Prot Pally Tanking 6.0.3 - Gnome Sequencer - With Guide

Would you guys mind posting talents? :slight_smile: Thanks to all you guys who share your work. <3

siz are you stacking mastery and versatility? also i helps to lead with your shield and go straight into your aoe rotation for a min or so then u can go single target and hold threat or stay in aoe and be stronger. i have found that my macro which is aoe based holds threat far easier then single target. msg me or daniel im sure he can help you out further if not i can and will

[quote quote=19801]Daniel, I used yours and followed your talent tree but i cant seem to tank strong with this. I have a ret setup that works great but on this it doesnt seem to control wellā€¦ You able to show a video of how you do it?
[/quote]

Make sure you are precasting Sacred Shield

How I use it is very simple, I will pick the most dangerous target and single in on it. If there are 3 or more enemies, I hold, alt, if not I donā€™t. The only thing alt changes is CS/HotR. Your other abilities should be more than enough to hold aggro without thinking about it.

Some of it may be how you are handling mechanics, interrupt EVERYTHING. You will learn where they need to be saved. Stun every CD, it saves health. I was 2nd in DPS on my butcher raid tonight and told I was a lot easier to heal than the warrior I was with as well.

If you are taking too much damage at the start, pop a shieldtronic shield or a CD until you can get serph rolling. If you donā€™t have enough mastery/BA then you may have to stay with running holy shield for a while.

Current relevant stats are
1756 Mastery w/Might
412 Bonus Armor
593 crit
470 versatility

Priority is Bonus Armor>Mastery>Crit>>>>Everything else,
Iā€™m ilv 636

So i have Sac Shield as 1

Prot seq is 2

Pdps is 3

Consercration is 4.

What CDā€™s should i put ( i sorta cleaned my bars when i went to use this ) Sorry if this sound noobish lol

Also any way i can add a seal cast to this so i know i have the right one on.

Thank you

Sizn

in the pre macro section add /cast seal of truth,nul or whatever seal u want
and u want ardent defender and guradin of ancient kings on yur bar loh and the oh shit bubble(THIS WILL DROP THREAT)

[quote quote=19748]This is the current macro build for prot tanking, iā€™m averaging 15-16k DPS over the course of a heroic dungeon. Below this is a DPS prot pally build that averages 21k+ DPS over the course of a heroic dungeon and requires only one talent change. It will out DPS most ret paladins out there. Remember to use the noxxic gear priorities, Mastery FTW.

Sequences['Prot'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
	'/castsequence Sacred Shield,Judgment,Judgment,Judgment,Judgment',
	'/cast [nomod] Crusader Strike',
	'/cast [mod] Hammer of the Righteous',	
	'/cast Holy Wrath',
	'/cast [@player]Holy Prism',
	"/cast Avenger's Shield",
	'/cast Hammer of Wrath',
	'/cast Consecration',
PostMacro = [[
/castsequence reset=25 Seraphim,Shield of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous
/cast Divine Protection
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}
Sequences['Pdps'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast Judgment',
	'/cast Holy Wrath',
	'/cast Execution Sentence',
	'/cast Hammer of Wrath',
	'/cast Consecration',
PostMacro = [[
/castsequence reset=25 Seraphim,Shield of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous
/cast Divine Protection
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

[/quote]
This one works pretty good, but Sacred Shield and Shield of the Righteous never goes off themselves, any ideas?

Daniel,

I think you said in an earlier post to use the noxxic stat priorities, but it lists stam, str and versatility above mastery. The post Iā€™m quoting seems to contradict noxxicā€™s pref. Do you prefer your own stat priority (BA>mast>crit>>all) or do you still recommend noxxic? If you prefer your own, do you have a weight scale for it?

Another question, Iā€™m using your most current [Prot] macro and, while it works great, Iā€™m full on Holy Power throughout. It feels like being a warrior with no rage dump or a dk with no runic dumpā€¦ a lot of potential wasted. What do you do with your Holy Power?

Otherwise, this is the best set of macros and best thread here in a long time. Glad you started posting and would love to see your thoughts on other classes or pvp.

Jenna try this out i added 2 addiditonal line of code and now if anything i cant keep enough holy power but my dps and threat is much higher

Sequences['Prot'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast !Seraphim',
	'/cast Holy Wrath',
	'/cast Shield of the Righteous',
        '/cast Hammer of Wrath',
	'/cast Consecration',
PostMacro = [[
/cast Divine Protection
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],

Iā€™m a lvl 91 prot pally. I dont have seraphim right now.
How can I use your last updated macros without a seraphim cast in it.
Should I use the ones on first page. But I really want divine protection in it.
And I think only your last updated macros have it inside.

