Sv hunter macro question

hello there fellow nerds :slight_smile: Ok so… is there a way to set it so it re-applies serpent sting within say 3 seconds (approx) of it dropping off ? ive tried every macro here and it will either re-apply WAAAY to soon or 5+ seconds after dropping off. i have written my own and it performs exceptionaly well - timing 6 out of 8 mythic dungeons at 20+ but my intention is to now raid with it and the serpent sting timing is the last hurdle to get over as its important to ST damage imo. any help would be greatly appreciated

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/barthilas/Uncapped

@beefy_oce

Three seconds is a very tight window to refresh it.

The only things I can think of is to shorten the macro or put SS on it’s only keybind with something like this:

#showtooltip Serpent Sting
/stopcasting
/cast Serpent Sting

and track it with a Weak Aura (if you don’t already have one) as when it’s gonna fall of.

1 Like

I’ve kinda done the same but used keybindings to get around it. I use mouse key “4” to turn the macro in and off and I bound a separate bar key “4”to shift/alt/CTRL function.

Sometimes I use shift for the AOE function alt for an interrupt and control for some other function of choice. It’s not perfect but if you use a weak aura to tell you when the sting is needing to be refreshed all you would have to do is tap the modifier button to reapply it when it falls off. I use bartender and program the bars using specific binds to allow this. Just put whatever you want to cast in each specific bar position and you will be golden.

I’m sure there’s others here that have way better ways of doing it but for me it’s quick and easy and I’m used to playing with it that way.