UPDATED [03/21/19] DV8 Hacov DH (Mythic raiding & M+)

** UPDATE 03/21/19** v2.1

**A quick update to the final version to improve Blade Dance usage. Please redownload this version for a DPS improvement!

I’ve created a new thread, because for whatever reason, I can no longer log into my main account (I’ve clearly forgotten my login details :()

Below is an updated version of my Havoc DH macro specifically for M+ and Mythic raiding.

My Azerite choices are based around the top performing traits which can be found here.

Trinket selection for 8.1 can also be found here. That said, as always, I would highly suggest using Raidbots, SimC, and the AMR in-game addon to export your caracters gear to sim for yourself what best setup works for you in terms of gear combinations, gems, enchants, etc.

I still use Eye Beam, Chaos Nova, and Fel Eruption on modifiers. They are, in my opinion, too highly situation to be used automatically in the main macro sequence.

As usual, let me know how you guys go with this version. It’s working extremely well for me, so I hope it does for all of you! Happing WoWing!

dee8eaakPu0PKssVskPAwKQULQ0Uqb9lszyOOoMswMc9muKPPQ6AsLABKu9nvHXHkNdkRtQshefyHQIEOusmrvfxukPSruOgjjLtIsALsv8sPu1mrHCtPe7KedfLYsrjEkIPckBvQOZkLcVvrDxfzVedw0HLSyq1JHmzfCzGnJs1NLIrdvNMsVwQKzdYTrv7w43inCPQoUuQSCL65umDvUojz7Qk9DPcNNuz9sP0(PAzjWeLLq(0j3llmG1pIYOatiQbG6dzJUec(D9n9QP1bTdOQT64l0MAyiIYRXoDRI3OD0(wK24lZyVlS3HVCV4fI(9Da)Lx3HBrV7YoyJMxEnHaRGaXzeYIP144A5j5QyO2dEcRGaXzecduD40Tq(0jNqAPcvfeRXb2FbXzPH8uiQbG6lKxp)0j37h1EvR(srE(DKHlpzNU9KLYoyJgpRyWZw0DwuR79WQNBvHNhU14jFH2upRZtMyM34zh2d3tEDEYs1wW2td48uvFg694986jBBGX4jdyempzNU9S10b88jO49EE9KTnWy8KGBz)8SnBdQkprv4znm4zh41b(c2EwWTq2tNNh1Zd3A881tw9uLb4jJbqE(S27Qb4zfdE2k4f14Pc9B1Qc5dG9sf0jklHq6dqS(ru6(XdHWkIgcriTuOnTtW2yPHrGjklbMOSeIgQmNNZbfHxraGSrJEeLhEDtEU44(XWeLrHOHkZ55Cqr4veaiB0m55y3CyJmlkmjenuzopNdkcVIaazJg9ikp86M8CXX9JHjk)crdvMZZ5GIWRiaq2OzYZL6JpW(fLUfIgQmNNZbfHxraGSrJEeLhEDtEU44(XWef1fIgQmNb0ovGab8CoOi8kcaKnA0JO8WRBYZL6JpW(175IJ7hdtuEienuzopNdkcVIaazJg9ikp86M8CXX9JHjkCcrdvMZZ5GIWRiaq2OzYZL6JJ)mjkycrdvMZZ5GIWRiaq2OrpIYdVUjpxCC)yyIYIzHOHkZzaTtfiqapNdkcVIaazJMjpxQp(a7xVNloUFmmrzTeIgQmNNZbfHxraGSrJEeLhEDtEU44(XWecJO0(mYYBpHie2OMRLcTPcm5eIAGAqGlefaQlbUqEcGobUqyXgnlbUqGTTrxGBjpfs7b6ybabkdqGjNqihOpJvfOZsdHW22s32tNqGTTrxGBuEkK2d0X2gymcmrzjeTR2nGdeaEDEohu8AZpnpaQHjrzuiAOYCEoZth6TGo9bfHxraGSrZKNlmoMxmjkmjenuzopN5Pd9AWTSFtEYyaKNpR9UAaIYVq0qL58CMNo0l62qtEUEGXC3pKtiSTbTuOnvGjNqyXgnJcC5Kto5ebaUsage Information

• DV8-DH-Havoc v2.1 for Raiding and Mytic+
    I run this macro at 30ms with my Razer set up.

• Press ALT for Eye Beam

• Press Shift (You can add whatever ability to this - I use Fel Barrage and Chaos Nova)

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.04.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Priority

KeyPress: Chaos Nova, Eye Beam

Main Sequence: Immolation Aura, Blade Dance, Demon’s Bite, Chaos Strike

Great work as always, The best DemonHunter macro on the website.

2 Likes

Best DH macro out there - thanks for your work! Any thoughts about using Fel Eruption in your macro?

1 Like

I need to run more sims because I don’t use it in my M+ set up, I prefer to use Chaos Nova with the reduced cooldown. However, I will run some sims today and play around with it and report back to you guys.

