We need a way to RATE / RANK macros we've used...

It would be cool to be able rate the macros we’ve used from this site.
A simple 1 star thru 5 star rating system (or something like that) would be awesome. New users could search via ratings, etc.

Thanks for the feedback Sethadon, I thought about it a long time ago but I have to find the right way to implement it. I will have to research again a system that it allows this with a great user experience.

Probably will be included when I redesign the site again that I’m planning to do. It won’t be anytime soon because I been trying to find a job, but once I get some time I definitely will work on it for sure.

I do not think rating is such a good idea. It is really just a opinion that people have of some macros. Some macros are functional, but are just really bad when it comes to actually doing a proper rotation and being competitive in a raid environment.

Pretty much ANY all in 1 macro would be rated a 1 star macro from me. Now i understand that alot of players who use this site are looking for this type of macro. I would not tell them to not use a macro, no matter how bad, if it works for them.

On the flip side there are players who would take my macros i submit and rate them 1 star. I am 7/14 heroic and use them all the time in that setting, they work great, but some players might not like that they do not do every little thing for them with one button.

A more annoying thing i have been seeing is players using a “hyped” up title, and then having a total garbage macro. THAT should be addressed in my opinion. Those would get a high rating for creative title, but the macros would be junk.

Separation of macro styles would be better, small multi-button competitive macros, and all in 1, do everything for you with 1 button macros would be better for players than a ranking.

Thank you Brent for your contribution to the site and to all of those that also help the site become a must see site for macros.

I agree that some people might rate or judge incorrectly about macros. Some people take it literally the lazy approach and hate the site because can’t find what they want in 1 click. I would love to being able to test all macros but that would be very time consuming and it depends on many variables also, so it is kinda hard to categorize the macros.

Thank you gentlemen, I will do my best to see what would be the best way to sort it out in the future.

Yes, but who are YOU to say rating should (or shouldn’t) be done? - Try selling your opinion to the BIG sites out there that have already implemented rating systems (like Facebook or YouTube). I think they might just tell you to go away. :wink:

Exactly! If it “works for them”, why not let THEM rate it? If a macro doesn’t work for you, by all means “rate it a 1 star”. :wink:

If your macros work for you, cool! If they don’t work for someone else, their loss - right?
The users here should still have a way to rate a macro based on their experience using it. There are so many benefits to this.

If the macro is “junk” and the user who posted did a great job of “advertizing” his/her macro, the truth about the macro would come out in a rating system of some kind. Eventually, these macros would go away due to bad publicity.

“Classifying” macros could be beneficial in distinguishing one style of macro from another, and may help admins organize the info on this site (I agree), but that really is a seperate topic altogether - IMO, that has more to do with design layout / organization than a rating system.

I just wanted to bring this topic to the forefront again, as there are a lot of REALLY GOOD macros out there, that are sometimes quite hard to find, because people copy the macro code, don’t give feedback, and then the thread goes cold and eventually gets lost in the enormous trail of other threads. :frowning:

Eventually, I see a rating system allowing users to “sort by popularity” - based on rating of course - which might better facilitate collaboration of different coding approaches, and possibly prevent good macros from being lost in the ether (so to speak) :wink:

Thanks again for your consideration in implementing such a rating system on this site.

Cheers! :slight_smile: