Working Survival 6.0.3 GS Awesomeness!

When did Jorum post a macro? I would really like to see your macro what what the differences are. :slight_smile: Thanks for all the input.

I am still testing to make it better

haha he didnt :wink: lucky me . but its a little broken for me like i said some manual activity is still require which i kinda fixed at least for me but still struggling with numbers here compared to what people are suggesting they get from these macros . went high maul and a SVV hunter popping out 24k on the last boss then a guildies hunter @ 18k and myself with macro 16-17k i dare say they wont be using macros as they probably know how to play properly the SVV guy had a few pieces of mythic and no blues so can these macros really do what people have been saying … really . 5 min video clips / logs or recount data would be desirable . i will get some screens on some diff dummies tonight with recount showing IF!! i have time and post with the Gnome macro i am using . most of the time as MM data isnt accurate as no kill shot and the dummie is always over 80% . dunno how to make the black box though

Jay

[quote quote=20358]Talents are 3,2,2,3,1,3,2
Major glyphs are Animal Bond, Liberation, Deterrence
iLvl 626 pulling 22k ST and 27k AOE in Heroics

Let me know what yall think! Feel free to take the Step Functions out.

Sequences[‘SurvST’] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [@focus,help][[help][@pet,exists] Misdirection
]],
	‘/cast [combat]Berserking’,
	‘/cast [combat]A Murder of Crows’,
	‘/cast !Black Arrow’,
	‘/castsequence reset=12 Arcane Shot’,
	‘/castsequence reset=10 Explosive Shot, Focusing Shot’,
	‘/cast Barrage’,
	‘/cast [nochanneling]Focusing Shot’,
	‘/cast !Black Arrow’,
	‘/castsequence reset=15 !Explosive Shot, !Explosive Shot’,
	‘/castsequence reset=6 !Arcane Shot, !Arcane Shot, !Multi-Shot’,
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/startattack
]],
}
Sequences[‘SurvMT’] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast [@focus,help][[help][@pet,exists] Misdirection
]],
	‘/cast [combat]Berserking’,
	‘/cast [combat]A Murder of Crows’,
	‘/cast !Black Arrow’,
	‘/cast Barrage’,
	‘/cast [nochanneling]Focusing Shot’,
	‘/castsequence reset=12 Multi-Shot’,
	‘/castsequence reset=10 Explosive Shot, Focusing Shot’,
	‘/cast !Black Arrow’,
	‘/castsequence reset=15 !Explosive Shot, !Explosive Shot’,
	‘/castsequence reset=6 !Multi-Shot, !Multi-Shot, !Multi-Shot’,
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/startattack
]],
}

[/quote]

Just wondering how are you pulling any DPS this is Focus starved. No Shots I can see to regain focus.

Love the idea of step functions as i use them with my MM spec and just set my razor keyboard to auto press at 0.05 intervals. My issue is the fact that you are not using Lone Wolf which is an absolute DPS increase over Focusing shot when i play manually. for this to work would I just replace all focusing shots with cobra or do you think I would have to swap it totally due to the focus return?

He is using Focusing Shot as his focus generator.

anyone know why the GS IS FAILING for me? I didn’t add any macros to it an it fail before I rename it plz help

exploosive shot not firing off … once again another broken one , barrage as well not firing off

I modified the OPs sequence and it seems to be working fairly well. I fixed the problem with Explosive Shots not being fired when Lock and Load procs. I removed the following lines:

Misdirection line - as I use MD helper to manage my misdirects Beserker line - I am an Alliance player Barrage Line - I manually control when I fire Barrage

I have left in the StepFunction lines even though I have no idea what it does. Anyone that can explain it to me?

Sequences['SurvST'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
]],
	'/cast [combat]A Murder of Crows',
	'/cast !Black Arrow',
	'/castsequence reset=12 Arcane Shot',
	'/castsequence reset=10 Explosive Shot, Focusing Shot',
	'/cast Focusing Shot',
	'/cast !Black Arrow',
	'/cast !Explosive Shot',
	'/cast !Explosive Shot',
	'/cast !Explosive Shot',
	'/castsequence reset=6 !Arcane Shot, !Arcane Shot, !Arcane Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}
Sequences['SurvMT'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast !Black Arrow',
	'/cast [nochanneling]Focusing Shot',
	'/castsequence reset=12 Multi-Shot',
	'/castsequence reset=10 Explosive Shot, Focusing Shot',
	'/cast !Black Arrow',
	'/cast !Explosive Shot',
	'/cast !Explosive Shot',
	'/cast !Explosive Shot',
	'/castsequence reset=6 !Multi-Shot, !Multi-Shot, !Multi-Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

From what I understand, the step function creates a priority system, the spells uptop are going to be cast way more then the spells on bottom (kinda explained in the examplesequences)

– Here’s a large demonstration sequence documenting the format:
Sequences[“GnomeExample1”] = {
– StepFunction optionally defines how the step is incremented when pressing the button.
– This example increments the step in the following order: 1 12 123 1234 etc. until it reaches the end

so in your rotation its would be like

a murder of crows, a murder of crows, black arrow, a murder of crows, black arrow, focusing shot…etc

Jorum is full of shit until he posts his “macros”.