1 Like

RESERVED

Abby wrote: Pretty significant DPS increase. No point to run Unleased Power because IF there are adds, they die too fast to Chaos Nova and therefore it’s a waste. I do roughly 3-4K more damage in boss encounters with Fel Eruption than without it.

thats definetly not true.

despite the fact u will loose a global cooldown for even more important abilities, all reliable sims show that its even more a weak decrease than an increase of ur dps.

therefore it should not be a part in ur rotation macro so far

I have to agree with Abby here - I swapped over and I definitely do more dps with it. Keep in mind we’re talking boss fights. I’m sure AoE and whatever does better with Nova but my AoE is strong enough - I’m looking for more single target dps and this definitely helps there.

its wrong, you wont get any improvement

look at this log

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/2FfqxU6XvrAFP8Bt8xBoPQ

Can you please make a Youtube vid of how to set up MS? I can not figure it out and I also use a razer set up.

[quote quote=68603]

Abby wrote: Pretty significant DPS increase. No point to run Unleased Power because IF there are adds, they die too fast to Chaos Nova and therefore it’s a waste. I do roughly 3-4K more damage in boss encounters with Fel Eruption than without it.

thats definetly not true. despite the fact u will loose a global cooldown for even more important abilities, all reliable sims show that its even more a weak decrease than an increase of ur dps.
Here’s a modified version of the above posted macro which I have included Fel Eruption into the rotation.
therefore it should not be a part in ur rotation macro so far[/quote]

Wrong.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/21#class=DemonHunter&spec=Havoc

Every Demon Hunter that specced Unleased Power in encounters that Fel Eruption is favored performed significantly less. There is only ONE encounter where Unleased Power performed higher; Grong, which is understandable because there is persistent moving and a lower rate of fury regeneration throughout the entire fight.

Lastly, your “log” is of a player that was placed on add duty the entirety of method’s progression, not boss fights, which his DPS supports and can be confirmed through WL.

I rarely post here, but this is just … well bad advice.

Fel Eruption is only a DPS increase in 2 situations. When you are out of melee range, it does very slightly more damage than throw glaive. When you are spec’d into Demon Blades as a filler when you have nothing else to hit and have only a single target (in multi target situations master of the glaive is better) or do not want the slow from MotG.

It does less damage than demon’s bite, and it uses fury instead of generating it. Using it in a standard rotation, when in melee range, is 100% a dps loss over not even picking a talent.

About those logs you linked. Don’t just look at talent selection and numbers, look at ability usage. They are not using fel eruption on CD, or in place of demon’s bite. They are using it for the stun, not the damage. Often they aren’t even using it at all, just have the talent selected because for the specific fight it’s a dead row, as in it does not matter because with their build none of the talents are a dps increase.

In short, correlation does not equal causation in regards to the Fel Eruption talent, and DPS.

All encounters except one, Opulence.

“It does less damage than demon’s bite” duh. You’re casting Demon’s Bite on average 80 times per encounter in a raid scenario. Also, you don’t pair it (Fel Eruption) as a standalone, you pair it to dump fury OR with eye-beam (assuming you’re traited for the max fury regen).

No one said that you’re using Fel Eruption on CD or in place of Demon’s Bite. Why would you even think to replace Demon’s bite in general, lol? You’re just adding substance to support a distorted argument. Additionally, you are using it for the damage. You’re using it for the damage and the stun to either control adds, or if you’re on add control to keep a little bit of damage on the boss. It gives you an extension of range to DPS out of an area unreachable by other melee.

show me a log where it is used often enough to matter. because the logs you linked? the top logs, from the world top players. Are using it for CC not for damage. Meaning it is not a damage increase outside of the specific situations i outlined above, which are edge cases and rare.

“All encounters except one, Opulence.”

This is just plain wrong. Look at the logs you linked and show me where the usage is a DPS increase outside of recovering from mistakes.

“You’re casting Demon’s Bite on average 80 times per encounter in a raid scenario. Also, you don’t pair it (Fel Eruption) as a standalone, you pair it to dump fury OR with eye-beam (assuming you’re traited for the max fury regen).”

If you have enough fury to dump you dump with chaos strike. End of story. Anything else is a waste of a GCD. Again this is outside of the situations outlined above. Demon’s bite does more damage, and if you have enough fury to dump Chaos Strike is a better dump.

“No one said that you’re using Fel Eruption on CD or in place of Demon’s Bite.”

Havoc is a GCD locked class Meaning if you are hitting Fel Eruption you are replacing something else with it outside of the conditions i outlined in the original response. Specifically with a Demon blade’s build or at range under very specific conditions.

“Additionally, you are using it for the damage.”

Demon’s Bite does more damage per gcd, you are not using it for damage outside of the conditions outlined in my previous post … again.

“You’re using it for the damage and the stun to either control adds, or if you’re on add control to keep a little bit of damage on the boss.”

Yes, you use it for CC, but not for damage. It’s damage is inconsequential.

