warning sign

Logged on to ptr this morning and was testing macro and got a warning sign from blizzard stating using a custom script can cause you to lose gold or character , was using gnome sequencer enhance at the time , has anyone else seen this ?

There is a lot of news about it where you need to execute a code that someone whispers you. It then opens a back door through that script.
It exploits some addons like Prat. It can be done without addons as it uses the chats lua.

Just be careful about what you have in the script especially if using /run scripts/macros:

/run(“Executing macro 3! (Wild Strike)”)
/cast Wild Strike

Ok so I looked further into which , sry for mistake it was this macro that I used, nothing to do with the enhance gnome

Sequences[‘feralsingle’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/cast Wild Charge
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/run sfx=GetCVar(“Sound_EnableSFX”);
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
]],
‘/castsequence reset=combat Rake,shred,shred,shred,!Rip,Rake,shred,shred,shred,ferocious bite,Rake,shred,shred,shred,ferocious bite’,
‘/use [combat] Berserk’,
‘/use [combat] survival instincts’,
‘/cast Incarnation: King of the Jungle’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/cast Tiger’s Fury
/use [combat] 11
/use [combat] 12
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

Im looking into this and it looks like its the combination of the below stuff triggers the magic warning.

/run sfx=GetCVar(“Sound_EnableSFX”);
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

I’m thinking of making /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide(); and /console Sound_EnableSFX 0 as booleans that you can set as a global option per taste so they don’t have to be part of the Sequence. You would have a HideUIErrors and a DisableSoundErrors one that did UI errors and Sound Errors individually.

The way it would work is that per client, i would append /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide(); to the PreMacro and /script UIErrorsFrame:Show(); to the PostMacro and a similar for the audio settings.

It would make Sequences about being Sequences wihtout having to boilerplate in the hacks.

What do people think?

i recived this waring as im trying to get the mount befor the 28th but i have no addons only GSE is it safe to proceed A IT CAME ON WHENI WENT TO RUN THE BLOOK dk MACRO

Here’s a great way NOT to get banned: Follow Blizz’s ToS to the letter.

THAT WARINIGN IS ON woltk DOES THAT MEAN RETAIL ASWELL?

…Blizz’s ToS covers ALL of their games…

i mean as the warnign was in wotlk will that same waring be popping up in retail?

Holy thread resurrection Batman

The warning exists for any kid that uses /script commands which GSE uses. It will appear once and has been the case for the last 8 years

nana nana nana nana nana na na na… BATMANN

'90s tv series feels XD

90s? damn your young is thats the time period you think of. lol jk messing with you.

i see

and think late 60’s. makes me old. lol