Updated GSE can't find macro icons

HI, with this new version of gse i don’t see the macro icons anymore. I looked at sequences tab and macro tab but i can’t find it.

Blizz removed that from the game.

How do u use the macros then if the the icon thing is gone?

you have to keybind it to a button now.

Thanks for the help.

I understand that we have to key bind the macros now, but I’ve always used controller and GSE wont recognise my controller to map a button, i can change my X button to 1 with REWASD as i use for clicking anyway but then i cant use shift X, CTRL X or Both and X.
I could try [nomod] [mod:shift] ect in my macros but with 13 alts its a nightmare.
Many thanks

NVM, Think i sorted it…
Just Used a combo on REWASD to Spam F1 & X When i hold X. tryed posting screen shots but can’t.

Touch wood.

Another user lost here. What a poorly configured piece of crap now. Blaming game configuration makes it even more dissapointing.

Blizzard changes their API, and you’re mad that two completely unrelated Addons don’t interact the same way they did in the first week of pre-patch?

… wow.

BTW, I watched Oak’s tutorial videos and successfully got GSE 3.2 working on my first try.

3 Likes

Here dear Dwarfvader has made an explanation for you how to return the icon…

1. Make sure to go to GSE options => TroubleShooting => turn off ActionButtonUseKeyDown and change Force CVar State to KeyUp.
  2. In wow Copy/Create this macro and bind it to your spam key, for me this is the mouse scroll up button.
#showtooltip
/cast [noform:4] Moonkin Form
/castsequence [form:4] reset=target Moonfire, Sunfire, null
/cast [mod:shift, @cursor] Celestial Alignment
/cast [mod:ctrl] todo
/click [mod:alt, nochanneling] M_AOE
/click [nomod, nochanneling] M_ST

LOL i am loving you right now Drake. you are right about this. Tim can only make GSE work withing the rules Blizz puts out. so if people are not happy, dont blame the addon and/or creator. Tim could of just as well said “F this i give up, you all figure this out yourselves” but he and the many testers spent months trying to give us a way for us to play and enjoy the game.

I had another great creator point out that you can still have a sort of “dummy icon” on your action bar if you make an in-game macro and add /click GSE_SEQUENCE_NAME to it. It doesn’t change that you still need to keybind the new sequence (it is not clickable), and it might get confused by complex macro blocks, but it should give an indication that your sequence is running without needing a separate weak aura.

I have used that one and it works great had to make a character specific macro instead of account wide

Forgive my ignorance but I still can’t figure out how to use even after assigning a macro key. I use a Corsair mouse with buttons on the side, at first I thought it wasn’t recognizing the mouse, but that’s not the case, even using the buttons on the keyboard, it still does nothing. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Friends, I read through the post above and watched OAK’s video about importing and assigning to a keybind. However after importing the macro it’s not showing up the in the character specific list (within GSE). Per OAK’s video it should be there after import. I have the latest version of Elvui and latest version of GSE. Note: The macro is still working once I assign it to keybind.

Could the issue of not showing up in the list be related to GSE or ElvUI?

welcome to WLM.
it is neither. its only keybinding no icon like DF and before.

Siodar, Thank you for the quick response. What I liked about the previous version was that I could see what spells where being cast while pressing the key. Now I just have to trust that GSE is doing what it’s supposed to be doing. :slight_smile:

I did try Drake’s post about creating a “dummy icon” but it doesn’t seem to be working. I’ll keep looking on the internet and boards. Again thank you for the feedback.

go to wagio and search “GSE ICON” put that Weak Aura in and it will show you spell icons as your using the sequences.