Orc Beast Mastery Hunter
Talent Compare

Fight Style - Patchwerk
Boss Targets - 1
Fight Length (seconds) - 600
Iterations - 10,464

Talents - 3131132 (Volley) - DPS - 1,594,704
Talents - 3131112 (A Murder of Crows) - 1,610,782

This is a mere 1% difference with AMOC being the winner over a 10 minute fight and a single boss.

TWO BOSS FIGHT -

GWEENN
1,962,093 DPS
Orc Beast Mastery Hunter
Talent Compare

Fight Style - Patchwerk
Boss Targets - 2
Iterations - 13,361

Talents - 3131132 (Volley) - DPS - 1,962,093
Talents - 3131112 (A Murder of Crows) - 1,935,953

This is a 1.4% difference with Volley being the winner against 2 bosses.

Hectic add cleave with 1 boss - Regular add spawns, frequent movement. Similar to T15 Horridon

GWEENN
2,173,814 DPS
Orc Beast Mastery Hunter
Talent Compare

Fight Style - HecticAddCleave
Boss Targets - 1
Iterations - 56,174

Talents - 3131132 (Volley) - DPS - 2,173,814
Talents - 3131112 (A Murder of Crows) - 2,131,350

This is a 2% difference with Volley being the winner.

None of these are massive AOE fights, and frankly, there really aren’t many AOE fights in Antorus, which is pretty relevant. It does make sense to focus on single target damage given the current raid design.

I feel compelled to say that regardless of SIMs, my experience raiding tells me that Dire Stable gives me greater burst phases and helps keep my overall DPS up. WOTC sims slightly higher, but I get focus starved a lot and often enter burst phases (Bestial Wrath) with little or no focus to optimize it. One could account for this by turning the macro off and allowing focus to build 5-6 second before Bestial Wrath is ready, but I also feel like the purpose of the macro is to use it pretty much constantly to allow us to focus on mechanics rather than focusing on which abilities to use, where our focus is, monitoring cool-downs and the like.

Ultimately, it depends on how YOU choose to play. The way that I choose to do it, even if slightly less optimal (1-2%) in terms of DPS, allows me to focus on mechanics, and other tasks (CC, etc.), movement. It is a trade-off.

This is also why I have such trouble with answering questions about what is ‘best’. I can only get you close between macros and a better understanding of the various theory behind the BM Hunter. How you choose to implement it will have a large impact on your results.

Gween