Prot Pally Tanking 6.0.3 - Gnome Sequencer - With Guide

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi man
First thx for the macro! Im wondering what spec/glyphs you are using?

Would you mind explaining exactly what the stepfunction is doing for the macro?

Sorry it has been a few days since I stopped in here. The macro is working great for me still, I even use it in raids. The only time i’ve had any kind of issue is with the 3rd boss of Skyreach, timing is off on SotR to prevent pierced armor because it is auto cast. However I think this is a blizz issue as for Guardian tanks, they have a 100% uptime active midigation because pulverize counts, which I think we should have with sacred shield.

[quote quote=19421]Hi man
First thx for the macro! Im wondering what spec/glyphs you are using?[/quote]

Talents are 3,1,3,1,2,1,3
Glyphs are divine protection, consecrator and alabaster shield

So, without the step function, it casts everything in order one at a time, all the way through. So 1 then 2 then 3 then 4, etc.

With the Step function, it always goes back to check the previous steps to see if they are off cooldown in order or priority. So 1, then 1, 2, then 1,2,3 then 1,2,3,4. This ensures that the first things listed are always given cast priority. The only downside it, you need to spam faster to be extra effecient. It would work without the step function, but survivability and DPS would take a hit.

Ok reaally lost here how does this thing work ? You edit the Sequences.lua file ? WHere ? Do you delete everything in there and copy/paste these macros ? In game you only press the macro button once and let it run through ?

This is what’s in my file, taken frmo here

local _, Sequences = 
 – Don’t touch this

Sequences[‘ProtAoE’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
limit = limit % #macros + 1
step = 1
else
step = step % #macros + 1
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
'/castsequence reset=20 Sacred Shield,Hammer of the Righteous,Hammer of the Righteous,Hammer of the

Righteous,Hammer of the Righteous,Hammer of the Righteous’,
‘/cast Judgment’,
‘/cast Consecration’,
‘/cast Holy Wrath’,
“/cast Avenger’s Shield”,
‘/cast [@player] Holy Prism’,
‘/cast Hammer of Wrath’,
‘/cast Consecration’,
PostMacro = [[
/cast Shield of the Righteous
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

[quote quote=19569]Ok reaally lost here how does this thing work ? You edit the Sequences.lua file ? WHere ? Do you delete everything in there and copy/paste these macros ? In game you only press the macro button once and let it run through ?

This is what’s in my file, taken frmo here

local _, Sequences = 
 — Don’t touch this

Sequences[‘ProtAoE’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/castsequence reset=20 Sacred Shield,Hammer of the Righteous,Hammer of the Righteous,Hammer of the

Righteous,Hammer of the Righteous,Hammer of the Righteous’,
‘/cast Judgment’,
‘/cast Consecration’,
‘/cast Holy Wrath’,
“/cast Avenger’s Shield”,
‘/cast [@player] Holy Prism’,
‘/cast Hammer of Wrath’,
‘/cast Consecration’,
PostMacro = [[
/cast Shield of the Righteous
/startattack
]],
}

[/quote]

That is correct for an AOE version. Create a macro ingame with the same name as the one in the file, in this case, ProtAOE, and then put it on a hotkey. Spam hotkey
 profit.

Update

Sequences['Prot'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/tar iron cannoneer
]],
	'/castsequence Sacred Shield,Judgment,Judgment,Judgment,Judgment',
	'/cast [nomod] Crusader Strike',
	'/cast [mod] Hammer of the Righteous',	
	'/cast Holy Wrath',
	'/cast [@player]Holy Prism',
	"/cast Avenger's Shield",
	'/cast Hammer of Wrath',
	'/cast Consecration',
PostMacro = [[
/castsequence reset=30 Seraphim,Shield of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous
/cast Divine Protection
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

I changed the T7 talent to seraphim, it greatly inceases threat, dps, and above all, survivability. In testing I took about 15% less damage with this talent, saving the healers a lot of mana. You will want to precast SS and pop 1 guardians when you first pull as that first 5 HP takes a sec to get up. After that, you are golden. Enjoy pissing off the DPS you pwn.

