WW monk BFA 8.1x

in raid dumy! ok

first you have to understand that macros will never do things flawlessly, that’s what bots do and bots get you banned.
speed could be a factor, try slowing the MS to 75 or whatever and see what happens. as when the macro tries to fire something it may not be off cd yet or GCD completed, jut watch your bars when running the macro you will see the icon light up as it tries to fire but is too early etc and the macro will just move on to the next thing. depending on how far you wish to zoom in with a microscope, haste could also be an issue as it affects the gcd, which could also cause more or fewer skips

Forgot that I was going to take a look at this to figure out why the damage was so low.

It’s casting blackout kick too frequently; it’s spamming it and dropping damage too significantly. Tried removing one of the kicks, and it kicked too little for some reason. Removed the reset all together because it seems like it’s becoming caught in a loop… so, I removed that and sequenced them (the two kicks) individually; removed the two and only kept one towards the end of the rotation (for a faster ms spam)… that worked better but not quite enough to make it competitive in damage.

I’ll keep playing with it.

Edit: also forgot that I added chi burst because that’s the new meta.
i suggest adding support for that as well.

How do I change the ms? i cant find it in the addon ?

Okey forgot my question I got it

[quote quote=68685]Forgot that I was going to take a look at this to figure out why the damage was so low.
It’s casting blackout kick too frequently; it’s spamming it and dropping damage too significantly. Tried removing one of the kicks, and it kicked too little for some reason. Removed the reset all together because it seems like it’s becoming caught in a loop… so, I removed that and sequenced them (the two kicks) individually; removed the two and only kept one towards the end of the rotation (for a faster ms spam)… that worked better but not quite enough to make it competitive in damage.
Edit: also forgot that I added chi burst because that’s the new meta. i suggest adding support for that as well.[/quote]

Abby what WW monk macro do you prefer atm?

[quote quote=68710]

-snip-

Abby what WW monk macro do you prefer atm?[/quote]

None as of now. When I do play Monk, I play manually.

Zelius posted a revised macro in Grant Schultz’s “PO-KO”; from what I’ve tested so far, that performed the best in a 5-minute run.

John’s macros are always very clean and I favor them when making my own adjustments, I just haven’t been playing Monk recently as I’m tied up with a DH and SP and therefore haven’t had a chance to “play” with any Monk macros.

[quote quote=68685]Forgot that I was going to take a look at this to figure out why the damage was so low.
Edit: also forgot that I added chi burst because that’s the new meta. i suggest adding support for that as well.[/quote]

interesting this as well as me dealing with a PM that had a twitch run of Heroic opulence, looking at that fight the user was getting 83%+ parse, comparing logs with top WW for that fight, the abilities were firing off comparably with Blackout kick firing somewhat less. that users main issue was gear az trait differences more than my macro. however im noticing many are changing the talents to suit what the meta tells them which is fine just the macro rotation has a specific talent set in mind. Im happy to sim the meta with what I prefer and see what come up and adjust the macro to suit. it will take time. im currently transitioning guilds (and servers) so my focus is now there for the time being as they dont need tanks i need to learn how to DPS again :P, once im settled ill go back and revise.

John Your macro is good only for single-target, Storm, Earth, and Fire ability that is double-tapped in the macro, this happens for a single target.
For various targets, something that your macro does not do is manually used. You need to squeeze manually since the clones attack various targets causing a strong damage in the area.
Your macro is automatically used several times in Storm, Earth, and Fire, resulting in focusing only on your primary target. This is only good for boss in single target, and it is unlikely to damage in area.