on an ability that doesnā€™t do anything (thanks Blizzard) so Iā€™m wondering if the macro could skip this ability on such targets (Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s possible with GSE just throwing it out there)
    Thanks again for your work and time.[/quote]

Here are some answers for you:

1. With crimson vial its kinda hard to make it pop once you have already been engaged for a little bit. Your options are limited to at the beginning of fight, the end or to make a cast sequence. for example switch the main rotation out for the below and remove the crimson vial from key release.
/cast [stance:1] Shadowstrike
/cast [stance:2] Shadowstrike
/cast [stance:2] Backstab
/castsequence [stance:0] Backstab, Backstab, Backstab, Crimson Vial
/cast [stance:0] Backstab

2.a In all honesty I generally dont use kidney shot. It is useless in raids and against a majority of mobs

2b. Unfortunately it is not and as you are aware it results in lost combo points which means lost dps

@urzulus thanks again for your responses. If time (and skill) allows Iā€™m going to try to make the following modifications to your script (or coax you to :wink:

1. Remove Crimson Vial. The timing of this skill can be a life saver so Iā€™ll just put it on a separate key.

2. Remove Kidney Shot. As you said above, ā€œā€¦dont use kidney shot. It is uselessā€¦ā€

3. Add Poisoned Knife. Sharpened Blades is currently the top-rated DPS azerite trait so if youā€™re lucky enough to have it you should take advantage of it.

4. Add trinkets. I saw in another script that you can activate trinkets by slot position, so if you happen to have trinkets with ā€œuseā€ traits (as opposed to ā€œequipā€ traits) might as well fire them off in combat.

[quote quote=65610]@urzulus thanks again for your responses. If time (and skill) allows Iā€™m going to try to make the following modifications to your script (or coax you to ???

1. Remove Crimson Vial. The timing of this skill can be a life saver so Iā€™ll just put it on a separate key.
  2. Remove Kidney Shot. As you said above, ā€œā€¦dont use kidney shot. It is uselessā€¦ā€
  3. Add Poisoned Knife. Sharpened Blades is currently the top-rated DPS azerite trait so if youā€™re lucky enough to have it you should take advantage of it.
  4. Add trinkets. I saw in another script that you can activate trinkets by slot position, so if you happen to have trinkets with ā€œuseā€ traits (as opposed to ā€œequipā€ traits) might as well fire them off in combat.[/quote]

With GSE there are alot of ā€œuser requiredā€ options. For example I dont know what everyone uses for a trinket, or maybe I have the PVP trinket equipped (obsolete now) or maybe I want to trink when I want. So if you want your trinkets to be used every time, click on the right hand side and ensure ā€œtickedā€.

As per above, insert as main sequence

/castsequence [stance:1] Shadowstep, Cheap Shot
/cast [stance:2] Shadowstrike
/cast [stance:2] Backstab
/castsequence [stance:0] Backstab, Backstab, Backstab, Backstab, Shuriken Toss 
/cast [stance:0] Backstab

Toss will be every 4 or so. probably more like every 6 though. Let me know if its worth it.

Sub_Spend string doesnā€™t work.
Canā€™t import macro

1 Like