Test this macro! Feral 5.4

It does not lock up. The only reason it is locking up when you try to use Ferocious Bite after Savage Roar is because you do not have the Savage Roar Glyph which you should have as its mandatory.

The glyph makes it so savage roar doesnt use combo points which are needed for ferocious bite. Get the savage roar glyph.

The glyph makes Savage Roar useable without any combo points, not make it use no combo points.
So when you use Savage Roar even with glyph, there are no combo points left for Ferocious Bite.
I tried putting Ferocious Bite in before Savage Roar. Now the macro doesn’t lock up any more for me but the uptime of Savage Roar is noticeably reduced.

For now i am sticking with your 1 Ferocious Bite macro which works great for me.

BTW:
Thanks to everyone on this site and for all your efforts in making these macros.

Im not a pro with feral and its not my macro but I noticed a dramatic increase in damage after changing the macro. Also if Savage Roar uses combo points that are left over but does not require combo points than just put Ferocious Bite before Savage Roar. Easy Peazy Japaneezy. You should have 2 ferocious bites firing off. It increased my damage by quite a bit trust me.

Also thanks for your kind words to the community, but FYI Im not the original poster of this macro. That is Christopher. Im Chris :wink:

I am just presenting a few alterations as I focus on pvp with more of an emphasis on Arena so Im using Wild Charge and Inarnation off the start immediately following Tigers Fury as he suggested. Feral is the most complicated of any class to make macros for.

Hi guys yes my ilvl is 535 but I use 1 Thrash in my rotation - if you want more sustained dps try adding a Thrash somewhere.

Could you please tell us where in the rotation or does it not matter Michael?

It shouldn’t matter but my rotation is shorter than the original post here to keep the DoT up almost constantly. Thrash provides no combo point.

Refer to the closed druid thread and mine is on the first page.

Alright, but if you have a rotation that is giving you higher dps than please post it Michael.

Here is the link 5.3 Feral Cat - Patch 5.0+ - WoW Lazy Macros
second post.

Alright will do. Thanks buddy.

working perfect,any other rotation macro with shred for feral 5.4?

Love the Macro Christopher. Works great. I use the macros from this site all the time and i must say, keep up the good work guys.

It locks up from time to time and I’m only getting about 50kdps at best with ilevel 500 gear, is this natural?

I will get anywhere from 50k-100k with this macro. I guess it just depends on how long the fight is or how often u have to move from the mob. I have swipe set to another key and use it as needed but i have yet to have this macro lock up on me. But if it does, like what it’s doing for you, just have mangle set to a key and press it. Should start it back up.

Sorry guys was in the process of improving this even more and life got in the way. Couple of notes take it as you will.

Soul swap is a beast. Use it when you got a lock in the party to transfer dots to a new target so you can keep dotting up the target you are working on.

Swipe *no good even in AOE situations.

Thrash I still can not justify the energy cost we are starved for energy. The debuff the tank puts on the mob so it is just a waste if we are putting it on as well.

Fairy fire - useless. Someone else in your raid will apply the debuff so you having it on is just a waste so forget about fairy fire or fairy swarm.

FB REALLY needs to be in the macro. This is almost like a top priority spell.

Rip has to be up almost 100 percent of the time.

Savage roar has to be up almost like 100 percent of the time or else we hit like a wet noodle.

Rake is a top priority.

Mangle is only a filler and combo generator.

Honestly no one really uses shred anymore get it off of your bar. Can not justify the high energy cost and just all around lack luster ability. Mangle does more for less energy. Even some the top end raider kitties have finally stopped with using it as it just can no longer be justified. They just made it worthless. Trust me they tried to justify it. They can not. Per energy and for what it does it just can not be in any feral rotation.

This macro does leave a lot to be desired. I have spent countless hours trying to perfect it. I felt like I was getting close but the problem is I let my sub run out to focus on other things in my life.

So someone wants to pick up the torch. Go for it.

First of all… THANK YOU for this great macro… I drive about 120-140k with ilvl 520. Maybe it is not perfect but for me I had before macro around 80-90k… SO for me it’s perfect!

Now I have a question to you… After I got Assurance of Consequense trinket all of the main spells have 33% less cooldown time. If I got it right, this macros is optimized for the time without that trinket… I also got the 4-part T15 bonus which is great… any idea how to optimize the macro for the trinket?

