Gnome Sequencer

I have just found an addon called Gnome Sequencer and i have done some testing with older macros that use 0’s
im not that good with writing macros so i figured i would post here and see what you guys can come up with

here is a link to gnome sequencer GnomeSequencer : Action Bar Mods : World of Warcraft AddOns

and here is some info about it:

This is a small addon that allows you create a sequence of macros to be executed at the push of a button.

Like a /castsequence macro, it cycles through a series of commands when the button is pushed. However, unlike castsequence, it uses macro text for the commands instead of spells, and it advances every time the button is pushed instead of stopping when it can’t cast something.

This means if a spell is on cooldown and you push the button it will continue to the next item in the list with each press until it reaches the end and starts over.

When you first install the addon you will need to rename “DemoSequences.lua” to “Sequences.lua” and open the file in a text editor to add your own sequences.

Here is a short example of the format used to create a sequence…

Lua Code:
Sequences['BubbleHearth'] = { -- Macro Name: BubbleHearth
    '/cast divine shield', -- macro 1
    '/cast hearthstone', -- macro 2
}

This creates an entry for “BubbleHearth” in the Sequences table and defines 2 macros to cycle through for it.

Once you’ve saved the file and loaded the game, all you have to do is open your macros using /macro and create one with the same name (eg. BubbleHearth) and drag it onto your action bar, the addon will do the rest.

There is no UI for this, so hopefully these instructions are comprehensive enough.

the macro that i have created to test for an arms warrior, so far is it seams to do well.

Sequences['Warrior'] = { -- Macro Name: Warrior Test
'/cast Piercing Howl',
'/cast Victory Rush',
'/cast Slam',
'/cast Sweeping Strike',
'/cast Mortal Strike',
'/cast Colossus Smash',
'/cast Hamstring',
'/cast !Colossus Smash',
'/cast [combat] Berserker Rage',
'/cast [combat] Bloodbath',
'/cast Charge',
'/cast [combat] Recklessness',
'/startattack',

this macro was made from this old 5.4 macro here: ARMS – 5.4 [ Pure Ownage!... ] - Patch 5.0+ - WoW Lazy Macros
thanks to Chris for coming up with it in the first place

let me know what you guys think and i look forward to seeing what the masters can come up with

This is pretty neat. I was actually thinking recently of how you would do exactly this in lua… At any rate here is some prot pally sequences that will make you a boss:

Sequences['ProtAOE'] = { 
	'/cast Hammer of the Righteous',
	'/cast Judgement',	
	"/cast Avenger's Shield",
	'/cast Consecration',	
	'/cast Holy Wrath',	
	'/cast Holy Prism',	
	'/cast Shield of the Righteous',
	'/cast Sacred Shield',	
}
Sequences['ProtST'] = { 
	'/cast Crusader Strike',
	'/cast Judgement',	
	"/cast Avenger's Shield",
	'/cast Hammer of Wrath',	
	'/cast Consecration',	
	'/cast Holy Wrath',	
	'/cast Holy Prism',	
	'/cast Shield of the Righteous',
	'/cast Sacred Shield',
}

My Fury Gnome Sequencer.
!! It’s a must to use it on a 50ms key, otherwise some stuff wont fire!!

Sequences['Fury'] = { 
	'/cast Raging Blow',
	'/cast Stormbolt',
	'/cast Bloodbath',	
	'/cast Blood Fury',
	'/cast Berserker Rage',	
	'/cast Bloodthirst',	
	'/cast Wild Strike',	
	}

I agree with the 50ms comment Xodia. But I’ve found 150ms to be better for me. There is a lot of gaming mice or keyboards that come with macro software that let you program repeatable key presses or you could use something like AutoHotKey to do a quick script that will keep pressing a button every 50ms something like this:

$NumPad4::
Loop 
{
        if not GetKeyState("NumPad4", "P")
	      break
	else	
	{
              SendInput {NumPad4}
              Sleep 150
        }
}
Return

Anyway here is my bear macros!

Sequences['BearST'] = {
	'/cast Wild Charge',
	'/cast Mangle',
	'/cast Thrash',
	'/cast Lacerate',
	"/cast !Faerie Fire",
	'/cast Maul',
	'/cast Savage Defense',
	'/cast !Barkskin',
	'/use 13',
	'/use 14',  
}
Sequences['BearAOE'] = {
	'/cast Wild Charge',
	'/cast Thrash',
	'/cast Mangle',
	'/cast !Berserk',
	"/cast !Faerie Fire",
	'/cast Maul',
	'/cast Savage Defense',
	'/cast !Barkskin',
	'/use 13',
	'/use 14',
}

Can someone post an example of what their sequences.lua file looks like after they’ve edited it and added their own macros. much appreciated. the example stuff inside is confusing at first, don’t know what I can remove and where to put my own stuff

Just do a copy/paste of these codes we posted at the bottom of the file after the last } symbol (the next line) and modify as you need.
Dont forget to rename the file from DemoSequences.lua to Sequences.lua
Load the game (after you saved the file!) and when you are ingame go on macro tab, create a new macro with the exact (caps sensitive) name you called the sequence on the sequences.lua, drag the macro on the actionbar and you are done

currently if i have more than 2 macros in the sequences.lua file wow will freeze/not respond. if i remove the third macro the game will load again. i do not know what is triggering the problem

Ye happens here too.

Updated to fix the lockups.

Wow, seems to be a nice addon. Gonna test it.

Btw, I never got the idea behind that “!” mark in front of a spell in a macro (like this “/cast !Barkskin”). What’s the purpose of it?

Cheers!

The ! will cast the spell only if it is not already active. So it’s helpful for things like channeling or buffs that will fall off after a short time.

Just want to say a quick “Thank you” for posting the link to this.

I have a hand tremor (nerve damage) that makes accurate typing difficult if it needs to be done quickly. Castsequence 0,0,0, macros were one way that I could still play and enjoy Warcraft despite my situation. When Blizzard removed them I thought my days playing the game were over. Annoying, as I have just paid six months subs! :slight_smile:

Although this addon has no UI etc. it is relatively easy to use and understand and has enabled me to play the game in a semi competitive manner once again. While no macro like this is ever going to beat a skilled player I am more than happy to perform at 80-90% as it enables me to take part in raids just like anyone else.

Lets hope that Blizzard in their zeal don’t ban this too. I cannot help but think their time might be better spent banning the many bots in the game… (20+ toon “bot train” in AV and IoC last night is still fresh in my mind, but Blizzard say it is “too difficult” to detect bot programs).

Many thanks.

think youve just made me a very happy bunny again, cant wait to try this out. really miss the 5.4 macro style
many thanks

[quote quote=17709]I have just found an addon called Gnome Sequencer and i have done some testing with older macros that use 0’s
im not that good with writing macros so i figured i would post here and see what you guys can come up with

here is a link to gnome sequencer http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info23234-r1.html#info

and here is some info about it:

This is a small addon that allows you create a sequence of macros to be executed at the push of a button.

Like a /castsequence macro, it cycles through a series of commands when the button is pushed. However, unlike castsequence, it uses macro text for the commands instead of spells, and it advances every time the button is pushed instead of stopping when it can’t cast something.

This means if a spell is on cooldown and you push the button it will continue to the next item in the list with each press until it reaches the end and starts over.

When you first install the addon you will need to rename “DemoSequences.lua” to “Sequences.lua” and open the file in a text editor to add your own sequences.

Here is a short example of the format used to create a sequence…

Lua Code:
Sequences['BubbleHearth'] = { -- Macro Name: BubbleHearth
    '/cast divine shield', -- macro 1
    '/cast hearthstone', -- macro 2
}

This creates an entry for “BubbleHearth” in the Sequences table and defines 2 macros to cycle through for it.

Once you’ve saved the file and loaded the game, all you have to do is open your macros using /macro and create one with the same name (eg. BubbleHearth) and drag it onto your action bar, the addon will do the rest.

There is no UI for this, so hopefully these instructions are comprehensive enough.

the macro that i have created to test for an arms warrior, so far is it seams to do well.

Sequences['Warrior'] = { -- Macro Name: Warrior Test
'/cast Piercing Howl',
'/cast Victory Rush',
'/cast Slam',
'/cast Sweeping Strike',
'/cast Mortal Strike',
'/cast Colossus Smash',
'/cast Hamstring',
'/cast !Colossus Smash',
'/cast [combat] Berserker Rage',
'/cast [combat] Bloodbath',
'/cast Charge',
'/cast [combat] Recklessness',
'/startattack',

this macro was made from this old 5.4 macro here: https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/arms-5-4-pure-ownage/
thanks to Chris for coming up with it in the first place

let me know what you guys think and i look forward to seeing what the masters can come up with
[/quote]

anyone able to make a sequence for a bm hunter much appreciated

Sorry to be so stupid

1.) I have downloaded the addon made the Sequences.lua file
2.) I copied and pasted a macro from forum into the above file but how do i see it in game in my macro box ? please help would like to try this out
local _, Sequences = … – Don’t touch this

Sequences[‘Marks’] = {
‘/cast A Murder of Crows’,
‘/cast Chimaera Shot’,
‘/cast Kill Shot’,
‘/cast Glaive Toss’,
‘/cast Aimed Shot’,
‘/cast Steady Shot’,
‘/cast Rapid Fire’,
‘/startattack’,
}
Sequences[‘Marks AoE’] = {
‘/cast Chimaera Shot’,
‘/cast Kill Shot’,
‘/cast Glaive Toss’,
‘/cast Multi Shot’,
‘/cast Steady Shot’,
‘/cast Rapid Fire’,
‘/startattack’,
}

Create a macro that has the title Marks and then create one with the title Marks AoE.

I also wanted to say thank you. This reminds me of the old days. Here are a few:

Sequences[‘Rogue’] = {
‘/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Stealth’,
‘/cast Ambush’,
‘/cast Kidney Shot’,
‘/cast Revealing Strike’,
‘/cast Eviscerate’,
‘/cast Adrenaline Rush’,
‘/cast Killing Spree’,
‘/cast Sinister Strike’,
‘/startattack’
}

Sequences[‘Twohands’] = {
‘/cast Charge’,
‘/cast Execute’,
‘/cast Storm Bolt’,
‘/cast Raging Blow’,
‘/cast Berserker Rage’,
‘/cast Wild Strike’,
‘/cast Bloodthirst’,
‘/startattack’
}

Sequences[‘One’] = {
‘/cast Charge’,
‘/cast !Execute’,
‘/cast Storm Bolt’,
‘/cast Impending Victory’,
‘/cast Slam’,
‘/cast Execute’,
‘/cast Mortal Strike’,
‘/cast Colossus Smash’,
‘/cast Hamstring’,
‘/cast Berserker Rage’,
‘/cast Recklessness’,
‘/startattack’
}

Sequences[‘Marks’] = {
‘/petattack [@target,harm]’,
‘/cast Aimed Shot’,
‘/cast Chimaera Shot’,
‘/cast Steady Shot’,
‘/cast !Kill Shot’,
‘/startattack’
}

Sequences[‘Marks2’] = {
‘/cast Chimaera Shot’,
‘/cast Kill Shot’,
‘/cast Glaive Toss’,
‘/cast Aimed Shot’,
‘/cast Steady Shot’,
‘/cast Rapid Fire’,
‘/startattack’,
}

Sequences[‘Marks AoE’] = {
‘/cast Chimaera Shot’,
‘/cast Kill Shot’,
‘/cast Glaive Toss’,
‘/cast Multi-Shot’,
‘/cast Steady Shot’,
‘/cast Rapid Fire’,
‘/startattack’,
}

Sequences[‘Death’] = {
‘/cast Obliterate’,
‘/cast Howling Blast’,
‘/cast Plague Strike’,
‘/cast Soul Reaper’,
‘/cast Obliterate’,
‘/cast Frost Strike’,
‘/cast [combat] Pillar of Frost’,
‘/cast [combat] Anti-Magic Shell’,
‘/cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon’,
‘/cast [combat] Remorseless Winter’,
‘/startattack’,
}

Two hands is for fury and one is for Arms. Death is my frost DK. Killer in pve or pvp. Feel free to add or delete anything I put in there. Props to the hunter creator.

Jeremy

Edit: Forgot SS in combat rogue script.

Could somebody make a step by step video from downloading the file to actually having the macro in game as I am still confused.
This is what is in my Sequences.lua
local _, Sequences = … – Don’t touch this

Sequences[‘Marks’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
‘/cast Chimaera Shot’,
‘/cast Kill Shot’,
‘/cast Glaive Toss’,
‘/cast Aimed Shot’,
‘/cast Steady Shot’,
‘/cast Rapid Fire’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack [@target,harm][]
]],
}
Now how do i save it on my macro box so i can use it in game
I went in game opened up macro named it Marks added the text to it and all it did was put it out in chat

Just a thought is this a standalone addon or is it dependent on another addon ?