My BM Gnome Macro

I’ve been playing mostly Survival since Xpac launched so haven’t really been using these kinds of macros on my main. I primarily use them on my DK for tanking. But since Ive gotten the T17 gear on my Hunter I’ve been itching to make a macro for BM to use on fights where mobility is high and Focusing Shot is too much of a burden. So i gathered a bunch of mastery offspec pieces and went with BM for fights like Heroic Maidens in BRF where you cant really stand still long enough to use Focusing Shot effectively.

That being said, after trying a lot of the macros I found on this site none of them did quite what i wanted. so I made a Frankenstein version of what I had seen and came up with my own. and it seems to do all the things i need it to do without much fuss…

My current ilvl is 684…
My Talents are: 3,1,2,1,3,3,3
My glyphs are the standard fare for raiding: Deterrence, Animal Bond, pathfinding (none of them really effect dps, so just go with w/e)

My macro is as follows:

Sequences['BMST'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/petattack [@target,harm]
/cast [nochanneling]blood fury
/cast [nochanneling]bestial wrath
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
]],
    [[/castsequence [nochanneling]!kill command, Cobra Shot,cobra shot,arcane shot]],
    [[/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=60 !focus fire,barrage]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

would love it if some of you would try it out and let me know what you think and maybe suggest some optimizations.

I use a simple stopcast macro for kill shot:

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast kill shot

a simple AutoHotkey script that will spam a button when you hold it down. this will effect buttons 1-9. and you can use your pause button on your keyboard (usually next to scroll lock) and it will pause the script so that you can use the 1-9 keys as normal (just press pause again to continue using the script).

Pause::
Suspend
Pause,,1
return

$1::
While GetKeyState("1","p"){
Send 1
Sleep 20
}
return

$2::
While GetKeyState("2","p"){
Send 2
Sleep 20
}
return
$3::
While GetKeyState("3","p"){
Send 3
Sleep 20
}
return
$4::
While GetKeyState("4","p"){
Send 4
Sleep 20
}
return
$5::
While GetKeyState("5","p"){
Send 5
Sleep 20
}
return
$6::
While GetKeyState("6","p"){
Send 6
Sleep 20
}
return
$7::
While GetKeyState("7","p"){
Send 7
Sleep 20
}
return
$8::
While GetKeyState("8","p"){
Send 8
Sleep 20
}
return
$9::
While GetKeyState("9","p"){
Send 9
Sleep 20
}
return

Changed my macro a bit and my talents…

Item Level: 681
Talents: 3,1,2,2,3,3,3
used it on Heroic Gruul to test it single target and i finished the fight a little over 36k

Sequences['BMST'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
    [[/castsequence [nochanneling]!kill command, Cobra Shot,cobra shot,arcane shot]],
    [[/castsequence [nochanneling]Focus Fire,barrage]],
    [[/cast [nochanneling]Stampede]],
    [[/cast [nochanneling]Dire Beast]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

enjoy

Very nice macro for single boss target :slight_smile:

Im i676 and with your macro i have done 35.1K on grull hm

Do you have a different for multi target boss like Blast Furnace, thogar etc?
Need use steady shot not dire beast and multi shot with macro for this boss

Thank you :wink:

[quote quote=23483]Very nice macro for single boss target :)
Im i676 and with your macro i have done 35.1K on grull hm
Do you have a different for multi target boss like Blast Furnace, thogar etc? Need use steady shot not dire beast and multi shot with macro for this boss
Thank you ;)
[/quote]

I only really play BM on a couple of fights where focusing shot is too much of a pain to use so really haven’t made any other macros for it yet. I play Survival on almost all fights but Maidens. If i were going to make a multi-shot version I probably wouldn’t want it going off as much as arcane cuz it would end up starving the the macro. so it would probably look something like [[/castsequence [nochanneling]!kill command, Cobra Shot,cobra shot,multi-shot,kill command,cobra shot,cobra shot]], that way you would only get the multi-shot every other main rotation. I would have to test it before i swore on that though. I’ll look in to it when i get a chance…

you could probably even get rid of the second kill command since in multi target encounters i believe multi-shot/cleave takes a slightly higher priority than kill command. but again I would need to test it.

