/targetenemy switch confirmation

Could someone please clarify the switches you can use with /targetenemy.

I play Classic, but believe Classic uses Retail’s macro system anyway. What is not jelling with me is the dead or nodead entries.

I’ve seen:
/targetenemy [noharm,DEAD].
/targetenemy [noharm,NODEAD]

Surely one is not valid when used with noharm?

Also I’ve seen /targetenemy [noharm] [dead] with brackets.

What I would like a /targetenemy function that targets the closest mob to me that is aggressive and of course not dead.

So to me I need /targetenemy [harm,nodead] Is that right?

As an aside, I use to have a macro on my mage that targeted players within a certain range, checked a dot was on that target and if so switch to the next. If the dot was missing it would cast the dot spell on that target.

Is that functionality still around? It would be great to target the closest enemy in melee range. Thinking of cleaving specifically.

Thanks all for you replies.

I think youre looking for this

/cleartarget
/targetenemy [noexists][dead]

As far as i can remember, even for the first prio macros 11111 on the sequence ( wotlk ) this Function never existed and never will. ( hell this forum and GSE wasnt even born kek )

You shouldnt have used botting apps, and its totally forbidden by BLIZZARD and here in the forum we dont con done it this behaviour.

Cheers.

What are you talking about? “Botting apps”? It was a CVAR and available from Blizzard to use.

Forgive me if im wrong, but what you think was a console variable, it was not.

If i can remember well, that changed 4 or 5 expansions ago , when target nearest/priority changed for good.

THE only time i saw what your calling an OLD ( supposed ) cvar , ( check if ) it was with a botting program using scripts via plugins

Cheers.

PS: apologies, but it was not my intention call u a botter :stuck_out_tongue:

I had a search around.

/console targetNearestDistance 10.000000
/targetenemyplayer [noharm] [dead]
/console targetNearestDistance 41.000000

This is an example of what I’m referring to.

https://www.smolderforge.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8979

Yes , but like i told you, those things are long gone. for almost 10 y.

That one is even older - it stopped being available with TBC. Blizzard changed what macros and mods were allowed to do as they want YOU the player making decisions on what target you attack. They don’t let macros or mods that can act in combat from accessing the information you are trying to macro.

WeakAuras can for example SEE this and TELL you, the player and then YOU choose to act. GSE can see this BUT once it tries to use this information it stops being able to operate.

The other thing you also need to be aware of is that the link you referenced is for a PRIVATE server. They do not always implement the same restrictions that Blizzard does meaning their example does not reflect what is available within the game.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation TimothyLuke.

I haven’t played for 8 years so I am behind the times. I know /castrandom was dropped because I used that on my DeathKnight.

Cheers again.

No problem at all. I prob need to do a “deep dive” video about where the limitations are. It’s a black art currently.

On a side note: GSE has a Random Stepfunction that can replicate the /castrandom Behaviour

1 Like