Wow Classic, Cataclysm, Druid Swipe in Macro

Only way i got Mangle to work for my Cat Form was to go to Options in GSE, Troubleshooting and Edit Spell Cache.

For me, Mangle just had a number as the spell ID so i changed the spell ID Part to “Mangle(cat form)” no space between Mangle and brackets and no “” either.

So for your Swipe in bear form it will be Swipe(bear form) then, have not tested the bear form Swipe but should work.

EDIT:
After some testing it is not working anymore and the Mangle area to edit the Spell ID is now missing.
Back to square one it seems.

EDIT 2:
Got it working again.
Went into the following folders WTF/Account/“Account name”/SavedVariables and look for the file GSE.lua. (Make a Backup just in case)

Edit GSE.lua file and go to the very bottom, will look something like this:

GSESpellCache = {
[“enUS”] = {
[“Swipe”] = “Swipe(cat form)”,
[“Mangle”] = “Mangle(cat form)”,
},
i just added the line [“Mangle”] = “Mangle(cat form)”, under the Swipe one and saved, went into game and now it picks it up again.

No idea how it disappeared but i might have goofed up something but hey its working again for now.

EDIT 3:
Had it bug out again but fixed it again but will explain what i did and what possibly led to it sorta resetting again.

Was is Eastern Kingdoms and hearthed to Stormwind and learned new skills and ported to Moonglade, then flew to Astranaar in Ashenvale and ran to Stonetalon Mountains.
Tried to attack an orc just to be met with the message that Mangle needs me to be in bear form.

Checked the Spell Cache and it had some missing ID’s so i clicked the Update Macro Stubs button and the ID’s are showing again, Mangle had the correct ID i put in earlier so i exited the game and checked the GSE.lua file again and all was correct there, checked the GSE.lua.bak and that one had the incorrect Spell ID so i changed it to the correct one.

Went back into the game and now it’s working again, so not sure if editing the GSE.lua.bak fixed it or just exiting the game and coming back into it fixed it.

Hope we get a official and permanent fix soon as this is all just a workaround for now.

1 Like

same issues, super annoying, alot of druid abilities keep changing their IDs in GSE

I appreciate the feedback!

My workaround that has been okay so far…

I added a /click command and added the specific spell to my hotbar, and then linked the hotbar button to the gse macro string. Its sorta clunky, but has worked well for me. Example, I am using Bartendar hotbars:

/click BT4Button64

I have this hotbar hidden so its not big deal.

Toggle /fstack on to find your hotbar name, and then toggle it off once known.

I have had good success with my single/AoE target macro for Bear, but my Cat macros still need some work.

2 Likes

I tried the /fstack too and found the hot bar slot/button to use and it is ActionButton5.

/click ActionButton5 does work by itself at least but can’t get it to work in a rotation, it stays red and not registering it as valid by the look of it.

The Spell ID thing is really messing around too, need to exit the game every time you teleport or hearth for it to work again.

It would be nice if it could work like this:
My ActionButton5 Being Mangle for the cat form,

/castsequence reset=target ActionButton5, Rake, Ferocious Bite, ActionButton5, Rake, ActionButton5

but doing it this way does not work as the ActionButton5 are in red and not functioning.

Will use the /click ActionButton5 instead and make a much longer macro for now.

Ive been trying to get my macro to work all night and just found your work around.

Would be nice to just be able to have a /cast Swipe(bear form) or something like that but anyways this will do for now!

THANK YOU!

I agree! it seems like the logic is there for it to work in a castsequenence. At the same time, seems like if the spell ID gets added to the WTF files, then GSE should work like normal, and we wouldn’t need to have a workaround!

I appreciate your time reviewing and looking into this as well!

Yes, would be great for the spell ID to register within GSE, maybe a future update!

Happy this helped!

they do, thats the problem, they are importing into the cache in gse on first use but the IDs are incorrect.

this is the only thing i can get to work right now its an old school macro not gse but it works for me Feral (Bear Tank) Lazy Macro – 4.3

Just made a bug report after registering and all, hope the issue will soon be fixed.

I’m using the Archived one too but for Feral Cat but with some adjustments but the Mangle ability requires bear form, whole rant about the problem from start of post :smiley:

Hope it will get fixed soon now that i have submitted a Bug report.

Well it looks like a Wow problem not a GSE one, bug report closed but there is a workaround.

Link to bug report and explanation [BUG] Classic Pre Patch Cataclysm Feral Druid · Issue #1422 · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler · GitHub

/use Mangle(Cat Form) seems to work but can’t use in a longer rotation like in /castsequence, it will have to be separate for now like in:

Block Type :Action with Block Path 1
/use Mangle(Cat Form)

Block Type :Action with Block Path 2
/use Rake

Block Type :Action with Block Path 3
/use Ferocious Bite

Something like that, won’t follow proper cast sequence and will affect DPS but maybe someone can make it work.

its cause by spell IDs in wow with cata changes (and im sure bugs) but its GSE not reporting them correct under its cache.

as for it working with (Cat Form) thats because its defaulting all similar abilities to the cat form spell IDs and adding (Bear Form) instant clears to the base ability, which then defaults to using cat version again

Actually - Its GSE Asking WOW for Swipe{Cat Form} and Swipe(Bear Form) and WoW reporting the same spell ID for BOTH. GSE only cache’s what WoW returns. With the removal of ranks, a few edge cases like this remain. I cant change what WoW’s API returns and wont be trying to code around it as it will break what happens in Retail.

Thank you for putting in a ticket, and getting a final answer for us. Maybe not ideal but at least we have a workaround. Let me know if you come up with a decent cat rotation!

Thank you for following up and providing a response!

I only respond here to things that have already been raised and sorted out on GSE’s GitHub. If its important and worth me responding to someone will raise it over there.

can u export it please?

Sorta found a very roundabout way to get a rotation to work with working Mangle on Cat Form.
Still leveling my Druid of lvl 33 and have a very basic rotation for it.

To get a rotation working like eg.
/castsequence reset=target Mangle, Rake, Ferocious Bite, Mangle, Rake, Mangle

Use a Wow macro instead of a GSE one, i made a wow macro with same rotation like the following,
/castsequence reset=target Mangle(Cat Form), Rake, Ferocious Bite, Mangle(Cat Form), Rake, Mangle(Cat Form)

It seems to work as it was like in GSE itself, now i have combined a GSE macro with the wow macro and the ActionButton5 method, on my hotbar where you put your Spell and Abilities i have the wow macro in slot 5.

When i activate the GSE macro for like targeting enemies and putting you in Cat Form i have it spamming the Slot 5 wow macro and works for now even after teleporting and hearthing.

I’ll include the small rotation with the ActionButton5 in it for those who want to see it work. for those who want to use it and not using UI addon change the 5 in ActionButton5 to any other number depending where you put it in your hotbar.
Note: for it to work you will need to create your own wow macro in the Macros tab in the game menu and after creating it put the macro icon in you spell bar.

The small Rotation PVE:

dGeMeaWjsLQrbLkNcusZsbDliQDbkXVqkdduDmOAzqQNbrMgsvxJe12GaFdkvnosv6CcLwhPQ8osLY9ek6FQuDqf1cHqpeGjQqUiKyJGIpcLYijvXjjrwjPs6LKGzcLCtiODcYpjvvdfsAPQKEkvtfORkuyRKk(kPs8wvk3vLyVs)vOYGf5WQAXKYJvYKrIltSzKkFwbgns60k1RvOMTkUnG2nQ(TGHlKJlu1Yf1Zrz6uUojTDqP(oj05vK5df7hXfVGfcVomOCDgR4gHQhhGzW5cHUG1b)JWnw97dVp8(W7dVp8(W71NvnQHC9yWhZdkYjPzvJAixhBok6iz2oWles4WrqDu40fYlbqay0BV2(STPIyDe(RCGvWcHxW66859RDewbRRGmDvoYZKcwi860wpZys8QcFjK0TvaO2BxijW9ajR7mscg18uT6kitOMfgRGfcVon7Zdet4cWjs6gpq9ZaVCJI8uUui01PTEMrs34b6czG6dPlKeG3ijyczGfcP60wpZiPB8aZK)yuVqsOMdkEke91PTEMXK4vf(siPBRaqT3gYdmt(Jr9cjrsKuwyIft7ZdeJKijyK8Fijau)8ab7a8gjbtidewRvR(8Y2boRGfcVGfcVobdbJcYeQzHXiyiyke660wpZys8QcFjK0nMj)XOEHKIfoCL1nsIKijsklmXIjojrs4iqVkJ9djjU65uF0M9AhHs1Qdofj1Nx2oWRvi0fSq4fSq41jyiyuqMqnlmgbdbtHqxN26SxJjP5LTdCevnlWvUqivNGHGrbz6QCKNjemem1bNIK6ZlBh41Qdofj1XkeIQFvIK3ke66UjrWOYx2oWR7s8Qc32)PwT6kX1u3htNpVFTJWky9RB(a0vRUEKNs1Qdiau7TIyDW8Mpwm0vRoKSgxT6G5nFSy4vRoIYXQw9RB(a8QvRwT6y9mlgruEtOuhnC00dxz46fnCLXrhBDDr(XZQ5NvWA115Z7x7iScwRUhjlLgviC86G6hqHqco9WHxhHI9JE7lyDW)iCJvhWBpjbaRz3vcq9zvJAixhqayKQjlQ4XwhBok6iz2oWles4ii26i85Q)rjUjzylCBh4fX6Ju5dKaVq411JCIQJ1MpMKSajb(hHBms65uijSDMIOYi6kvZIy6JgnfvuryzVMqg2YMZGLvaiT1B)6mXaI868m2ErJoj)hKPKv3uqMsed5iylipqDtrQJcNUqEjacaJE712NTnveRd9aL6WGY1zSIBeQECaMbNR7rYsPrfchVoO(bui6HtpC41hj09QhRq41QvRfa

Wow Macro Window (Ignore the other icons as it is some tests and such, the selected one is the correct one):

Spell Bar Slot 5 with Wow Macro:

Hey all. I’ve just come across this problem with Mangle (bear) on my new Druid. I’m using this as a fix:

/use [form:1] Mangle(Bear Form);[form:3] Mangle(Cat Form)

Hope it helps!