7.1.5 "Tricky" MM 1,3,1,3,1,3,2

So Spitz provided me with a different way of thinking on the Shaman forum (Thanks again). The macro below runs on key#2, and Marked Shot is on key #1 on my G910 keyboard. Marked shot fires anytime it’s available, if not available it jumps to #2 where the macro fires. I’ve since edited and removed the .2 second delay from the script, as it’s covered by a 200ms delay under the toggle option.

G910

I took a look at my MM Hunter and, barring having to switch talents between every fight raiding, I came up with this single target centric with some AoE added to it for when the need arises.
iLvL on my hunter is 874, with legendary Zervims Hunger (Ring) and War Belt of the Sentinel Army (Belt) equipped.

In LFR on Skorpyron last night boss fight was pulling 470-500k dps, depending on how many adds were around the boss to catch the trick shots, multi-shots, and marked shots, plus procs from the Eye of Skovald and Unstable Horrorslime.

Take a look and tell me what you think. Constructive feedback is welcome. Thanks.

Sequences['Tricky'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.0.14.
  Author="Ronburgandie@Arygos",
  SpecID=254,
  Talents = "1313133",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = [[Sequential]],
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [combat,nochanneling] Trueshot",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [combat] [nochanneling] Multi-Shot",
        "/cast [combat] [nochanneling] Windburst",
        "/cast [combat] [nochanneling] Trueshot",
        "/cast [combat] [nochanneling] Windburst",
        "/cast [combat] [nochanneling] Aimed Shot",
        "/cast [combat] [nochanneling] Arcane Shot",
        "/cast [combat] [nochanneling] Aimed Shot",
        "/castsequence [combat] [nochanneling] Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

I moved Winbdburst down, from initially being the first cast so it may have a chance to take advantage of vulnerable. Before moving windburst it had zero crit % after 3 min of testing, after moving it lower in the list I was getting 50%-75% crit rate.

I’m not understanding why most macros have [combat] or [nochanneling] or both preceeding the command. If there’s a viable reason let me know.
Thanks.

Edited 2/25/17: Added [combat] [nochanneling] modifiers to the sequences, removed Murder of Crows.

Hmm would not import to GSEnhanced.

[quote quote=44803]I’m not understanding why most macros have [combat] or [nochanneling] or both preceeding the command. If there’s a viable reason let me know.
Thanks.[/quote]

The [combat] prevents the ability from running if you’re not in combat. Great for things with big cooldowns that you don’t want to waste by accidentally clicking a button or something.

[nochanneling] is good for not clipping abilities that channel or long cast time. For a hunter, it would prevent you from interrupting stuff like barrage or aimed shot, because it would notice they are still casting, so not fire another ability yet.

So if I only want Aimed Shot to fire when Lock n Load is up then not adding [nochanneling] would be the way to go, since Lock n Load makes it an instant cast?

[quote quote=44813]Hmm would not import to GSEnhanced.
[/quote]
What version of GSE are you on?

I just imported it to my work laptop just fine.

@Parrot
I have the exact same keyboard and I tried using your method for marked shot on a macro I am working on. And marked shot fires once and that is it.
I set up the keys the same way and same timings.

[quote quote=44871]@Parrot I have the exact same keyboard and I tried using your method for marked shot on a macro I am working on. And marked shot fires once and that is it. I set up the keys the same way and same timings.
[/quote]

That’s odd, because I’m using the same method on my shaman for Stormstrike and it fires whenever avail, and marked shot works on my hunter as expected.

Did you remove the 200 ms delay from the script and let the keyboard manage the delay?

Yes, I set it up with the 200 on toggle.

I might be missing something but I see you have “Volley” in your PreMacro and “A Murder of Crows” in your sequences.

[quote quote=44900]I might be missing something but I see you have “Volley” in your PreMacro and “A Murder of Crows” in your sequences.
[/quote]

[edit] It was a hold-over from previous tests. You can remove it or leave it in. Try your own test dummy runs with Volley vs Murder, see which works best for you.[/edit]

Another edit…
Nice thing about leaving it in, if a raid becomes situational you only need to swap a talent point instead of looking for a different macro

Parrot,

Thanks for posting this. I just got the War Belt and tried out your macro. A couple of changes I tried you may want to consider.

I dropped the premacro since volley is something most people click on before pulling the boss(and it toggled it off in my case). I also dropped the AMOC line.

The macro runs very smoothly, and cd’s are getting hit right away. Unfortunately, I was seeing a bit lower numbers than an old sidewinders build. I may play around with the sequence itself to see if I can get better numbers out of it.

Btw, the Spitz tweak is brilliant and works very well here. I would recommend changing the logitech setting to “while pressed” instead of toggle. Blizz is clear about things that run without a human holding a button down.

I just had some additional tweaks last night before raid, and it really helped my numbers. I’ll post it momentarily

[placeholder for newer version of Tricky]

[quote quote=45166]I just had some additional tweaks last night before raid, and it really helped my numbers. I’ll post it momentarily
[placeholder for newer version of Tricky]
[/quote]
Where is the new version?

[quote quote=45418]

I just had some additional tweaks last night before raid, and it really helped my numbers. I’ll post it momentarily [placeholder for newer version of Tricky]

Where is the new version? [/quote]

I’ll post it tonight before raid in it’s own thread, it uses Piercing Shot and volley, rather than trick shot. On Botanist last night I was around 680k, and Skorpyon around 1.1 million (ish)

Cant wait, keep up the great work

[quote quote=45432]

I just had some additional tweaks last night before raid, and it really helped my numbers. I’ll post it momentarily [placeholder for newer version of Tricky]

Where is the new version?
I’ll post it tonight before raid in it’s own thread, it uses Piercing Shot and volley, rather than trick shot. On Botanist last night I was around 680k, and Skorpyon around 1.1 million (ish) [/quote]

Hey man, looking forward to your update, hope it will be soon :wink:

Ron, the “quote” thing isn’t working right now.
Here’s my new post

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/piercing-shot/

Please provide constructive feedback, would love to tweak this further.

OP edited, removed Volley from pre-macro, pulled Murder of Crows out of the sequences.

Parrot, did you delete the piercing thread?

I tried to edit it yesterday, I believe I may have deleted it, or it was auto-locked for too many edits in a period of time.

/facepalm
/smh