WARNING: Seems like blizz has changed some spells to auto target

Hey folks, after checking/testing with some of the guys on discord lobby.

It seems blizzard has changed some spells to ‘auto target’ a mob.
Doesn’t sound like much, but can be pretty nasty for dps if you are running a dungeon/raid.

As you know, i was having issues with some of the new 7.1.5 macros suddenly hitting mobs etc, thought it was a GSSE2 issue and was pulling my hair out. But, our hero Cymiryc, tested my findings/issue and it wasn’t GSSE but a blizzard change.

Some spells will now auto select a mob, for example; try your demon hunter, stand infront of dummy or mob, do not target it, and then hit a spell in your spellbook, shear for example. This now targets the mob. Same for some other pally spells, shammy and warrior. Not checked all.

This is just a heads up, as we all dont play tanks and healers :smiley:

I like having AHK running in the background when i am on one of my dps alts, we will now have to be careful as to not pull mobs!!! we have all become potential huntards :slight_smile:

Perhaps blizz will change back things, or someone here will find a solution, i just wanted to let you guys know about our recent findings…

/hug

There is a target to use option you can select to stop the macro from auto targeting unfortunately it isn’t working atm with gse2, but still works with gse1…

Some spells will now auto select a mob, for example; try your demon hunter, stand infront of dummy or mob, do not target it, and then hit a spell in your spellbook, shear for example. This now targets the mob. Same for some other pally spells, shammy and warrior. Not checked all.

I remember there was a time years ago (think it was WOTLK - have visions of icy caves in icecrown/stormpike on my mind) when Pally’s judgements would always autotarget the next mob in LOS. Was good for mobtagging when you rushed to the mobs while farming but sucked in Raids.

[quote quote=41307]There is a target to use option you can select to stop the macro from auto targeting unfortunately it isn’t working atm with gse2, but still works with gse1…
[/quote]

yeah i used that too in GS1, i see it check on GS2.

Has Tim confirmed this as a known bug??

I still think the stealth changes made on blizz side may not help us though…

Lets see if Tim confirms.

For the mo, i am still running my alts, just a little more careful :slight_smile:

Hello,

Make sure there are no lines in the macro that include /targetenemy

[quote quote=41475]Hello,
Make sure there are no lines in the macro that include /targetenemy
[/quote]

The VAST majority of the macro/scripts here will contain /targetenemy

There is NOTHING we or Tim can do against the blizzard side of things, i know i have answered my own question, but i just get the general idea that no one has really seen this issue.
I was expecting to read things like; ‘hmm this is auto targeting for no reason’, ‘great script, but damn you blizzard for the spell changes’, ‘perfect macro, now please blizz change back the spell auto target’.
Go look at the class threads, most with /targetenemy, some classes have an auto target spell in the spellbook.

But NO ONE has said anything like that, i think it is just me, and i now know who the people that pull all the mobs in my 5 man runs are!!! :slight_smile:

/hug

I know this is an old thread but I have this problem.

I am playing a BM hunter and it autotargets and autoattacks next mob unless I react very fast. Is there any way I can prevent this?

Take a look at the macro and delete “/tagert…” & “/startattack” . They can be found at pre/post macro and also at keyrelease sometimes.
Good hunt!
Edit: But i recommend to keep one of these lines (if they are in), for fast target switches:

• /petattack [@target,harm,exists]
    or /petassist. Both in Premacro.

I am not sure atm what will fit the best for BM hunter, i didn’t played for a longer time.

Personally I use the following as the beginning to all of my macros, replacing the usual default of /targetenemy

/stopmacro [target=target,noexists] [noharm] [dead]

This prevent accidental misfires for me as I have to actively click or tab target a hostile mob for the macro to proceed. This means that I can roam around with the macro on but until I click a hostile it’s effectively ‘off’. This approach also helps when you’re doing a quest and have completed but you’re still in combat because someone else that was hitting the same mobs you were is still in combat. It means my client doesn’t keep attacking anything in range just because I’m technically in combat still.

Or you could look at the GSE Option: Require Target to Use which means that unless you are actively targetting an emeny it won’t fire the macro irrespective of what Blizzard’s spells force into action.