DISC 5.4 (Become a Healing God like Me!…)

Fellas I had debated releasing these macros as I didn’t feel I received adequate appreciation for the past macros, but I appreciate all the nice messages recently. It helps when I hear that my macros are helping you. Anyway these were time consuming to write not due to the sheer amount of code, but merely to get stuff to pop properly, especially PWS. I am not saying this macro is perfect, but its damn near and I usually destroy other heals. It really makes your disc godlike. I still might need to slightly alter the priorities of a few abilities but so far I rape on the heals. My burst healing is insane when combined with my shields and I’m so hard to kill.

PWS was espcially hard to get it to pop properly so I had to place it in 2 separate lines. Especailly now in 5.4 with the change to [Divine Insight] you want it to pop immediately when available.

Additionally, I have placed in code that will remove all those annoying error sounds & messages when an ability is not off its cd.

Send me a private message if you want to talk to keep in touch in game and have questions about playing DISC.

In 5.4 make 100% certain that you are glyphed for [Reflective Shield]

Required TALENTS

1. [Body and Soul] Will save your A$$ Constantly
  2. [From Darkness, Comes Light] Huge buff in 5.4 and tons of free flash heal instant cast procs
  3. [Divine Insight] Another awesome buff in 5.4 giving you access to more shields due to 100% chance penance will allow you to bypass the weakened soul effect.
  4. [Cascade] (PVE / BG / RBG’s mostly; otherwise if in arena pick [Divine Star]

Suggested TALENTS

1. [Void Tendrils] (In all situations except arena with caster heavy comp pick [Psyfiend])
  2. [Angelic Bulwark] (Helps a ton with opening burst in Arena and I find it all around far more helpful than [Spectral Guise] as its open to failing a lot whereas you can depend on [Angelic Bulwark] at all times.

Required GLYPHS

1. [Glyph of Reflective Shield] (Huge buff in 5.4 - making 70% of all your personal absorbs from PWS to reflect back as damage to any attacker that is too noobish to purge; which means most players; lool!.. I saw a Disc priest in 5.4 PTR do 480k damage from his shield alone within a 2 min time period in 3s. Its awesome.) If you are already using my dps macro from a previous thread than combined with this glyph you will be literally raping noobs.
  2. [Glyph of Penance] (This is a must have so don’t even think of not taking it.)
  3. [Glyph of Power Word: Shield] (Awesome Talent; nothing else is a better 3rd choice.)

MAIN PVE & BG/RBG Single Target Healing Rotation

This uses a /target Mouseover so no clicking on names. If you are designated tank healing than you should create a separate macro with the only difference being /target Tank’Name but in pve make sure you have renew bound separately cause the macro is set to only cast renew once, else it would just continuously cast it. I don’t pve but for all you pve’ers out there here you go. I’m going to start pveing this patch though.

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/target mouseover
/castsequence reset=10 Renew,null
/castsequence [@targettarget]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Shadowfiend
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Flash Heal
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Penance
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Cascade
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Prayer of Mending
/castsequence reset=0.3 Power Word: Shield
/cast !Power Word: Shield
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

Heal Self

(My name is Online; hence /target Online; therefore, replace Online with your characters name). Also notice spirit shell is only on this macro.

/target Online
/castsequence [@targettarget]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Shadowfiend
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Flash Heal
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Penance
/cast Spirit Shell

Heal Arena Partner

Replace FriendsName with actual name. If doing 3s just create 2 of this same macro. It is cool cause I dont have to hover my cursor over their name or click anything. It auto targets them. I love it and trust me that increase response time will win games.

/target FriendsName
/castsequence [@targettarget]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Shadowfiend
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Flash Heal
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Penance
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Divine Star

AOE HEAL

#showtooltip Prayer of Healing
/target mouseover
/castsequence reset=target Renew,null
/castsequence [@targettarget]reset=0.3 0,0,0,Shadowfiend
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Prayer of Healing
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Cascade
/castsequence reset=0.3 Prayer of Mending
/cast !Prayer of Mending
/console Sound_EnableSFX

how about a shadow one :slight_smile:

And again, thank you for sharing this. Works as advertised!

I guess the greatest thing about these macros is the format. They can be easily modified to nearly any class/spec.

I will try my hand at one for Shadow tonight when I get home and post it if it is worthy. Just dont flame me because it doesnt heal! :slight_smile:

YOU’RE THE MAN! THANKS YOU SIR!

[quote quote=10214]I guess the greatest thing about these macros is the format. They can be easily modified to nearly any class/spec.

I will try my hand at one for Shadow tonight when I get home and post it if it is worthy. Just dont flame me because it doesnt heal! :)
[/quote]
That would be awesome as I have cancer and my reflexes arnt what they should be so hence why I need macros and auto clickers other wise it would be a waste of time me playing , and even now I get abused for not getting as many bgs kills as I should

I already posted a shadow one from an earlier thread. I used it mainly for healing. The macros are excellent because they allow you to multi-dot as well as cycle through your entire rotation. You should be talented for insanity.

haha thanks Kevin. Yah they are badass macros trust me. I can have PWS, Spirit Shell and Divine Aegis up on me in no time which is like 500k worth of shields. Healing is so seemless and easy. Its really fun. Let me know how its working out for you buddy.

I will just post them here as well.

[quote quote=10214]I guess the greatest thing about these macros is the format. They can be easily modified to nearly any class/spec.

