Tank macro update 7/5/17

Testers wanted, seeking input… I’ve been doing a lot of testing and I’m trying to get the balance between survivability and DPS

I’m finding this macro to be a good balance right now i’m at iLvl 910 and this is pulling on avg 540k of course this will change depending pull size i’ve had it burst over 3mil and go as low as 300k on single target

Sequences[‘Guardian_test’] = {
– This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.03.
Author=“Cassamia@Bloodscalp”,
SpecID=104,
Talents = “3111311 or 3131211”,
Helplink = “https://wowlazymacros.com/”,
Help = [[Guardian macro for Single Target and AoE. currently using 3131311 using Elize’s Everlasting Encasement and Soul of the Archdruid ]],
Default=1,
MacroVersions = {
[1] = {
Combat=true,
StepFunction = “Sequential”,
KeyPress={
“/targetenemy [noharm][dead]”,
“/cast [@player, nostance:1] Bear Form”,
“/castsequence reset=target Moonfire, Thrash, null”,
},
PreMacro={
},
“/cast Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc”,
“/cast Rage of the Sleeper”,
“/cast Berserking”,
“/castsequence Thrash, Maul”,
“/cast Mangle”,
“/cast Maul”,
“/castsequence Mangle, Thrash, Moonfire”,
PostMacro={
},
KeyRelease={
“/use Potion of Prolonged Power”,
},
},
},
}

Oh I manage all stuns and survival option on their own keys and use as needed so they don’t shoot off when not needed.

I do like Rage of the Sleeper and the troll racial Berserking in the macro so they shoot off on cool down on longer fights…

Apparently there was a syntax issue that was corrected in the following post, So I have taken my Box post down.

Syntax needed fixing, should import now

Sequences['Guardian_test'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.03.
Author="Cassamia@Bloodscalp",
SpecID=104,
Talents = "3111311 or 3131211",
Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/",
Help = [[Guardian macro for Single Target and AoE. currently using 3131311 using Elize’s Everlasting Encasement and Soul of the Archdruid ]],
Default=1,
MacroVersions = {
[1] = {
Combat=true,
StepFunction = "Sequential",
KeyPress={
"/targetenemy [noharm][dead",
"/cast [@player, nostance:1] Bear Form",
"/castsequence reset=target Moonfire, Thrash, null",
},
PreMacro={
},
"/cast Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc",
"/cast Rage of the Sleeper",
"/cast Berserking",
"/castsequence Thrash, Maul",
"/cast Mangle",
"/cast Maul",
"/castsequence Mangle, Thrash, Moonfire",
PostMacro={
},
KeyRelease={
"/use Potion of Prolonged Power",
},
},
},
}

Nice macro I added a line
“/cast [combat] Frenzied Regeneration”, works sweet for me now thank you

Richard what is the spell Berserking you are using in this macro I can not find it anywhere in my spell book and the macro show this spell white letters meaning it doesn’t cast

berserking is the troll racial, it’s found in the general spell book… Any feedback on the damage output it still seems to be doing well for me.

I do not have Troll Racial in my spell book on any of the tabs Please Explain or Screen Shot what Race are you? the DPS is fair but not as high as I would like also why do you use a potion in the macro this must really use a lot of them

Troll druid - berserking is our racial

I use potions of prolonged power 2 per fight one as a pre pot one being used by the macro during the encounter… I use this mostly for raid bosses , feel free to take the potion out but I have a ton of them because I make them…

As for the damage I don’t think it’s too bad for a bear…

that explains it I am a Nightelf Druid we do not have berserking and I can make the potion as well but with it being in the macro it would fire off more than twice in a fight as this only last for one min other than that it seems okay

I’ve added Ironfur and Mangle to the rotation.
I can’t die lol

Sequences['Guardian_test'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.03.
  Author="Cassamia@Bloodscalp",
  SpecID=104,
  Talents = "3111311 or 3131211",
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead",
        "/cast [@player, nostance:1] Bear Form",
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Moonfire, Thrash, Mangle",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc",
        "/cast Rage of the Sleeper",
        "/cast Ironfur",
        "/castsequence Thrash, Maul",
        "/cast Mangle",
        "/cast Maul",
        "/castsequence Mangle, Thrash, Moonfire",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/use Potion of Prolonged Power",
      },
    },
  },
}

Love this macro, great work and thanks for the time invested for others to enjoy. /bow

There is always a common theme on these forums which is part of the main reason I stopped contributing and simply lurk from time to time along w/ continuing to make my own. Certain abilities whether it be for a tank/dps/heal require specific timing to be used most efficiently in a raid scenario.