I would be really interested in the AOE one also let me know what you come up with

Try this for AoE

Sequences['BMST'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
    '/castsequence [nochanneling]!Multi-shot, Cobra Shot,cobra shot,Kill Command',
    '/castsequence [nochanneling]Focus Fire,barrage',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
]],
}

[quote] My current ilvl is 675… My Talents are: 3,1,2,1,1,3,3 My glyphs are the standard fare for raiding: Deterrence, Animal Bond, pathfinding (none of them really effect dps, so just go with w/e)
My macro is as follows:

Sequences['BMST'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
    [[/castsequence [nochanneling]!kill command, Cobra Shot,cobra shot]],
    [[/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=60 !A murder of crows,barrage,barrage,barrage]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

as a side note: I handle arcane/multi-shot separately that way i only use them when i have an excess of focus and am not starving the macro. same goes for Kill Shot and Focus Fire.
would love it if some of you would try it out and let me know what you think and maybe suggest some optimizations.
[/quote]

Why do you not have kill shot or arcane shot in there?

@cmbates2009 I use a stop cast macro for kill shot and arcane shot is in the 2nd macro I posted… sorry for the confusion. maybe i can edit the original post to avoid that in the future.

Wow, Lempo dude, this is such an amazing GS macro for BM. I’ve made some minor modifications on this and I’m pushing around 27k sustained dps on garrison dummy with no buffs (just pet buffs, of course) and 672ilvl. Really, this one made me reach next level with my hunter (last one I was using I could barely do 23k on dummy). Here’s what I have right now:

Sequences['BMST'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
    [[/cast [nochanneling]A Murder of Crows]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

I’m not sure if it’s good to put a Kill Shot (there are some points in a fight that you are so absorbed by the mechanics that you can forget to use that skill) on post macro section for this one, but I’ll give it a try.

[quote quote=23705]Wow, Lempo dude, this is such an amazing GS macro for BM. I’ve made some minor modifications on this and I’m pushing around 27k sustained dps on garrison dummy with no buffs (just pet buffs, of course) and 672ilvl. Really, this one made me reach next level with my hunter (last one I was using I could barely do 23k on dummy). Here’s what I have right now:

Sequences['BMST'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
    [[/cast [nochanneling]A Murder of Crows]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

I’m not sure if it’s good to put a Kill Shot (there are some points in a fight that you are so absorbed by the mechanics that you can forget to use that skill) on post macro section for this one, but I’ll give it a try.
[/quote]

awesome man, glad it’s working for you. I’ve changed mine up a bit also and will post the changes soon. once ive worked out all the kinks. I’ll give yours a ahot too, looks pretty solid.

so I separated AMOC and barrage and use barrage to limit my arcane shots in an attempt to use more multi-shots for beast cleave. I still handle multi-shot and focus fire separately because i feel multi-shot is highly situational and focus fire should be used with 5 charges ALWAYS. I’ve also been using Thrill of the hunt as well to try and mitigate the focus cost of multi-shot when bestial wrath is not active. my feelings on that are still mixed, i still kinda feel like dire beast is a better choice for single target as it also adds a small amount of dps… but that’s neither here nor there. So ive been testing this macro on BRF heroic fights where there are consistently more than one target (Maidens, Beastlord, Thogar, Hans/franz, furnace… you get the picture) and so far it’s best thing i’ve come up with next to managing the entire rotation manually, and ain’t nobody got time for that.

So here are the macros i currently use for single target and for 2+ targets

Single Target:

Sequences['BMST'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/cast [nochanneling][combat]blood fury
/cast [nochanneling][combat]bestial wrath
]],
    [[/cast [nochanneling]!A Murder of Crows]],
    [[/castsequence [nochanneling]!barrage]],
    [[/castsequence [nochanneling]!Dire Beast]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

2+ Targets:

Sequences['BMST2'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
    [[/castsequence [nochanneling]arcane shot,barrage,arcane shot,barrage,arcane shot,barrage]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

neither of these are for purely AOE btw

My current ilvl is 689 I generally get about 36-42k on single targets like Gruul depending on how many times i get frozen. and easily 50k+ on fights with lots of adds like thogar and beastlord… hope someone finds these helpful

[quote quote=23410]a simple AutoHotkey script that will spam a button when you hold it down. this will effect buttons 1-9. and you can use your pause button on your keyboard (usually next to scroll lock) and it will pause the script so that you can use the 1-9 keys as normal (just press pause again to continue using the script).

