Survial small and easy 5.4

/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,Black Arrow
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,Glaive Toss
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.3 cobra shot; explosive shot

Here is how its used.

As you hold down, or mash, the button you have this on it will first apply Serpent Sting. It will work its way thru the macro applying Black Arrow and Explosive shot. It will fire Explosive Shot with Lock and Load procs too.

If you need focus, or serpent sting is about to fall off, holding down any mod button (ctrl, alt shift) will cast Cobra Shot, which give back focus and refreshes some time to your Serpent Sting.

Now you need to weave in Arcane Shot too, What i do is put that on another button, i use that when when i am about to cap focus, when i have time left on Serpent Sting and every other ability is on cooldown. i can press that once or twice to dump some focus.

To play it safe i always keep serpent sting on a separate button too.

I know its not a all in one, It only takes 3 buttons to execute it, but offers a superior amount of control that a all in one cannot. It is also small, under 255, something if you ever seen any of ret/prot, shadow priest, or other macros, that i am very proud of being able to accomplish. Bigger is not always better.

Hope you give it a try and practice with it. Its very easy to use.

Looks nice. Thanks for posting. On survival, I still been having problems with it. Seems like as my ilevel increases, My dps goes down. I dont have my 4 piece bonus yet. So maybe that may help some. (My ilevel is 560)

I will try it out, See how it goes. I guess my only question would be the talent tree. What are you currently using? I have 1,1,3,3,1

I could put dire beast and Glaive Toss in a additional macro I guess. :stuck_out_tongue:

But again, Thanks for posting. Right now, Ive been using BM until a good surv macro comes along. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Brent,

i really appreciate the effort into making this macro and discussion you have submitted to various other threads.
personally i prefer the play style you suggest as im very new to the whole “press-a-button-that-does-everything-for-you!”
my hunter is my first dps class ive played since vanilla - been resto shaman since alliance shamans in BC.
does your macro require the macrotoolkit addon being under 255?
would adding / cast blood fury (orc racial) have any decrease in effectiveness to this macro?

[quote quote=11239]Hey Brent,

i really appreciate the effort into making this macro and discussion you have submitted to various other threads.<br>
personally i prefer the play style you suggest as im very new to the whole “press-a-button-that-does-everything-for-you!”<br>
my hunter is my first dps class ive played since vanilla – been resto shaman since alliance shamans in BC.<br>
does your macro require the macrotoolkit addon being under 255?<br>
would adding / cast blood fury (orc racial) have any decrease in effectiveness to this macro?

[/quote]

You can still load it into macro tool kit.

I suggest you add blood fury to your burst macro. I will post the burst macro when I get home. Have to work Black Friday.

Thanks for this. Like yourself, I prefer the consolidation of a few well orchestrated macros over the all-out automation of a large single macro. Any chance I could get that burst macro as well? I looked in your comment history and didn’t see it posted anywhere. Much obliged.

Ive been using something similar for a few patches, i find its easy to control a hunters minor (<1m) cool downs on separate buttons.

/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Black Arrow
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot
/startattack