Dan liking the effort you are putting into this macro, beastly work. try this see what you think its yours just tweaked some
talents: 3.1.3.2.2.1.2

Sequences['PTank'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast Ardent Defender
]],
	'/cast !Guardian of Ancient Kings',
	[[/cast Avenger's Shield]],
	'/cast Consecration',
	'/cast [nomod] Hammer of the Righteous',
	'/cast [mod:shift] Crusader Strike',
	'/cast Holy Wrath',
	'/cast Hammer of Wrath',
	'/cast !Ardent Defender',
	'/castsequence reset=30 Divine Protection',
PostMacro = [[
/castsequence reset=target/30 Seraphim,Shield of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous
/startattack
]],
}

OK another question when spec Prot/Ret do you make 2 sequences files ? What do you name them ? Of put everything in the same file and the name of the macro activates only that specific part of the sequence ?

all one sequence file just seperate each macro with a line of -----------------
like this

}
-----
Sequences['PTank'] = {

then

}
-----
Sequences['Ret'] = {

you get what im sayin?

[quote quote=19617]all one sequence file just seperate each macro with a line of —————–
like this

}
-----
Sequences['PTank'] = {

then

}
-----
Sequences['Ret'] = {

you get what im sayin?
[/quote]

yep :smiley:

[quote quote=19608]Dan liking the effort you are putting into this macro, beastly work. try this see what you think its yours just tweaked some
talents: 3.1.3.2.2.1.2

Sequences['PTank'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast Ardent Defender
]],
	'/cast !Guardian of Ancient Kings',
	[[/cast Avenger's Shield]],
	'/cast Consecration',
	'/cast [nomod] Hammer of the Righteous',
	'/cast [mod:shift] Crusader Strike',
	'/cast Holy Wrath',
	'/cast Hammer of Wrath',
	'/cast !Ardent Defender',
	'/castsequence reset=30 Divine Protection',
PostMacro = [[
/castsequence reset=target/30 Seraphim,Shield of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous
/startattack
]],
}

[/quote]

I took a look at your macro, first, the 3min CDs are off GCD and will be used during raids to midigate at specific times, so those should be left on their own hotkeys rather than built in.

With that in mind, I took out the 3min CDs from the macro, and moved divine protection to the post macro (resets in the main don’t work anyway, it will just cast when off CD) and ran it for a 2x 2min tests against my macro with the same talent change you suggested.

The talent change I will be keeping. However, while the midigation on your macro and my macro were nearly identical, my macro averaged about .5k DPS higher because of the priority order. Below is the new macro I suggest using, with the talent change to unbreakable spirit.

Updated macro. Talent build 3,1,3,2,2,1,2 glyphs Divine protection, Alabaster Shield, Consecrator.

Sequences['Prot'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast Holy Wrath',
	'/cast Hammer of Wrath',
	'/cast Consecration',
PostMacro = [[
/castsequence reset=25 Seraphim,Shield of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous
/cast Divine Protection
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

only reason i moved it out of DP out of post macro is it was not casting enough for my liking and i guess the rest of the roataion is personal preference i like my aoes down first so that way i have initial threat to save the healer from a face roll its an old school thing. and the 3min gcd’s u could always mod key in so that way there was no buttons to be having to click and the only other thing is also preference i do more questing then dungeons while i build gear so i prefer HoR over crusader just cause i dont do the whole 1v1 thing when questing i stack um and pack um 619 ilvl i hold bout 7k single target and it sky rockets the more you have on you. the other talent you can try instead of sanctified wrath was the 3rd talent as it gives u a free sotr or multiple free sotr
theres a thought try adding a sotr into the main rotation as a sarted if u use the thrid talent
i may have to try that but based on what you have here and the few changes i made i think its just about flawless. i cant really think of anything to add change or redo and i do agree with the glyph choices

test my theory or i can and lets see if we can beast mode this baby a lil more

the other thing i have noticed is that “/cast Avenger’s Shield”, doesnt always fire with the "s vs the [[ method

could do a designated mod key:shift or whatever for the HoR and do a another
/castsequence mod:(whatever) reset=180 AD,GotAK

maybe save you 2 extra buttons to mash on when needed on boss pulls like i said when i go i go big so those 2 at the start save my hide till the rest my buffs and debuffs kick in but each his own

Hi there,

I’m a french player so my apology for crap english :frowning:

I have some trouble with the sequence.

When i run this sequence, just some spell seems work, Sacred Shield, Judgment, Avenger’s Shield, Hammer of Wrath, Shield of the Righteous and Divine protection.

Crusader Strike, Hammer of the Righteous, Holy Wrath, Holy Prism and Consecration does not work

Anyone can tell me why ?