Hello timucin,

i had the same problem. I just deleted the cast in the postmacro castsequence (ā€œSeraphim,ā€)and commented out the !Seraphim cast (ā€“/cast Seraphim).

If i understand this correctly, not having Seraphim actually makes the last castsequence obsolete, but my way worked for me, so i just left it like that.

Hope this helps.

With regards to the sequence i had another question:

Is it possible to change the sequence in such a way, that Avengers Shield gets a higher ā€œprioā€ when Grand Crusader procs? Because, in case of such a proc, i feel like it should have the highest prio of all Holy power building abilities (as long as the buff is active).

mike in the main cast box the one under premacro add a line [[/cast Avengerā€™s Shield]],

that would be above the sacred shield/judgment castsequence

THanks Fuzzy,

so, like this?:

Sequences['Prot'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
[[/cast Avengerā€™s Shield]],
	'/cast !Seraphim',
	'/cast Holy Wrath',
        '/cast Hammer of Wrath',
	'/cast Consecration',
PostMacro = [[
/cast Divine Protection
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],

Would that make the sequence realize when the Proc ā€œGrand Crusaderā€ fires? Because i would like to give Avengerā€™s Shield top prio only if that proc is active.

yes becuase you used the step function its going to go like AS>postmacro 12postmacro 123post and so forth. gs is still a little buggy as it doesnt always go back to the begining of the macro after each fight so not sure just yet how to code that in to do so but im sure there is a way

The only thing I can think of is you may have forgotten to cast a seal, that would break both of those things as judgment would never fire.

STR and STA are both very important, however, you will most likely still always choose the highest ilv item you can get your hands on, with very little exception. That will provide more than enough str and sta, there is no reason to specifically gear for it.

Iā€™ve actually switched to using the gear weights on Ask Mr. Robot as they are based on Theckā€™s work on paladins, and he is by far the leading expert on paladins.

Because of the way Gnome Sequencer works, it isnā€™t really a true priority system. However, with or without GS, AS has the same priority as per Theck. This is backed up by his testing and a whole lot more that I wonā€™t go into detail with here. Check out sacredduty.net for his blog and a ton of paladin tanking info. This macro is basically his research implimented into a macro as closely as possible given the limitations of Gnome Sequencer.

This may not be reflected in the current macro I have posted here, my macro/talents/etc change a lot based on testing and which raid fight iā€™m currently on. Right now iā€™m swapping between a Seraphim macro and an HS macro based on the boss fight. I also made some talent and glyph changes which made a huge difference in DPS and effective health (ability to tank)

I will post my current version when I get home from work later today.

[quote quote=19945]mike in the main cast box the one under premacro add a line [[/cast Avengerā€™s Shield]],
that would be above the sacred shield/judgment castsequence
[/quote]

While that will raise the priority of AS, it isnā€™t the best idea if you are trying to get the best DPS/Tanking ability possible as it will also prioritize non-proc AS, lowering your HoPo generation significantly.

this is what i currently use no threat issues found yet doesnt hang up and im pretty please with it

Sequences['PTank'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
	[[/cast Avenger's Shield]],
	'/cast Consecration',
	'/cast Hammer of the Righteous',
	'/cast !Seraphim',
	'/cast Holy Wrath',
	'/cast Hammer of Wrath',
	'/castsequence reset=30 Divine Protection',
	'/castsequence [mod:shift] reset=180 Guardian of Ancient Kings,Ardent Defender',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/castsequence reset=30 Seraphim,Shield of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous
]],
}

Are these commands necessary if you turn off the error speech in the sound options?

Going to re-install GS and copy/paste Fuzzyā€™s text using Notepad++ when I get off work. I have tried numerous codes and canā€™t get them to work. I even knew how to make simple code back in the day, so this has been frustrating to say the least.

Is it possible to erase everything in the Sequences.lua except the first line and just paste in Fuzzyā€™s code?

Thanks so much for the great macrosā€¦ My question though, There are almost 6 pages in this thread with different macroā€™s posted now. Which should we be using? I did pick up seraphim at lvl 100.

My understanding from looking around at GS posts is that the reset= command does nothing. So, ā€˜/castsequence reset=30 Divine Protectionā€™, is read the same as ā€˜/cast Divine Protectionā€™, and will just be tried in turn as any other action. If itā€™s up, it casts; if itā€™s still on CD, GS simply moves to the next command. Can anyone confirm this?