Suspend
Pause,,1
return

Send 1

How to use that? Just copy/paste in GS? Gives an error mesg......

Sorry for silly question but how do you get this to work? Copy and paste in GS? Gives me an error msg.......

Sleep 20
}
return

Send 2
Sleep 20
}
return
Send 3
Sleep 20
}
return
Send 4
Sleep 20
}
return
Send 5
Sleep 20
}
return
Send 6
Sleep 20
}
return
Send 7
Sleep 20
}
return
Send 8
Sleep 20
}
return
Send 9
Sleep 20
}
return
[/quote]

[quote quote=23804]

a simple AutoHotkey script that will spam a button when you hold it down. this will effect buttons 1-9. and you can use your pause button on your keyboard (usually next to scroll lock) and it will pause the script so that you can use the 1-9 keys as normal (just press pause again to continue using the script).

Suspend
Pause,,1
return

Send 1
Sorry for silly question but how do you get this to work? Copy and paste in GS? Gives me an error msg.......

Sleep 20
}
return

Send 2
Sleep 20
}
return
Send 3
Sleep 20
}
return
Send 4
Sleep 20
}
return
Send 5
Sleep 20
}
return
Send 6
Sleep 20
}
return
Send 7
Sleep 20
}
return
Send 8
Sleep 20
}
return
Send 9
Sleep 20
}
return
```<div class="d4p-bbt-quote-block"><a href="#23410" rel="nofollow">Quote</a></div></blockquote><div class="d4p-bbt-quote-block"><a href="#23804" rel="nofollow">Quote</a></div>[/quote]

@Dainius thats a script for use with Autohotkey. it’s a separate program you can download at http://www.autohotkey.com/ . all it does is let you hold down a key rather than push it over and over

[quote quote=23798]so I separated AMOC and barrage and use barrage to limit my arcane shots in an attempt to use more multi-shots for beast cleave. I still handle multi-shot and focus fire separately because i feel multi-shot is highly situational and focus fire should be used with 5 charges ALWAYS. I’ve also been using Thrill of the hunt as well to try and mitigate the focus cost of multi-shot when bestial wrath is not active. my feelings on that are still mixed, i still kinda feel like dire beast is a better choice for single target as it also adds a small amount of dps… but that’s neither here nor there. So ive been testing this macro on BRF heroic fights where there are consistently more than one target (Maidens, Beastlord, Thogar, Hans/franz, furnace… you get the picture) and so far it’s best thing i’ve come up with next to managing the entire rotation manually, and ain’t nobody got time for that.
Single Target:

Sequences['BMST'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}
```2+ Targets:

Sequences[‘BMST2’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
[[/castsequence [nochanneling]arcane shot,barrage,arcane shot,barrage,arcane shot,barrage]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

My current ilvl is 689 I generally get about 36-42k on single targets like Gruul depending on how many times i get frozen. and easily 50k+ on fights with lots of adds like thogar and beastlord.. hope someone finds these helpful
<div class="d4p-bbt-quote-block"><a href="#23798" rel="nofollow">Quote</a></div>[/quote]

What are the talents you use for this? Because you posted that you use Stampede in earlier build but this one has AMOC. But I love your macros!!!

[quote quote=23819]

so I separated AMOC and barrage and use barrage to limit my arcane shots in an attempt to use more multi-shots for beast cleave. I still handle multi-shot and focus fire separately because i feel multi-shot is highly situational and focus fire should be used with 5 charges ALWAYS. I’ve also been using Thrill of the hunt as well to try and mitigate the focus cost of multi-shot when bestial wrath is not active. my feelings on that are still mixed, i still kinda feel like dire beast is a better choice for single target as it also adds a small amount of dps… but that’s neither here nor there. So ive been testing this macro on BRF heroic fights where there are consistently more than one target (Maidens, Beastlord, Thogar, Hans/franz, furnace… you get the picture) and so far it’s best thing i’ve come up with next to managing the entire rotation manually, and ain’t nobody got time for that. So here are the macros i currently use for single target and for 2+ targets Single Target:

Sequences['BMST'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

2+ Targets:

Sequences['BMST2'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

neither of these are for purely AOE btw My current ilvl is 689 I generally get about 36-42k on single targets like Gruul depending on how many times i get frozen. and easily 50k+ on fights with lots of adds like thogar and beastlord… hope someone finds these helpful

