Warrior charge too close to target and hanging for about 5 secs

is it possible to use charge only if you are in range to do so and not too far away or too close? when im too close it just hangs for about 5 secs before moving on to another part of the macro and in pvp and even in certain pve situations 5 sec is a long time. so if you open with charge the macro hangs. any help would be greatly appreciated! i have it set as a variable like:
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack
/castsequence [nocombat] reset=target Charge, Hamstring
/castsequence [nocombat] reset=nocombat Battle Shout, null

Depending on where you have that variable it will lock your macro completely. It will just oscillate between charge and hamstring. It won’t move past charge till it can charge and then once it hamstrings it will just move back to changes again.

1 Like

would you happen to know how i can make it so it wouldnt happen?

Hello @nova,

This is what my KeyPress and KeyRelease used to look like on Shadowlands, maybe it gives you an idea.

/targetenemy [noharm]
/startattack [nocombat]
/castsequence [nochanneling,combat,mod:shift] Die by the Sword; [nochanneling,combat,exists,mod:ctrl] Piercing Howl; [nocombat] reset=nocombat Battle Shout, null

---- Add Hamstring block here?

/cast [nochanneling,exists] Charge

1 Like

thanks guys your input really helped alot! got things working. except for hamstring for some reason :frowning: its procing as often as it can. is there a variable code to make it so it cant use a skill for a certain amount of time?

You need to write your macro in such a way that it doesn’t get back to hamstring for a while. I would suggest adding a loop and leaving it outside the loop.