These are all really bad. You don’t want to use a cast sequence with a step function as it can get out of sync very fast. Your explosive show has a 15 second reset so procs are ignored, and the serpent sting refresh is twice as fast as it needs to be.

People that have no idea how to play a class should not be writing macros for it.

[quote quote=20970]These are all really bad. You don’t want to use a cast sequence with a step function as it can get out of sync very fast. Your explosive show has a 15 second reset so procs are ignored, and the serpent sting refresh is twice as fast as it needs to be.

People that have no idea how to play a class should not be writing macros for it.
[/quote]

Thanks for your contribution with your wonderful words of wisdom. Too bad you contribute nothing else.

Made a couple of changes:

Sequences['SurvST'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast !Black Arrow',
	'/castsequence reset=target Explosive Shot, Focusing Shot',
	'/castsequence reset=target Arcane Shot',
	'/cast !Black Arrow',
	'/cast Focusing Shot',
	'/cast !Explosive Shot',
	'/cast !Explosive Shot',
	'/cast !Explosive Shot',
	'/castsequence reset=6 !Arcane Shot, !Arcane Shot, !Arcane Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}
Sequences['SurvMT'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast !Black Arrow',
	'/castsequence reset=target Explosive Shot, Focusing Shot',
	'/castsequence reset=target Multi-Shot',
	'/cast !Black Arrow',
	'/cast !Explosive Shot',
	'/cast !Explosive Shot',
	'/cast !Explosive Shot',
	'/castsequence reset=6 !Multi-Shot, !Multi-Shot, !Multi-Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Has anyone tested this macro in a raid? Can someone with 645+ item lvl post some numbers…thanks

Im have a gear 645 not a bad macro working wel if you stand still :=)
couple problem when you raiding :=) the Focusing shot totally destroy the mobility you have whit the long wolf talent and whit using barrage you focus starve couple times delaying black arrow a lot.
For raiding really the long wolf or even ammunition is better, Glaive toss is less focus and more easy to manage spec when black arrow cost 60 focus too :=)
The macro gives me 3k less dmg spec on singel boss fights VS lone wolf -glaive toss-Dire beast combo

Forgot to mention when you use barrage is realy brakes the macro when the LNL procks is fire focus shoot many times before using the Lnl prock :wink:

[quote quote=20990]Im have a gear 645 not a bad macro working wel if you stand still :=)
couple problem when you raiding :=) the Focusing shot totally destroy the mobility you have whit the long wolf talent and whit using barrage you focus starve couple times delaying black arrow a lot.
For raiding really the long wolf or even ammunition is better, Glaive toss is less focus and more easy to manage spec when black arrow cost 60 focus too :=)
The macro gives me 3k less dmg spec on singel boss fights VS lone wolf -glaive toss-Dire beast combo

Forgot to mention when you use barrage is realy brakes the macro when the LNL procks is fire focus shoot many times before using the Lnl prock ;)
[/quote]

Try using my edits of the OPs macros. I do not fire Barrage on cooldown, rather I selectively use it, typically after a focusing shot goes off. The use of Focusing Shot does require you to stand still to use but nothing that is unmanageable.

[quote quote=20970]These are all really bad. You don’t want to use a cast sequence with a step function as it can get out of sync very fast. Your explosive show has a 15 second reset so procs are ignored, and the serpent sting refresh is twice as fast as it needs to be.

[/quote]

I’m not sure what you are trying to sync with a step function, it simply adds priority casting to a spam macro, if something procs it simply needs to be higher on the priority list.

However, toxic posts such as this, that contribute nothing to the conversation should not be posted as you are not helping anyone.

Kourgat wrote
Try using my edits of the OPs macros. I do not fire Barrage on cooldown, rather I selectively use it, typically after a focusing shot goes off. The use of Focusing Shot does require you to stand still to use but nothing that is unmanageable.

Like im sad you NOT use focusing shot at all in moving environment…raid or pvp ,you just dont have a chance to stand still that much and dps…sadly you cant cast when you move…when blizzard change it then mayby it is a god option…you use instead Lone Wolf …
Im not trashing your macro i cant do better just pointed out the fact as a raider :=)

Considering FS is way better than LW, but require that you stand still I have put FS on a separate button and activate it when I am down to 20-30% focus left (and make sure its not when I have to move fast). All the other spells I have in this GS macro:

Sequences['Surv1'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack [@target,harm]
]],
'/cast A Murder of Crows',
'/cast Black Arrow',
'/cast Explosive Shot',
'/cast Arcane Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
]],
}

I push out about 25k DPS with my current ilvl 652, but it seems like like A Murder of Crows and Black Arrow is not always prioritized over ES and AS. Any idea why this might be?

I’ve actually submitted a couple macros myself. I’m not wrong, you’re just mad at the messenger here. The feedback I gave was valid.