Survival Multi button system (Updated 5Jan14)

I have used some form of these macros for quite some time. They are based off priority found at Icy Veins. I was happy with their performance but upon further testing and general play, I found that lock and load was not firing off as quickly as I’d like especially as I work towards my 4 piece.I also often found myself focus starved after A Murder of Crows. I realize A Murder of Crows is the highest theoretical DPS but in practice I didn’t find it to be so.

As such I decided to experiment with removing A Murder of Crows in favor of Blink Strikes and placing more priority on Explosive Shot. The following resulted in about a 8% DPS increase, quick utilization of lock and load procs and more frequent Arcane Shots to control less spiky focus.

Talents ,,*,2,2,1

Single Target DPS
#showtooltip Explosive Shot 
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0s
/use [@Focus,exists]Misdirection
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Dire Beast 
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Black Arrow  
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Kill Shot   
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Glaive Toss 
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Explosive Shot 
/castsequence reset=combat Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
/startattack 
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    2-3 Targets
#showtooltip Glaive Toss 
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0s
/use [@Focus,exists]Misdirection
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,Explosive Shot 
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Dire Beast
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Black Arrow  
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Kill Shot   
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Glaive Toss 
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Explosive Shot 
/castsequence reset=combat Cobra Shot,Multi-Shot,Cobra Shot
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    4+ Targets
``` #showtooltip Multi-Shot /console Sound_EnableSFX 0s /use [@Focus,exists]Misdirection /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Dire Beast /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Multi-Shot /castsequence reset=0.3 0,Glaive Toss /castsequence reset=combat Multi-Shot,Cobra Shot /cast [combat] Rapid Fire /startattack /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide(); /console Sound_EnableSFX 1 ```

I am having a problem with my focus dumps not firing, either arcane or multi, instead cobra is cast again, when i already am near full focus. Glaive nor direbeast are going off correctly either, skipping several times when they are indeed available. What am I doing wrong? My world latency is normally about 110-120 (boonies dsl). Doing normal button spamming, I’m guessing this is a reset timing problem? Suggestions?

The last part for the CS and AS, should be Arcane Shot, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot. Also if your Survival you should be using ToTH instead of Dire Beast.

I cannot say that I experience this same problem however there is an anomaly that can occur. The game makes its way through the macro from top to bottom. Due to skill priority and abilities coming off cooldown multiple more important skills may be cast before Glaive Toss even though it’s off CD. This can even go so far as to cause a cobra shot which seems out of place but really it’s not. The only way around that would be to include it in the castsequence at the bottom. However that would likely cause the macro to hang and not utilize the skill as much as possible.

That said, if you’re latency is >100ms it is difficult to predict macro behavior and me be the cause of your problems. I also do not button mash but rather use my hardware to sync my keypresses to my latency.

I’m on the fence about the final sequence. My macro always casts a few abilities before making it’s way to the bottom. I am never above half focus before the first cobra shot. If you use A Murder of Crows then I have to completely disagree with you as the macro may hang. Without it’s debatable. It does not focus cap me and the end results are the same.

I cannot find a source to agree with your claim that survival should be using TotH. Like I said I based this off of guidelines at icy veins which suggests Dire Beast. My one exception, stated in original post, to that is Blink Strikes over A Murder of Crows which is more functional in a macro. I did however test it and you can modify this macro to function well with it but it was a noticeable DPS loss.