WOD - Affliction - Gnome Sequencer

My current Affliction macro. I don’t have any lockups, and it is refreshing the DOTs just before they expire. I DO get the occasional drop of the Corruption and Agony, but it seems to be when I am playing through my cell phones hot spot connection, so it might be a lag issue.

I use a Razer Naga to spam the Macro.

Sequences['aff'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
[[/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/38 Corruption,Agony,Unstable Affliction,Haunt,Drain Soul,Drain Soul,drain soul,drain soul,Haunt,Corruption,Agony,Unstable Affliction,drain soul,drain soul,drain soul,drain soul]],
	'/cast [combat] Dark Soul: Misery'
}

thanks works great!

this will not cast for me, I have no idea, also when I go to make the macro in the character specific, the macro box will stay empty

Get the Notepad++ program to edit the Sequences.lua file. It will let you know if the syntax is incorrect. Also, make sure you are using ’ <– when you copy/paste from this forum, sometimes it changes, which will mess up the macro. The addon won’t see the macro.
Here is my own file, I have a few classes already setup.
https://www.cubbyusercontent.com/pli/Sequences.zip/_8c55e49ab5c44b55893f2280ab42548b

Sequences[‘aff’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/15 Corruption,Agony,Unstable Affliction,Haunt,Drain Soul,Drain Soul,drain soul,drain soul,Haunt,Corruption,Agony,Unstable Affliction,drain soul,drain soul,drain soul,drain soul’,
‘/cast [combat] darksoul: Misery’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Hi and first of all thanks for putting this macro together, i normally play destro but went for a change but can not for the life in me get this macro to work.

I have tried notpad++ changing '/ etc but nothing. I notice you said you use a naga to spam hows does that work precisely

any help greatly appreciated

R3G

try this one, just mod original from above.

Sequences['AFF'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
]],
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/15 Corruption,Agony,Unstable Affliction,Haunt,Drain Soul,Drain Soul,drain soul,drain soul',
	'/cast [combat] darksoul: Misery',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

what talents are you using? and glyphs?

Why no Seed of corruption?

• what does the [!] mean before/do before a spell/ability?
  • Why does some spells/abilities require quotation marks " instead of ', or vice versa?
  • In Addition why do some of your macros fail to have the StepFunction protocol? I read elsewhere that a GS Macro will fail to work without it being presented in every macro. Doing it once failed to carry over to the others.
such as: ``` Sequences["wwmonk"] = { PreMacro = [[ /targetenemy [noharm][dead] ]], '/cast [nochanneling] Rushing Jade Wind', "/cast !Fists of Fury", '/cast [nochanneling] chi wave', "/cast [nochanneling] !rising sun kick", '/cast [nochanneling] jab', '/cast [nochanneling] jab', '/cast [nochanneling] chi explosion', '/cast [nochanneling] jab', '/cast [nochanneling] Expel Harm', '/cast [nochanneling] jab', '/cast [nochanneling] [combat]Energizing Brew', '/cast [nochanneling] !Tiger Palm', PostMacro = [[ /cast !touch of death ]], } ```

PreMacro/PostMacro protocol failed to be present entirely in the two macros Warrior Fury and Death Knight Frost. I have made more changes than just adjusting that but if this helps others as well, here is my sequence.

Hopefully it is free of errors but hopefully others will illuminate them. Notepadd++ failed to show any that I am able to see. Maybe there is some Warcraft LUA protocol I can load into Notepadd++ but I have not found it yet.

Ok my test failed… something in the following code failed so bad it kept GS from loading the sequence file. This happened to me a while ago with my paladin macro and the answer was:
'
was being used instead of
".

[code cut]

editing the code out cause it was a huge WALLOFTEXT; And that HealMe already answered my question before I asked it earlier in a sticky, illumination came to me.