5.3 Feral Cat

Well I am still using my 5.1 macro tweaked and with the 4 piece set just did 120k on Ji’Kun.

Image shack link for Recount. http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/5552/wowscrnshot052613214448.jpg

For those wondering what macros I speak of they are as follows. No savage roar glyph.

Single target - in front of a mob.
/castsequence [stealth]Pounce
/castsequence reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle,Rake,Faerie Fire
/cast [nocombat]Prowl
/cast [combat]Tiger’s Fury
/cast [combat]Barkskin
/cast [combat]Berserk
/cast [nostance:3] Cat Form;
/console autounshift 0
/use [@player, combat] Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1
/startattack

Single target behind a mob (used mostly)
/castsequence [stealth]Pounce
/castsequence reset=target Shred,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Shred,Savage Roar,Shred,Rake,Faerie Fire
/cast [nocombat]Prowl
/cast [combat]Berserk
/cast [combat]Barkskin
/cast [nostance:3] Cat Form
/console autounshift 0
/console autounshift 1
/startattack

The auto heal script works a treat and 9 times out of 10 activates on Predatory Instincts but when it’s a bit slow to do so I use the following and spam it while the macro is still running - I can guarantee you will not be removed from cat form on the proc.

#showtooltip Healing Touch
/console autounshift 0

hows swithing from non directional to behind and vice versa. does it screw up the rotation or do you make sure to do specific point?

I switch at any time back and forth when needed - if it does rarely lock up I have Mangle on a keybind and hit it once. The trick is to keep an eye on your energy and if it’s not being used then you have a lockup. Remember while building energy and only auto attacking you are not losing any dps at all - you only lose dps when your energy bar is full and not being used. My number 1 recount ability attack is auto attack.

By the way the above was not doing nests on Ji’Kun, single target all fight. Also my gear is LFR and rep gear only. If it was all heroic and thunderforged gear then it would be upward of 160k dps.

I got home and copied these to macros…

Both are locking up just on dummies. they work for about 5 seconds then… spell not ready. lock up stuck broken macro.

hmm

I copied and pasted your macros exactly as you have them posted.

Copy and paste will often give bad results - I just tested it although I know they work and it works fine, been using the same macro for a year now with no hitches.

Try typing it all in notebook and copy and paste from there or manually type into your macro extender. Other causes is if you have the glyph of Savage Roar.

The macro is made so you can see what spell is next in the rotation so hit the macro one press at a time to see exactly what ability it is locking up on. Test it with combat log showing and look at the macro for what ability will fire next. Also keep all the CD abilities on the hotbar above your main hotbar so you can see what has and has not avtivated.

Talent selection might cause a problem too so here are mine Feline Swiftness, Cenarion Ward, Mass Entanglement, Soul of the Forest, Mighty Bash and Dream of Cenarius.

If you have the talent Faerie Swarm it will lock up because it’s Faerie Fire in the macro. If you have Faerie Swarm just change it in the macro.

Hope all this helps you so let us know how you went troubleshooting this. For the second macro you have to be behind the dummy for Shred to work as well.

k thanks for the tips… I’m at work now but when I get home ill try tobfix them and post what i find.

Are you using an addon to extend the macro character limit as your macro doesn’t fit :frowning:

EDIT: Nevermind i found the macro-toolkit addon

macro toolkit is awesome. you will need a macro extender
for almost all macros on this site.

Ok… i am speced into swarm so made that change in the mangle macro and its working fine…

made the same change to the shred macro… they are pretty much exactly the same cept swaping shred for mangle. and it still locks up.

it gets the entire rotation out once then… spell not ready spam… right after it casts swarm it then locks up. it will kept using TF and beserk etc. but the castsquence locks. hmm

Ok something was messed up in the shred macro… I copied the mangle cast sequence into the shred macro then just manually changed all the mangles into shreds and its now working.

so far nothing to impressive on dummies. gonna try them in LFR here right away. Ill post results

Jinkroth - I know 40% lightning pools. but still

Council - coulda done better… sul spins so much. :stuck_out_tongue:

gonna keep using them. need to up my trash dps now.

If you don’t have the 4 piece tier 15 bonus don’t expect the world as in dps. Before I got my 4th piece and upgraded nearly everything to ToT/rep gear I was only doing 80-90k dps.

Ah, just noticed your damage graphs 2 posts above - that is not too shabby dps. Even if it’s not better per se than what you were doing it’s definitely got to be easier than hitting a heal button all the time - I got real sick of that. Plus using a clicker/automated keystrokes all you have to do then is move. But there is no real need for automation because there are no /castsequence reset=0.3 etc in it.

my I lvl is 498 with 483 sha touched staff. no tier at all. yea it was easier. that’s forsure. I can do same nunbers manually if u catch all procs. but I tend to miss some heals, or end up letting rip fall because I tried to sqeeze in another fb. or even sr for a couple seceonds which leaves my dps in the 60s… which for my gear is low.

gonna do more lfr today. bird boss to see how it all works… my dps sucks on horridon still. mainly cause tanks don’t gather adds well in lfr.