TLDR; Christopher, download DroodFocus, ClassMonitor TukUI, and TukUI if you haven’t yet, with a little bit of fiddling you can get it so not only are all your bleeds and self buffs tracked near to where you’re tunneling Feral, but the Flashs from SpellFlash also track a lot better and are easier to see.

Edit: I also tested this macro and just a tidbit, Shred is absolutely not a wasted spell unless you are 60% of the time in front of your target; while it is pretty useless when you are soloing, in a group where you are able to sit behind the target for the fight it is a substantial DPS boost. It is not, however, a top priority ability and can be thrown either into the end of a long cast sequence or as a separate button for when you get that extra burst of energy; if you have the Glyph you can even macro it to a Burst CD and you do not have to be behind the target.

Edit 2: Swipe and Thrash on separate buttons for 5+ is useful, I agree that having swipe in the macro for anything but AoE is a DPS loss.

Edit 3: Also, I can’t remember if you stated this already, but Glyph of Savagery is almost required for Feral.

[quote quote=10730]TLDR; Christopher, download DroodFocus, ClassMonitor TukUI, and TukUI if you haven’t yet, with a little bit of fiddling you can get it so not only are all your bleeds and self buffs tracked near to where you’re tunneling Feral, but the Flashs from SpellFlash also track a lot better and are easier to see.

Edit: I also tested this macro and just a tidbit, Shred is absolutely not a wasted spell unless you are 60% of the time in front of your target; while it is pretty useless when you are soloing, in a group where you are able to sit behind the target for the fight it is a substantial DPS boost. It is not, however, a top priority ability and can be thrown either into the end of a long cast sequence or as a separate button for when you get that extra burst of energy; if you have the Glyph you can even macro it to a Burst CD and you do not have to be behind the target.

Edit 2: Swipe and Thrash on separate buttons for 5+ is useful, I agree that having swipe in the macro for anything but AoE is a DPS loss.

Edit 3: Also, I can’t remember if you stated this already, but Glyph of Savagery is almost required for Feral.
[/quote]

I was checking out raid of logs and noticed some the top raiding ferals had one thing in common. There shred damage is not what one would expect. Yes they do use shred and I guess I was misinformed about it not being on the bar but some enquirers have found that they advise only using it at times when you are under the effect of beserk or Omen. Also in times when you are not starved for rage and you do not need combo points immediately to refresh a rip.

Now considering that Omen is so crazy RNG and Beserk has a long cool down this would explain why this damage does not show off as much on there charts

For reference here is one

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ur9caools1btbfvg/details/12/?s=2340&e=2944

As you can see only 3 percent of there total damage is shred. this is consitant across the board with ferals. So you are correct that they do use it but the extra combo from mangle leading to an extra FB is just tooo good to miss. Mangle means more combo points due to less energy and when it crits ohhh boy more combo points so more chance on it to crit more more combo points more combo points more FB more FB more DPS. More DPS and you win.

Ohh and I use Elvui it is made for people like me who do not want to take the time to actually learn how to configure that plugin lol.

Hi Christopher! :slight_smile: Yes Shred is a rage hog haha. I do have Shred in a macro I made but that is because I am consistently behind the boss, and I checked a parse file I had and in my macro it is still only 3-5% so even though it is in there, the macro still fires it off a low amount of times. :slight_smile:

Shred is nice to use outside of a macro as well if you are syncing it with CD Burn abilities such as Berserk and TF, and could be one-buttoned in something like:

#showtooltip
/castsequence Berserk,Tiger's Fury,Shred,Shred,Shred,Shred,Savage Roar,Shred,Shred

With this though you would have to remove Berserk from the macro and It may end up turning into a DPS loss.

I will try to find an add-on that is similar to the ones I listed but for ElvUI; shouldn’t be too hard as they are very similar :smiley: I will keep you posted!

P.S. Could you test out the macro I posted on the other forum? It works fine for me, but I sent it to a friend who is 501 and he says it occasionally locks up, so I am thinking that maybe it has something to do with the gear I have that makes it work; I don’t usually use add-ons and I had originally made it for friends who wanted to play with feral so I am not too savvy with the cast sequences.

Thanks in advance, and I will keep you updated.

Found a class Monitor that works with ElvUI:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/classmonitor

Also DroodFocus:

Both have been tested and work with ElvUI! :slight_smile:

http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=23275

started using evl-ui due to that guy. That one thread has everything one would need for a feral.