Here is the TL;DR

Iron fur costs rage. Rage which can be used for maul if not the tank w/ threat or for more frenzied rejuves if/when needed. Macro’ing this in takes control of how you spend your rage away from you. This is also the reason Maul should NEVER be in a macro. Stuff just makes my head hurt seeing this.

Incarnation and rage of the sleeper are offensive but for a tank an added defensive cd as well. On progression these should be used when needed not in a macro.

As with any macro you can write and post an effective baseline rotation macro of abilities which are ok to spam on cd. Druids running or when running galactic guardian will still want moonfire on a seperate keybind to use most effectively to gain the most rage from it as well. Swipe is a filler it can be put in as part of a castsequence line so as to not overuse it. With some testing and looking at long test dummy sessions this can be figured out.

Blizzard has designed the game in such a way there are no true effective 1 button macros if you are looking to play your class at a mythic level. Best of luck and take care.

[quote quote=50901]There is always a common theme on these forums which is part of the main reason I stopped contributing and simply lurk from time to time along w/ continuing to make my own. Certain abilities whether it be for a tank/dps/heal require specific timing to be used most efficiently in a raid scenario.
Here is the TL;DR
Iron fur costs rage. Rage which can be used for maul if not the tank w/ threat or for more frenzied rejuves if/when needed. Macro’ing this in takes control of how you spend your rage away from you. This is also the reason Maul should NEVER be in a macro. Stuff just makes my head hurt seeing this.
Incarnation and rage of the sleeper are offensive but for a tank an added defensive cd as well. On progression these should be used when needed not in a macro.
As with any macro you can write and post an effective baseline rotation macro of abilities which are ok to spam on cd. Druids running or when running galactic guardian will still want moonfire on a seperate keybind to use most effectively to gain the most rage from it as well. Swipe is a filler it can be put in as part of a castsequence line so as to not overuse it. With some testing and looking at long test dummy sessions this can be figured out.
Blizzard has designed the game in such a way there are no true effective 1 button macros if you are looking to play your class at a mythic level. Best of luck and take care.
[/quote]

Its been stated, from the beginning of time, thatthese macros are not for high end content. IF you want to be truely good at your class, a 1 button macro will at least get you started, but these lazy macros are training wheels and should be treated as such. These macros are great for people wanting or still learning their classes.

You may think that but you’re wrong.

The macros may have started off as being for lazy people but as time goes on people want more intricate macros which will lead them into higher content.

Now the standard question is:
Will this top the metres or can i tank the world?

You say it’s great for people wanting to or still learning their class but in reality it’s not.

Why?

You’re spamming at 80ms, you don’t know what skill is firing off when and where and for many that may be absolutely fine, it’s not going to tell you what it’s using next or when to use a certain skill or the most importantly, why you use the skill… you just use it and off you go.
Don’t try to defend that minimum effort is a good place to start to know your class, it’s just a means to an end to help you enjoy the class you’re playing.

I don’t think I’m wrong.

Don’t you think a new person would not benefit greatly from these macros processes?

Let me ask you this, why would a person who knows their class 100%, downgrade to a 1 button system when they know they have mastered their class and they know their system works for them?

This site attracts people who want to achieve high numbers in the simplest way possible because they don’t know how to do it on their own or just want to experience higher numbers in a less fatiguing way. I don’t think seasoned, advanced players come to Lazy Macros to achieve higher numbers when they have already been there and done that. It’s actually disrespectful to think that those players need a 1 button macro to achieve high numbers.

In fact, these forums probably teach a beginner in text form how to become more seasoned just by using these macros and even trying to make their own macros for themselves to use.

It’s also absolutely nieve to think that the average player can’t learn a rotation, just by pushing a button at 80ms. It’s basically hands on learning.