To much Slice and Dice.

these macros all seem to use slice and dice over and over and almost never get evecrate out. I am thinking of trying a few macros with just evecrate if we can’t find a way to have slice and dice to only go off once or only once ever 20 or 30 seconds. I am only 79 right now and for leveling these macros are awesome, but i need to figure out a way not to waste points on Slice and Dice.,

does any-one have an idea of where to start or maybe as i gane more levels it wont be a problem.

Greetings , let me preface this by saying three things:

One: i do not know how to play a rouge

Two: until we know what Macro / or section of macro you are referring to , the odds are you will only get generalized information.

Three: I am not ,nor do i claim to be very knowledgeable about GS , but i try to share what i do know , I do hope this helps you fix your issue.

those things being said ,. from the way i under stand slice and dice , is its a finishing move that consumes combo points and the number of points it consumes affects how long it is active for ?

two things come to mind on how to limit it , take it out of the rotation and put it on a mod. or some sort of cast sequence and by that i mean something like :

"/castsequence ability 1, Ability 2, Ability b, ability c, Slice and Dice",

and the mod could possibly go something like

"/cast [mod:alt] Slice and Dice",

if you do the mod , it would be as simple as keeping an eye on your combo points and when you want it to go off , just hit the mod and it should kick in.

with the Cast sequence, i don’t think you would have that good of control on it , but by making the ability’s that come before it in a cast sequence be the ones that build up the combo points that you want it to cast on , then that might give you them time frame you are looking for ,since the ability cant be cast till the points are there .

-James

I have been using this macro

Sequences['COMBURST'] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
limit = limit % #macros + 1
step = 1
else
step = step % #macros + 1
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cancelaura Blade Flurry
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [nocombat,nostealth] stealth
/cast [stealth] Ambush
/cast [stealth] Cheap Shot
]],
[[/castsequence reset=target Revealing Strike,Slice and Dice,null]],
[[/cast [combat,nochanneling]Adrenaline Rush]],
[[/castsequence [combat,nochanneling]reset=combat Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Eviscerate]],
[[/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Shadow Reflection,Kidney Shot]],
[[/castsequence [nochanneling] Killing Spree]],
[[/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=35 Revealing Strike,Slice and Dice]],
PostMacro=[[
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/stopattack [stealth]
]],
}

it works really well other that the s&d issues, I do like your sugestion of putting a mod in for slice and dice, I will give that a shot.

[quote quote=26072]I have been using this macro

Sequences['COMBURST'] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
limit = limit % #macros + 1
step = 1
else
step = step % #macros + 1
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cancelaura Blade Flurry
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [nocombat,nostealth] stealth
/cast [stealth] Ambush
/cast [stealth] Cheap Shot
]],
[[/castsequence reset=target Revealing Strike,Slice and Dice,null]],
[[/cast [combat,nochanneling]Adrenaline Rush]],
[[/castsequence [combat,nochanneling]reset=combat Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Eviscerate]],
[[/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Shadow Reflection,Kidney Shot]],
[[/castsequence [nochanneling] Killing Spree]],
[[/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=35 Revealing Strike,Slice and Dice]],
PostMacro=[[
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/stopattack [stealth]
]],
}
```it works really well other that the s&d issues, I do like your sugestion of putting a mod in for slice and dice, I will give that a shot.
[/quote]

What's ur talent & glyph ? I am actually looking for a pvp macro. I tried many GS macros but all of them are low dps on pvp. Can you offer any really good at dps for pvp ? 

Regards