“It gives you an extension of range to DPS out of an area unreachable by other melee.”

Yes, this is true, as i outlined in my previous post. It gives you a ranged attack (thus no wasted GCD), that is better ST than throw glaive.

“You’re just adding substance to support a distorted argument.”

No, i am trying to correct your bad advice. Fel Eruption is a DPS increase ONLY under the following conditions. 1 + (2 or 3)

You do not need a ST stun in the next 30 seconds.

AND one of the following

1 - You are out of melee range vs a single target.

OR

2 - You are using Demon Blades, as it frees GCDs to use. Even in this case it is very low priority damage.

Any other usage is a DPS loss.

Lastly.

No i’m using your presented data (the warcraft logs link) and showing that you need to look deeper than just what talents people have selected but how they actually use those talents. As i suggested originally, check the usage of Fel Eruption on those logs. The usage is low enough that any DPS variance is better accounted for via other factors than via Fel Eruption’s usage.

Maybe if your argument had some data to support itself instead of your assertions that you are correct it might hold water. As is, it’s a leaky ship in a storm held afloat by the fact that that talent row has little to no DPS impact on it’s own in the first place.

1 Like

thanks for not feelin alone here

Sometimes it bugs up… Any solution other than /reload?

Thank you, I love the macro!

[quote quote=68694]show me a log where it is used often enough to matter. because the logs you linked? the top logs, from the world top players. Are using it for CC not for damage. Meaning it is not a damage increase outside of the specific situations i outlined above, which are edge cases and rare.
“All encounters except one, Opulence.”
This is just plain wrong. Look at the logs you linked and show me where the usage is a DPS increase outside of recovering from mistakes.
“You’re casting Demon’s Bite on average 80 times per encounter in a raid scenario. Also, you don’t pair it (Fel Eruption) as a standalone, you pair it to dump fury OR with eye-beam (assuming you’re traited for the max fury regen).”
If you have enough fury to dump you dump with chaos strike. End of story. Anything else is a waste of a GCD. Again this is outside of the situations outlined above. Demon’s bite does more damage, and if you have enough fury to dump Chaos Strike is a better dump.
“No one said that you’re using Fel Eruption on CD or in place of Demon’s Bite.”
Havoc is a GCD locked class Meaning if you are hitting Fel Eruption you are replacing something else with it outside of the conditions i outlined in the original response. Specifically with a Demon blade’s build or at range under very specific conditions.
“Additionally, you are using it for the damage.”
Demon’s Bite does more damage per gcd, you are not using it for damage outside of the conditions outlined in my previous post …. again.
“You’re using it for the damage and the stun to either control adds, or if you’re on add control to keep a little bit of damage on the boss.”
Yes, you use it for CC, but not for damage. It’s damage is inconsequential.
“It gives you an extension of range to DPS out of an area unreachable by other melee.”
Yes, this is true, as i outlined in my previous post. It gives you a ranged attack (thus no wasted GCD), that is better ST than throw glaive.
No, i am trying to correct your bad advice. Fel Eruption is a DPS increase ONLY under the following conditions. 1 + (2 or 3)
You do not need a ST stun in the next 30 seconds.
AND one of the following
1 – You are out of melee range vs a single target.
OR
2 – You are using Demon Blades, as it frees GCDs to use. Even in this case it is very low priority damage.
Any other usage is a DPS loss.
Lastly.
No i’m using your presented data (the warcraft logs link) and showing that you need to look deeper than just what talents people have selected but how they actually use those talents. As i suggested originally, check the usage of Fel Eruption on those logs. The usage is low enough that any DPS variance is better accounted for via other factors than via Fel Eruption’s usage.
Maybe if your argument had some data to support itself instead of your assertions that you are correct it might hold water. As is, it’s a leaky ship in a storm held afloat by the fact that that talent row has little to no DPS impact on it’s own in the first place.[/quote]

What a nice wall of text and no substance.

I don’t need to spoon-feed heroic progression players, lmao. I provide the direct links, you can do the research yourself. You can see the damage discrepancies in utilizing FE over not using it/talenting it, it is, well, in the number that says… DPS, lol.

1 Like

if it’s so easy, it should be that easy to link one log. Instead you just want to keep blowing hot air. You made the claim, the burden of proof is on you.

Can you explain how it bugs up?

Can you tell me when it happens and what you’re doing when this happens? I need a little more to go on other than just “bugs up” :smiley:

[quote quote=68752]

Sometimes it bugs up… Any solution other than /reload?

Can you explain how it bugs up? Can you tell me when it happens and what you’re doing when this happens? I need a little more to go on other than just “bugs up” ?[/quote] It locks up, firing at 30ms and at times it locks up. Trying to cast but nothing happens. Ive got to /reload for it to work properly again.

EDIT: This was an “invalid target” bug that several people have had problems with.
Quick fix, hover over a piece of gear you got equipped and click ALT. That fixed it for me.
Source: World of Warcraft Forums