XoDonZis Fire Mage Rotation - UPDATED 3/19/24

The problem with /stopcasting is that it doesn’t work for those of us who hold down a button to run the macro; for me, it’s thumb forward on my Logi G502X. Perhaps at lower speeds it might have time to pop off the flamestrike or pyro, but at 50ms its too fast and cancels itself.

what i do when there are multiple macro is the main one set to M5 and the second one is Shift+M5. So in this scenario I would just hold M5 (set to repeat while holding) until 35%, then hold shift+M5 and it would pop off the other macro instead. Ive never had good luck with putting other macros on a mod inside a macro

you’d likely use a stopcasting macro for pyro as well. same situational use as flamestrike

sure it does. I use a logitech mouse that auto runs and when i put any stopcast spell on the action bar it stops the macro and cast the stopcast macro then when your done pressing it . the main macro should resume. likewise you can also set up a macro with /m for something simple and assign it to the mod like this

/click [mod:alt/shift] othermacro and that should cast the specific separate macro you made. This actually the though process behind breaking up the mage macro

yes, typically i have both of those on my action bars anyways. for flamestrike i have a stop action plus cast at the cursor so i dont have to click with the mouse and turn off the macro loosing dps with that little exchange. same but without the @cursor for the pyroblast.

Ah i know what it was. You can only use it for the instant proc pyro or flamestrike. You cannot use the stop casting macro to hardcast either because it constantly stops itself. For this reason, I turn off SKB and take Unleashed Inferno instead.

1 Like

@XoDonZi
i have a question regarding this you made. Will it not cast Fireball everytime? i mean you dont have anything that will trigger Scorch or am i understanding this wrong?

No that is correct. Scorch can be cast on movement but not fireball. So this specific line addresses the times you are running around a raid or m+. You will still bring damage. I have scorch separate in the main rotation to cast when stationary.

Fantastic, did not know this work.
This is giving me alot of ideas for other macros :grinning:
Best regards

going to give this a try when i’m geared, can’t wait to see the end result with multiple macros :slight_smile: keep up the good work dude!