What are the talents you use for this? Because you posted that you use Stampede in earlier build but this one has AMOC. But I love your macros!!!
[/quote]

yeah, i swap talents based on the encounter and I’ve been trying AMOC on different fights lately. I like the flexibility that AMOC offers and i think if you add up the times it resets on fights that have adds it probably parses ahead of Stampede for that reason. the truth is the two are so close anyway, that using them just boils down to preference. Stampede is still better for short fights because of its super high burst, or on fights where you have to burst at certain times. but I’ve been experimenting with the focus regen talents and AMOC/Stampede talents so much lately it’s kind of hard to declare a default. and I’m glad you’re finding the macros useful =P

[quote quote=23798]so I separated AMOC and barrage and use barrage to limit my arcane shots in an attempt to use more multi-shots for beast cleave. I still handle multi-shot and focus fire separately because i feel multi-shot is highly situational and focus fire should be used with 5 charges ALWAYS. I’ve also been using Thrill of the hunt as well to try and mitigate the focus cost of multi-shot when bestial wrath is not active. my feelings on that are still mixed, i still kinda feel like dire beast is a better choice for single target as it also adds a small amount of dps… but that’s neither here nor there. So ive been testing this macro on BRF heroic fights where there are consistently more than one target (Maidens, Beastlord, Thogar, Hans/franz, furnace… you get the picture) and so far it’s best thing i’ve come up with next to managing the entire rotation manually, and ain’t nobody got time for that.
Single Target:

Sequences['BMST'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

2+ Targets:

Sequences['BMST2'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

neither of these are for purely AOE btw
My current ilvl is 689 I generally get about 36-42k on single targets like Gruul depending on how many times i get frozen. and easily 50k+ on fights with lots of adds like thogar and beastlord… hope someone finds these helpful

[/quote]

This is really good macro Lempo! I did change some things just because of my talent choice and added Kill Shot and it works great! It looks like this and hope you don’t mind me sharing?

Sequences[‘BMST’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
[[/cast [nochanneling]!Stampede]],
[[/castsequence [nochanneling]!Kill Shot]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

[quote quote=23874]

so I separated AMOC and barrage and use barrage to limit my arcane shots in an attempt to use more multi-shots for beast cleave. I still handle multi-shot and focus fire separately because i feel multi-shot is highly situational and focus fire should be used with 5 charges ALWAYS. I’ve also been using Thrill of the hunt as well to try and mitigate the focus cost of multi-shot when bestial wrath is not active. my feelings on that are still mixed, i still kinda feel like dire beast is a better choice for single target as it also adds a small amount of dps… but that’s neither here nor there. So ive been testing this macro on BRF heroic fights where there are consistently more than one target (Maidens, Beastlord, Thogar, Hans/franz, furnace… you get the picture) and so far it’s best thing i’ve come up with next to managing the entire rotation manually, and ain’t nobody got time for that. So here are the macros i currently use for single target and for 2+ targets Single Target:

Sequences['BMST'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}
```2+ Targets:

Sequences[‘BMST2’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

<div class="d4p-bbt-quote-block"><a href="#23798" rel="nofollow">Quote</a></div></blockquote>This is really good macro Lempo! I did change some things just because of my talent choice and added Kill Shot and it works great! It looks like this and hope you don’t mind me sharing?
Sequences[‘BMST’] = { PreMacro = [[ /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /petattack [@target,harm] /cast [nochanneling][combat]blood fury /cast [nochanneling][combat]bestial wrath /console Sound_EnableSFX 0 ]], [[/cast [nochanneling]!Stampede]], [[/castsequence [nochanneling]!kill command, Cobra Shot,cobra shot,arcane shot]], [[/castsequence [nochanneling]!barrage]], [[/castsequence [nochanneling]!Dire Beast]], [[/castsequence [nochanneling]!Kill Shot]], PostMacro = [[ /startattack /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear() /console Sound_EnableSFX 1 ]], }
<div class="d4p-bbt-quote-block"><a href="#23874" rel="nofollow">Quote</a></div>[/quote]

not at all .. and glad you found them useful

Blizzard does not allow any automation. While you maybe able to get away with it with a gaming keyboard, actually having it in a GS is just ask to get caught and to get your account banned. I am also afraid that if too many players use it, Blizzard may disable the GS addon and frankly I would hate to see that happen as I really love this addon.