5.3 Arcane

Hi, Is there a one button version of the Arcane macro for 5.3? I don’t really understand the using two different hot bars as I am new to making macros for mages etc.

You can use what we have provided. The one thing I would be against is not putting Nether Tempest in a macro. Can be very confusing.

I’ll see what I can come up with by the end of the weekend.

Thank you. I have been getting confused tbh . I used to love my mage , got her to 90 today , have got 452 il and was only getting 20k dps with grabbing bits from previous threads here . That’s why I wanted to check what’s best now for 5.03 . I don’t have NT in my spec as I took the FB as mentioned in these macros but noxic and icy say to use NT so = confused on spec to make a macro do best dps . Also no the two sites say even different mage armour to wear . Any advice on one button arcane or whatever spec macro to get best dps , talents to take that work with the macro would be appreciated . If I have to use two buttons that’s fine also just if u can explain now . My main is a healer , dps if proofing confusing so your help is appreciated.

If you go Arcane wear Mage Armor. It helps regen mana.

In terms of rotation is Blast until AM procs and use Barrage at 6 stacks.

As of last patch or was it 2 patches ago Barrage is used at 4 stacks so here is a good one button macro - just keep spamming that one button.
Talents to note are Frost Bomb, Ice Barrier and Incanter’s Ward. You may notice Incanter’s Ward is not in the rotation - use this talent for the passive only, do not actually use it on CD and just keep a mana gem handy in case you go below 85% mana which happens to me very rarely (normally happens on a string of casts with no AM procs)

/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Barrage
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,Arcane Missiles
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,Frost Bomb
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 Ice Barrier
/cast [nochanneling][combat]Mirror Image
/cast [nochanneling][combat] Arcane Power
/targetenemy [noharm]

If the above macro causes you any problems try the below one - it’s the same as above but in a different format.

/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Barrage
/targetenemy [noharm]

Hope this helps :))

Just to clarify Mage Armor does nothing for mana regen. It gives 3000 mastery which (mastery) increases damage compared to mana percentage. Plus it reduces the duration of harmful magic effects by 25%.

So in fact the more mana sustained (as opposed to mana regen) is very beneficial.

Mana regen is affected by haste, talent and (spirit - to a very minor extent) That being said Mage Armor is the choice for Arcane mage.

If you have 2 of the following then reforge to haste instead of mastery. Both BiS trinks that have the 15RPPM or 1 15RPPM trink + legendary proc (helm gem) or all 3 (ie:both trinks plus the legendary head gem)

Lately (since I got at least 2 of the 3 above), I reduced my mastery from 70% approx to 50%, Reforged all crit to haste plus some mastery>haste with this being the rule my DPS has increased by 20k and more. Multi mobs (more than 10) with Flamestrike and AE + AB on 4 stacks = 280k+ dps. Single target is 120k dps+. ilvl 520.

This setup gives me top dps in all raids bar the guys that have normal/epic/thunderforged gear:)

Theres no frost bomb in the 5.4 patch any idea what to use now.

Im using this one with ilvl 522 pvp gear on the ptr and i cant get over 85k dps.

/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Arcane Blast,Nether Tempest,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Barrage
/targetenemy [noharm]

Yes there is. WoWhead shows it under their PTR site, and the PTR for Mages has Frost Bomb as one of the talents.

[quote quote=7370]Theres no frost bomb in the 5.4 patch any idea what to use now.
[/quote]

That is absolutely fantastic ! The first one works a treat. I get the normal errors like with any macro spell not ready yet etc but the Dps went from 20k to 32k so I am a lot happier. Thank you so much for the help.

Happy to help pixie - glad that something works for you :slight_smile:

Should I wait till a certain Item Level before switching to arc with these macros?

You can play Arcane whenever - Arcane is better with Heroic gear due to the higher mastery.

Any way to fit one of this in 255 characters?

Im using the below, however, it seems to use Arcane Missiles inconsistently. Ideally, I would like to use AM only when I am 4 stacks then AC, then repeat, while keeping up NT the entire time.

Is there a way to make sure to only AM with 4 stacks?
And is the [nochanneling] to make sure NT is on the target?

Thanks for all the great help on this forum.

/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Arcane Blast,Nether Tempest,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Barrage
/targetenemy [noharm]

And to always use AC with 4 charges if no Arcane Missiles are up

[nochanneling] Is to make sure nothing interrupts the Arcane Missiles cast. If it wasn’t there then while casting AM one of the main /castsequence spells or even Arcane Power would cut in and stop the full channel.

As for getting AM to cast on 4 stacks only I had thought about this for a long time and you would have to do something like this -

/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Arcane Blast,Nether Tempest,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Missiles,Arcane Missiles,Arcane Barrage

but what is going to happen if you don’t have 2 procs? Of course it will lock up so doing the above is a bad idea. The other thing is you may get up to 4 procs in that sequence and 2 are wasted. The upshot of it is take the lower damage from the way it is but keep in mind it procs a lot in the cycles so it all seems to even out - normally you will get one or two {AM} on 3/4 {AB} stacks per rotation.

To fit to 255 characters all I can see is you can take out the 2 zeroes from /castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,Arcane Missiles and make it like this - /castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 Arcane Missiles, change /cast to /use and/or take out /targetenemy.

Your above macro should always cast Barrage on 4 stacks - rarely it will cast it on 3 stacks and never on 5. These macros are to aid you and cannot be exact 100% of the time. Take any loss for ease of use and by the way if there is a loss with it be thankful it’s that minimal so as not to impact your performance dps wise.

it’s also good to have AM and Barrage on separate buttons as well. I have them next to my macro just in case of of multi procs in those rare occasions where the macro doesn’t fire them off. I have a rare occasions where I had double AM procs and the macro only fired one off and took a few seconds before it fired off the second proc (sometimes it didn’t do it in time), so each time I get a double proc i let the macro fire off the first one and I manually press AM to fire the second one off just to be sure :D.

tbh its good to have “proc” abilities on a seperate button in case the macro doesnt fire them off on any class

When it comes to using AlterTime when would be the best time to use it with the macro? I just got the 2 piece and i’m trying to figure out how to get the bonus from it.

after lots of research i came up with this one.

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,1,2,3,frost bomb
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,1,2,Arcane Missiles
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,1,Ice Barrier
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,Incanter’s Ward
/castsequence reset=2 Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Barrage
/cast [combat]Arcane Power
/cast Presence of Mind
/cast Mirror Image

everything casts and AM casts when proced and FB is almost up on target

[quote quote=8066]Any way to fit one of this in 255 characters?

Im using the below, however, it seems to use Arcane Missiles inconsistently. Ideally, I would like to use AM only when I am 4 stacks then AC, then repeat, while keeping up NT the entire time.

Is there a way to make sure to only AM with 4 stacks?<br>
And is the [nochanneling] to make sure NT is on the target?

Thanks for all the great help on this forum.

/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Arcane Blast,Nether Tempest,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Barrage<br>
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,Arcane Missiles<br>
/cast [nochanneling][combat] Arcane Power<br>
/targetenemy [noharm]

[/quote]

is it so hard to download and install and add on in order to do ur job?
i guess so

This is what I sometimes use currently with the Alter Time set bonus.

/cast [nochanneling][combat] Alter Time
/targetenemy [noharm]

I did a few posts and so did baboulas7 here https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/arcane-5-1/page/2 but that was back in the 6 stack days. It is a very long macro to accommodate for the 180 sec CD of Alter Time and it wasn’t a very reliable option plus the above all in one macro does around the same dps. Basically all you really want from AT is the mastery/crit/haste bonus.