Thank a lot.

(Merci to the author of this sequence)

Sequences['Tank'] = { StepFunction = [[ limit = limit or 1 if step == limit then limit = limit % #macros + 1 step = 1 else step = step % #macros + 1 end ]], PreMacro = [[ /console Sound_EnableSFX 0 /targetenemy [noharm][dead] ]], '/castsequence Bouclier saint, Jugement, Jugement, Jugement, Jugement', '/cast [nomod] Frappe du croisé', '/cast [mod] Marteau du vertueux', '/cast ColÚre divine', '/cast [@player] Prisme sacré', "/cast Bouclier du vengeur", '/cast Marteau de courroux', '/cast Consécration', PostMacro = [[ /castsequence reset=25 Bouclier du vertueux, Bouclier du vertueux, Bouclier du vertueux /cast Protection Divine /startattack /use [combat]13 /use [combat]14 /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide(); /console Sound_EnableSFX 1 ]], }

[quote quote=19719]Hi there,

I’m a french player so my apology for crap english :-(

I have some trouble with the sequence.

When i run this sequence, just some spell seems work, Sacred Shield, Judgment, Avenger’s Shield, Hammer of Wrath, Shield of the Righteous and Divine protection.

Crusader Strike, Hammer of the Righteous, Holy Wrath, Holy Prism and Consecration does not work

Anyone can tell me why ?

Thank a lot.

(Merci to the author of this sequence)

Sequences[‘Tank’] = { StepFunction = [[ limit = limit or 1 if step == limit then limit = limit % #macros + 1 step = 1 else step = step % #macros + 1 end ]], PreMacro = [[ /console Sound_EnableSFX 0 /targetenemy [noharm][dead] ]], ‘/castsequence Bouclier saint, Jugement, Jugement, Jugement, Jugement’, ‘/cast [nomod] Frappe du croisé’, ‘/cast [mod] Marteau du vertueux’, ‘/cast ColĂšre divine’, ‘/cast [@player] Prisme sacré’, “/cast Bouclier du vengeur”, ‘/cast Marteau de courroux’, ‘/cast ConsĂ©cration’, PostMacro = [[ /castsequence reset=25 Bouclier du vertueux, Bouclier du vertueux, Bouclier du vertueux /cast Protection Divine /startattack /use [combat]13 /use [combat]14 /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide(); /console Sound_EnableSFX 1 ]], }
[/quote]

Try putting all of the spells that use accent characters in [[]] rather than ‘’, the reason Avenger’s Shield is in “” instead of “” is because of the ’ before the s in avengers.

This is the current macro build for prot tanking, i’m averaging 15-16k DPS over the course of a heroic dungeon. Below this is a DPS prot pally build that averages 21k+ DPS over the course of a heroic dungeon and requires only one talent change. It will out DPS most ret paladins out there. Remember to use the noxxic gear priorities, Mastery FTW.

Sequences['Prot'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast Holy Wrath',
	'/cast Hammer of Wrath',
	'/cast Consecration',
PostMacro = [[
/castsequence reset=25 Seraphim,Shield of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous
/cast Divine Protection
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}
Sequences['Pdps'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast Judgment',
	'/cast Holy Wrath',
	'/cast Execution Sentence',
	'/cast Hammer of Wrath',
	'/cast Consecration',
PostMacro = [[
/cast Divine Protection
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

I’ll try it soon, merci Daniel Johnson.

Daniel, I used yours and followed your talent tree but i cant seem to tank strong with this. I have a ret setup that works great but on this it doesnt seem to control well
 You able to show a video of how you do it?

[quote quote=19748]This is the current macro build for prot tanking, i’m averaging 15-16k DPS over the course of a heroic dungeon. Below this is a DPS prot pally build that averages 21k+ DPS over the course of a heroic dungeon and requires only one talent change. It will out DPS most ret paladins out there. Remember to use the noxxic gear priorities, Mastery FTW.

Sequences['Prot'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast Holy Wrath',
	'/cast Hammer of Wrath',
	'/cast Consecration',
PostMacro = [[
/cast Divine Protection
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}
Sequences['Pdps'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast Judgment',
	'/cast Holy Wrath',
	'/cast Execution Sentence',
	'/cast Hammer of Wrath',
	'/cast Consecration',
PostMacro = [[
/cast Divine Protection
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

[/quote]