WW Monk GS Burst and Rotation 100% hit combo Serenity

This is the macro i use. It has near 100% up time on hit combo which is only broken when i get energy starved and have a ton of chi to spam BK. The talents i use that matter are chi wave, Energizing Elixir and Serenity.

Serenity is a lot more dps in all situations then WDP with Storm, earth and fire. its only weakness is it is short so you don’t want to get CC’ed with it triggered. all the top WW monks are using Serenity. if you want to read up on the weaknesses of SEF go to http://www.walkingthewind.com/

Chi wave is needed because it is an instant cast and provides an extra ability to keep hit combo up. eye of the tiger actually limits dps because to run into positions that you have to break hit combo or wait for energy for another tiger palm.

Energizing Elixir is not in the macro. i save it for when i get energy starved after the burst and during the long fights.

Hit combo gives the best dps boost so it is necessary unless you have a lot of targets.

SotWL, ToD, and FoF are all left out of the normal rotation macro because there are a lot of times when you want to delay them because your next burst is coming up soon. also FoF does not fire a lot because something is always grabbing chi before you get to 3. you always want to save ToD for just before you burst because of the artifact talent that adds 10% of damage. the only way to work FoF into the macro and still be effective is if you have the legendary that makes FoF cost 1 chi.

The burst has SCK in because it is free during Serenity and it does more damage the BK.

This is what my opener looks like.

1. Pop potion
  2. ToD
  3. Serenity
  4. spam burst macro until Serenity ends
  5. use rotation macro and manually use FoF and SotWL which will come up quick because of their reduced cool down of Serenity.
    6 Pop Energizing Elixir as soon as you get energy starved to keep the rotation going.
    7 if you have a lot of chi and no energy before Energizing Elixir or Serenity come back around spam BK until you have energy again to start the rotation macro.

if you are in a AOE situation switch targets a lot and build up 3 chi then use the burst macro because Spinning crane kick will be the first ability to pop.

I keep BK, ToD, Serenity, Energizing Elixir all on separate buttons and not in the macro because it is the only way to maximize DPS. feel free to add them in if you want to but ti will lower you dps.

Sequences['WWMonk'] = {
specID = 269,
author = "Shefu",
helpTxt = "Talents: 3,1/2/3,1,3,1,3,3",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm,dead]
]],
'/castsequence [combat, nochanneling] Tiger Palm, Whirling Dragon Punch',
'/castsequence [combat, nochanneling] Tiger Palm, Rising Sun Kick',
'/castsequence [combat, nochanneling] Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick',
'/castsequence [combat, nochanneling] Chi Wave, Rising Sun Kick',
'/castsequence [combat, nochanneling] Chi Wave, Blackout Kick',
'/castsequence [combat, nochanneling] Rising Sun Kick, Blackout Kick',
'/cast [combat, nochanneling] tiger palm',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

Sequences['WWBurst'] = {
specID = 269,
author = "Shefu",
helpTxt = "Talents: 3,1/2/3,1,3,1,3,3",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm,dead]
]],
'/castsequence [combat, nochanneling] Spinning Crane Kick, Touch Of Death',
'/castsequence [combat, nochanneling] Spinning Crane Kick, Strike of the Windlord',
'/castsequence [combat, nochanneling] Spinning Crane Kick, Rising Sun Kick',
'/castsequence [combat, nochanneling] Spinning Crane Kick, Fists of Fury',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

You say WDP is a dps loss in all situations but its in the macro and your top priority according to your macro?

Looks like very interesting 2 macro’s combo.
Just a question as already said WDP is in the rotation one? Must be a mistake.
Thanks! I want to try as soon as possible your macros cause in last 4 weeks im massively trying every different GS-E solutio without reaching what i want as DPS.

yes WDP is in there just in case someone runs that talent. It could be removed if you don’t run it. let me know how your test goes. i push over 300K/S in heroic EM. the key is not to miss the manual SotWL and FoF. i use tell me when to pop up when they are available. i also keep tiger alm on a button so i can build chi when FoF is off of cool down. this was not meant too be a one button macro. it just takes care of the normal stuff so you can take care of mechanics and of course you cant mess up the burst. i kkep the macros bound to mouse wheel up and down and i have a free flowing mouse wheel so i only need to flick it a few times a minute.

Good luck.

ToD is in the macro incase i miss it going into the burst. it happens sometimes because of the GCD keeping ToD from going off. in that case i let the macro trigger it but firing in before the burst is best.

How quick are you suggesting for the macro to be fired off?

The layout is good, you have put in your thoughts and reasons why but the one thing missing would be how fast to set the key presses :slight_smile:

i am not sure on macro fire speed. i have it set to keybind to mouse wheel up and down and my mouse wheel does not click so it is firing very fast. it does, however, skip things in the rotation sometimes. i would start at 45ms and see how that does. ideally you would want to match your global cool down as close as possible. that is modified by your haste so it is a hard target to hit. :slight_smile:

That’s fine :slight_smile:

I am a huge advocate for GCD timings, Monk and Enhance Shammys are the only 2 GCD locked classes in the game :slight_smile:

any updates to this? it worked fine but now some skills wont fire, gotta use them manualy, didnt have 4 days ago

it was working fine for me last night. i will see if i can get it to fail. usually skills don’t fire if you don’t have the resources. i made this macro to trigger a tiger palm to reset and macro lock up. that is why there is a single “/cast tiger palm” when everything else is a /castsequence. Macros that are all “/castsequence” do seem to lock up. what abilities are not firing? does it reset after one manual ability trigger or does it stop working? let me know.

Everything checks out and i did not have any hang ups again last night. i would clear the macro out of the sequences file and copy the macro back over.

Anyone using this with Razer Synapse ?
What milisecond are you running at ?

Will test at 0.045 and report back.

I have put both of these marcos into the file and neither even start off i hit button and i see the button being pressed on screen but nothing happens, i know that the program works cause all my other macros work. doesnt look like anything got screwed up in the conversion, any one else have the same problem

[quote quote=37021]I have put both of these marcos into the file and neither even start off i hit button and i see the button being pressed on screen but nothing happens, i know that the program works cause all my other macros work. doesnt look like anything got screwed up in the conversion, any one else have the same problem
[/quote]

try right clicking the first mob and then after that start the macro.
The [combat] conditional is stopping it from working.

When you linked the macro in Wow did the macro name show up in the code section on the macro. if it did not you have an issue with how it was put in the sequences file. make sure there is only one space between the macros i accidentally posed it with 2 spaces in the code. i don’t have the issue with the not in combat situation. when i trigger the macro it selects a target and goes.

If you do any editing in game with macros, you need to /reload in order to use the macro again. it’s an addon bug. If you are seeing that the macro doesn’t fire off, type /reload.