I will try my hand at one for Shadow tonight when I get home and post it if it is worthy. Just dont flame me because it doesnt heal! :)
[/quote]

Use these and try to modify them. Im a DISC priest and put a lot of faith in them, but my shadow ones might need a bit of tweeking although they seem pretty badass as well. Please use this as a baseline and do some testing with recount. I always write dps macros by altering the macro and every 3-5 minutes running another test. I got my unholy dk from 85 - 95k and eventually to 135k dps in pvp gear and not fully gemmed and enchanted nor had profession bonuses, etc; just from my macro. I only used the shadow ones for lvling but the damage seemed pretty awesome. Im sure in good 90 pve/pvp gear IL 496 and above it would be amazing. Im gearing up shadow now. I cant wait to test it out.

The thing I love the most about these macros is that they allow you to switch specs so easily. So if I want to go do some Holy healing I can easily switch to it or if I want to try out Shadow its super fast as well.

Im really sorry to hear about your cancer buddy. I pray that you will be alright :slight_smile:

Well here are my shadow ones. Just make sure you are talented for Insanity. Also you should use the Devouring plague macro when you get 3 orbs. It will cast DP and then mindflay until your insanity proc is finished. It works perfect for me. However, I have a friend who plays priest and he prefers not to use macros for shadow spec. He loves using mine for his monk, just not shadow, probably due to his play style. Also you want to do a lot of multi-dotting so you get a lot of free mind blast procs which also means more DP an insanity procs. It should cast SWP and VT first and refresh everytime you change to a new target.

Swap out Divine Star with a different Tier 6 Talent if you feel Cascade or Halo would be better.

Also I want to point out that the shadow macro will put you into shadow form if you aren’t already in shadowform; therefore, you never have to keybind shadowform separately fellas!..

SHADOW Main Rotation Macro

/targetenemy [noharm]
/cast [noform] !Shadowform
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,1,2,3,Shadowfiend
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,1,2,Divine Star
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,1,Mind Blast
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,Shadow Word: Death
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/19 Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay
/cast !Mind Blast

SHADOW DEVOURING PLAUGE Macro

/castsequence reset=combat/target Devouring Plague,null
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 Mind Flay

Once I have a full set of gear in the next week or so than I will perfect the shadow macros.

don’t think insanity still exists

“What you talkin about Willis?..” Insanity meaning the Talent [Solace and Insanity]. Yes it does exist. It increases your mindflays by 33% per Orb or 100% for 3 Orbs consumed. Same as patch 5.3. Therefore, you cast DP when you get 3 orbs and mindflay after it till the insanity proc finishes.

Nice macros Chris - I must add that when swapping from shadow to disc/holy you do need 2 sets of gear to perform well. You can have a full spirit set as shadow and use the same set when switching but do not expect top damage and that is also dependent on your gems/reforges/enchants.

For example I once geared with gems/reforges/enchants plus all spirit gear and used that set for shadow, my damage was still really good but not optimal.

Having said that there is no way in a fit you can do that in reverse - ie all shadow gear (hit/spirit gear) and gemmed/chanted/reforged for shadow then try to use that setup for disc/holy. You will run out of mana so fast it’s not funny.

[quote quote=10233]Nice macros Chris – I must add that when swapping from shadow to disc/holy you do need 2 sets of gear to perform well. You can have a full spirit set as shadow and use the same set when switching but do not expect top damage and that is also dependent on your gems/reforges/enchants.

For example I once geared with gems/reforges/enchants plus all spirit gear and used that set for shadow, my damage was still really good but not optimal.

Having said that there is no way in a fit you can do that in reverse – ie all shadow gear (hit/spirit gear) and gemmed/chanted/reforged for shadow then try to use that setup for disc/holy. You will run out of mana so fast it’s not funny.
[/quote]

Thanks Michael for the compliment. Yes I wouldn’t dream of playing shadow without shadow gear. That is why I will not try to perfect the shadow macros until after I have obtained a full set of Tyrannical Shadow gear.

Michael we should do some arenas and bgs together if you are up for it. Maybe even some pve.

thanks chris I was having a dumb moment could not see it so when I went to wow head it said no longer exists lol… cheers mate for all your help

hehe; no worries bro :slight_smile:

[quote quote=10233]Nice macros Chris – I must add that when swapping from shadow to disc/holy you do need 2 sets of gear to perform well. You can have a full spirit set as shadow and use the same set when switching but do not expect top damage and that is also dependent on your gems/reforges/enchants.

Having said that there is no way in a fit you can do that in reverse – ie all shadow gear (hit/spirit gear) and gemmed/chanted/reforged for shadow then try to use that setup for disc/holy. You will run out of mana so fast it’s not funny.
[/quote]

I earned half my Tyrannical (Satin-Shadow Priest) Set today. Ill try to perfect the shadow macro within the next 2 days. I think shadow does a lot more than affliction or so it appears. I cant do single target damage very well as affliction. Really excited to play shadow.

I am very excited to see this progress :slight_smile:

Well I finally finished gearing up my Shadow Priest. Sorry I took so long. I have 11 lvl 90’s, but my priest is my main one. I was 1v1ing a rogue and won all 10 games - it was a real duel, meaning against the other faction. I destroyed him with my macros. I will post them once they are perfected soon.

So i think i might be missing something here. How do i deal with the 255 character limit, your macros seems to me by copy and pasting that they are too long…