Could you post your multi target macro as well. These two are working great.

Here is my aoe one but I don’t think it’s optimal. Keep Mangle handy for lockups, normally on Savage Roar. I tested one that only included Thrash and Swipe and never did the damage this does. Keeps bleeds on your primary target - I never tried putting bleeds on more than one target at a time, that may produce even more dps.

/castsequence reset=target Swipe,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Swipe,Savage Roar,Swipe,Rake
/console autounshift 0
/console autounshift 1
/cast [combat]Berserk
/cast [combat]Barkskin
/startattack

[quote quote=6715]For those wondering what macros I speak of they are as follows. No savage roar glyph.

Single target – in front of a mob.<br>
/castsequence [stealth]Pounce<br>
/castsequence reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle,Rake,Faerie Fire<br>
/cast [nocombat]Prowl<br>
/cast [combat]Tiger’s Fury<br>
/cast [combat]Barkskin<br>
/cast [combat]Berserk<br>
/cast [nostance:3] Cat Form;<br>
/console autounshift 0<br>
/use [@player, combat] Healing Touch<br>
/console autounshift 1<br>
/startattack

Single target behind a mob (used mostly)<br>
/castsequence [stealth]Pounce<br>
/castsequence reset=target Shred,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Shred,Savage Roar,Shred,Rake,Faerie Fire<br>
/cast [nocombat]Prowl<br>
/cast [combat]Tiger’s Fury<br>
/cast [combat]Berserk<br>
/cast [combat]Barkskin<br>
/cast [nostance:3] Cat Form<br>
/use [@player, combat] Healing Touch<br>
/console autounshift 1<br>
/startattack

The auto heal script works a treat and 9 times out of 10 activates on Predatory Instincts but when it’s a bit slow to do so I use the following and spam it while the macro is still running – I can guarantee you will not be removed from cat form on the proc.

#showtooltip Healing Touch<br>
/cast [nostance:3] Cat Form<br>
[/quote]

Those kind of work. Anyone have any 5.3 ones that rock?

[quote quote=6751]Jinkroth – I know 40% lightning pools. but still<br>

Council – coulda done better… sul spins so much. :P<br>

[/quote]

Show your macros you are using

I’ve made some changes to the macro, that have upped my DPS on short encounters, mostly because of the addition of Glyph of Savagery (I’m not sure why you don’t use/recommend the glyph… It has never locked me up.)

Would appreciate feedback/testing.

/castsequence [stealth]reset=combat/1.5 Savage Roar,Pounce
/castsequence [combat]reset=target Shred,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Shred,Savage Roar,Shred,Rake,Faerie Fire
/console autounshift 0
/use [@player,combat]Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1
/use [nostealth]Prowl
/use [combat]Tiger's Fury
/use [combat]Berserk
/use [combat]Barkskin
/use [noform:3]Cat Form
/startattack [combat]

Main changes being the addition of a 0 combo point savage roar before your opening pounce, to increase your all of your initial bleed’s damage, and the combat tag added onto the main rotation and /startattack lines so you don’t end up going (Prowl > Savage Roar > Shred/Attack) and skip your opening pounce.

Also moved up the healing touch lines, because when it was lower in the macro, for me, it seemed to almost never fire. Now it seems to almost always consume on every predatory swiftness.

The main reason I don’t use the glyph of Savage Roar is to get (and very often I might add) 2 instant healing procs per rotation.
I understand moving up the Healing Touch lines - I actually did that ages ago with my AOE macro for the same reason you stated.
Adding the combat tag is a great idea because often I miss the Pounce and it’s effects, this should cure that problem.

I read that Predatory Swiftness can proc with the glyph but it’s a very low chance. Will edit this post after testing.

My macro as above with no glyph 133-137k dps. @ 53 Healing Touch. Test time = 9 minutes.

My macro as above with no glyph but the healing sequence moved up higher 137-139 dps.

Wes your macro with glyph 138-141k dps. @ 56 Healing Touch. Test time = 10 minutes.

It seems the sooner you use the Healing Touch proc the more dps you get and also the glyph seems to provide a tad more dps on top. I still don’t understand why because the glyph is only getting used with no combo points before the pounce which is not enough to account for 2k top end dps. If you look at your SR timer icon while testing you will see SR is always used with 4-5 combo points - maybe the glyph accounts for an extra combo point but I didn’t notice any more Healing Touches with or without it.

In any case it looks like the glyph wins by a small margin and moving the heal segment up made a huge difference. I also noticed when going for the Shred it still misses 3 times out of 5 - maybe because it’s a dummy and they react differently.
So all in all Wes great work there. :slight_smile: