TBC Shadow Priest Rotation

Hello everyone,

Though I would edit this old post rather than add another.

I move to GSE 3 annd have recreated my simple macro in a monkey see, monkey do fashion from other examples.

I have two questions.

You’ll see I have [“Keypress”] = “” below, and I’m not sure if that is a bug and not be there.

My biggest issue is how do I only apply Vampiric Touch after the 18 seconds it take to tick?

I tried adding reset=18 as such “/cast [combat,harm,nodead,nomod] reset=18 Vampiric Touch(Rank 3)”, but the line remains white and I believe this indicates a problem.

I envisage the macro operating as such:

[A]
Targets enemy
Makes sure I’m in Shadowform
Casts Vampiric Embrace
Casts Shadow Word:Pain

All the above are once off actions. (My assumption)

Then

[B]
Casts Vampiric Touch (18 second CD)
Casts Mind Blast
Casts Mind Flay
Casts Mind Flay

Then returns to the top of [B] and repeats.

But as the Mind Blast and Mind Flays don’t take 18 seconds I want it to jump or not cast Vampiric Touch again which is still applied and jump to Mind Blast > Mind Flay > Mind Flay.

At this point Vampiric Touch will be off CD and when it jumps to the top of [B] it should once again cast cast Vampiric Touch.

I want this to rinse and repeat until the key is lifted.

Help me please!! :slight_smile:

Any help would be fantastic and very welcome.

Thank you all for your time.

====================================================================
{
[“Variables”] = {
[“KeyPress”] = {
[1] = “/targetenemy [noharm,dead]”,
[2] = “/cast [noform:1,nomod] Shadowform”,
[3] = “/cast [harm,nodead,nomod] Vampiric Embrace”
},
[“KeyRelease”] = {
[1] = “/cast [harm,nodead,nomod] Shadow Word: Pain(Rank 10)”
},
[“Keypress”] = “”
},
[“Actions”] = {
[1] = {
[1] = {
[1] = “/cast [combat,harm,nodead,nomod] Vampiric Touch(Rank 3)”,
[“Type”] = “Action”
},
[“Type”] = “Loop”,
[“Repeat”] = 1,
[“StepFunction”] = “Sequential”
},
[2] = {
[1] = {
[1] = “/cast [combat,harm,nodead,nomod] Mind Blast(Rank 11)”,
[“Type”] = “Action”
},
[“Type”] = “Loop”,
[“Repeat”] = 1,
},
[3] = {
[1] = {
[1] = “/cast [combat,harm,nodead,nomod,nochanneling] Mind Flay(Rank 7)”,
[“Type”] = “Action”
},
[“Type”] = “Loop”,
[“Repeat”] = 2,
}
},
[“InbuiltVariables”] = {
[“Combat”] = true,
[“Trinket1”] = true,
[“Trinket2”] = true
}
}

=================================================================

The problem here is you are assuming that reset=18 means reset after 18 seconds. It means reset if I dont touch the macro at all for 18 seconds. This is defined by WoW.

If you dont need KeyPress - take it out. Leaving it in there will cause problems.

Hi TimothyLuke, thank you very much for your reply. That was my assumption “reset after 18 seconds”.

And I will certainly move the KeyPress to separate blocks.

Cheers again.

do you have an updated macro to separate block? Also, i might be doing this wrong but when i copy and past yours into a /macro it comes out in /say

Again i might be doing something wrong but /macro only allows 255 characters and this macro is much longer.

Hi Russell_Kent

the above macro is for use with GSE, not the in game /macro function.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/gse-gnome-sequencer-enhanced-advanced-macros

This whole site is focused on this fantastic addon allowing many disabled or age affected players to still enjoy gaming.

So I’m no closer to getting this working. If the GSE macro is sequential it’s just not working like that.

My compiled version is this, but sometimes it Mind Flays as the first cast, sometimes it VTs and then Mind Flays! This is turning from frustration to just getting pissed off immensely. Then it will VT, Mind Flay and then cast Mind Blast. I’ve tried adding pauses between the steps but GSE 2 didn’t need any.

Step 1
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack
/castsequence reset=target Vampiric Touch(Rank 3), nul

Step 2
/startattack
/castsequence reset=target Shadow Word: Pain(Rank 10), nul

Step 3
/startattack
/castsequence reset=target Vampiric Embrace, nul

Step 4
/startattack
/cast [combat] Inner Focus

Step 5
/startattack
/cast [combat] Devouring Plague(Rank 7)

Step 6
/startattack
/cast [combat] Mind Blast(Rank 11)

Step 7
/startattack
/cast [nochanneling] Mind Flay(Rank 7)

Step 8
/startattack

Step 9
/startattack
/cast [combat] Mind Blast(Rank 11)

Step 10
/startattack

Step 11
/startattack

Step 12
/startattack
/cast [combat] Vampiric Touch(Rank 3)

For anyone who wants to take a look first hand here is the import.

diKHfaaljLFjiddO6yGSmK8mkPPbKUguABkv13KqJtPkNtPc3dPu)dQyGsQKdQuwOe4HaQjcvDraYgLuHpkPQgja6KsqVuIAMiLCtKc7uOFcqnujYsHk1trnvfDvLkARaWxrk6SsQsVfiUlqzVKbdQddzXQ0JLYKPexMQndvYNbKrJu50s1QLuPEnsvZMsDBb1UP43kz4sYXvQ0YvXZrmDrxhk2UKQ47sQOZlW8vy)QAbPPIqIzaUHhW0urknfpr2UjjIXPgo1WPgo1WPgo1Wr8gMKU1r8on0Bw1P5H3WK0ToIRpdia4hsFzu0k4wHedidUwNMd8kCfkr3UDpdubIPfIK7SYckDlIPaNcc8IqfHafuiqXkMMoI(nmhertLIPbQDwenvestXaaD6ORTt0uCzpO0XjenvesCOeDaYt34HdEyqml6qNWGbIfhzbmfPehIKOtIYe1OxPsXBTSVmenvestfHe)JFu2dkDCc5h)qrkXHAiss8DX4MM)Wp8XjEs7eDaYZh(HTc6oGkw7HnySfJVtqxB3IUINbvU4Tw2xgLksPPIqI)Xpk7bLooH8JFOiL4qnejj(UyCtZF4h(4epPDIoa55d)WuyTU)E1EydgBX47e012TOR4zqLlERL9LrPIw1uriX)4hL9GshNq(XpuKsCOgIKeFxmUP5p8dFCIN0orhG88HFyiSu7TFTh2GXwm(obDTDl6kEgu5I3AzFzuQiOAQiK4F8JYEqPJti)4hksjoudrYhgK2k8fLG9WqGwelKy8Dc6A7w0v8mOYfV1Y(YOurSAQiK4F8JYEqPJti)4hksjoudrYhgK2k8fLG9WuybD)IIX3jORTBrxXZGkx8wl7lJsf3xtfH0uriX)4hL9GshNq(XpuKsCOgIKpmiTv4lkb7HPWATiwXZGkx8wl7lJsfP0uriX)4hL9GshNq(XpuKsCOgIKpmiMvJoKX42DdqG9WuyTUxrXZGkx8wl7lJsfTQPIqI)Xpk7bLooH8JFOiL4qnejFyqmRgDiJXT7gGa7HPWADVIINbvU4Tw2xgLIXTx5OurkXZGkxmTwRkX47e012TORyo9Q6aJPL9Lrm77IXnzhzRuXIAQiK4F8JYEqPJti)4hksjoudrYhgK2k8fLG9WwbDhqffJVtqxB3IUINbvU4Tw2xgLkfxO5IPBNaaD6ORTt0umU7gGO0v880n07jKUIbEf(IsDfppDd9EsPR4O3OxxXa0rw0vCbUDQRyC3nabPRsLkfZvERq8kIv8eWaRif4ybhsmn8eHhLinfpr2UjjIla4hgyATXCHalEdts36iMrDtIm1v9UQBu4lsC9zaba)q6lJIwb3kKyAGmyq2fAs)upUj7lJkqCef2fZaCdpGPPyazW160CGxHRqj62T7zGkqmEhxim2PIqI5kVviEfXkEcyGvKcCSGdjgGUDLyLkvkba

SHADOW

Talents: BC CLASSIC

This macro contains 1 macro template. This Sequence was exported from GSE 3.0.31.

This is also my Problem… Macro reset is not working and very very bad. and it seems, that there is no help

@Tostone did you actually turn on the options to reset your macro out of combat?

Also if you actually have a bug, trolling random forums here won’t do squat to get help. You might want to go to GSE’s actual support site GitHub - TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler: GSE is an alternative advanced macro editor and engine for World of Warcraft. It uses Travis for UnitTests, Coveralls to report on test coverage and the Curse packager to build and publish GSE. and ask for help there.