5.3 Feral Cat

Looking back on it, the [combat] tags on the rotation and start attack lines might function better as [nostealth]. There are some situations where you might be in combat before you get your pounce off like all raid encounters where a tank pulls for instance, lol so if you are already in stealth prior to the pull you still want to make sure you don’t skip that pounce, and [nostealth] should do that.

Tiger’s Fury never goes off with any of these macros for me???

Go into the macro and replace the ’ yourself. Copy and pasting (’)s almost never copy right.

Thank you, yep that did the trick. Works great now

[quote quote=6715]For those wondering what macros I speak of they are as follows. No savage roar glyph.

Single target – in front of a mob.<br>
/castsequence [stealth]Pounce<br>
/castsequence reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle,Rake,Faerie Fire<br>
/cast [nocombat]Prowl<br>
/cast [combat]Tiger’s Fury<br>
/cast [combat]Barkskin<br>
/cast [combat]Berserk<br>
/cast [nostance:3] Cat Form;<br>
/console autounshift 0<br>
/use [@player, combat] Healing Touch<br>
/console autounshift 1<br>
/startattack

Single target behind a mob (used mostly)<br>
/castsequence [stealth]Pounce<br>
/castsequence reset=target Shred,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Shred,Savage Roar,Shred,Rake,Faerie Fire<br>
/cast [nocombat]Prowl<br>
/cast [combat]Tiger’s Fury<br>
/cast [combat]Berserk<br>
/cast [combat]Barkskin<br>
/cast [nostance:3] Cat Form<br>
/use [@player, combat] Healing Touch<br>
/console autounshift 1<br>
/startattack

The auto heal script works a treat and 9 times out of 10 activates on Predatory Instincts but when it’s a bit slow to do so I use the following and spam it while the macro is still running – I can guarantee you will not be removed from cat form on the proc.

#showtooltip Healing Touch<br>
/cast [nostance:3] Cat Form<br>
/use [@player, combat] Healing Touch
[/quote]

Sir, I appreciate all the info you have here…it has helped me learn a lot. I ran some dummy tests (in my terrible gear) using 2 different rotations.

1. pictured here is your macro.

2. pictured here is me manually following bittens spell flash (which removes shred from the rotation except in berserk or procs, regardless of position)

Both fights were done at 3 minutes…i just didnt get the pause button clicked fast enough on the second. Do you know why bittens spell flash removes shred and prefers mangle? and why that rotation was 3k higher than the macro?

Does shred outperform mangle at a certain gear level?

Bigger so you can read dmg output

your macro - 34774

bittens spell flash manual - 37383

Kevin,

Can you link the images to a bigger file? Kind of hard to see :slight_smile:

I tried…seems like the forum rules are auto shrinking them…try right clicking and ‘open in new tab’

I added links to the pictures, for some reason bbcode wasn’t working right… Had to html it.

DPS sounds really low. What’s your gear like because even with a macro you should be able to do more than ~35k DPS.

Shred uses 5 more energy but causes 20% more damage on bleeding targets. Target should be always bleeding.

I am not too sure why bittens recommends only using Shred while Tiger’s Fury and/or Berserk procs - I am thinking it’s because of the extra 5 energy cost.

In any case cop the loss for ease of use - there is no way to make an efficient macro that uses Shred on those procs unless you make a very long convoluted castsequence macro. This is something I have spent days working on and gave it a miss due to the oh so many variables.

Edit : to repeat that sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many variables. This class/spec has the most variables in the game of any class/spec and is so hard to macro exactly.

if you are using the glyph for shred while under tf and/or beserk. you can use the spell

shred!

in your macroa to get it to go off when its available.

for instance a simple macro for it

/cast shred!
/cast mangle

spam away.

as for working it into the castsequence macro…hmm

That would be one solution but is it optimum - time for more tests.

At the time I posted my gear was horrible…no enchants, no gems, just reforged.

I’ll keep trying the macro and testing it out. I do understand that the macro cannot be 100% efficient, I really like the ease of it and i think the dps loss (if any) is worth the consistency. However, I am still confused at mangling over shred.

I’ll try and get with bitten and see what he says about his spell flash. I got a few drops (still havent enchanted). I want to run another 3 minute run (your macro vs me manually) and see what i can come up with again.

Love the forum, great place!

update

Here is his response:

I as wondering if its working as intended that I am never told to use Shred. Even when I dont have aggro on the mob it still flashes Mangle, when it used to flash for Shred.

“Thee latest rotation only uses Shred when your energy regen is above 15/second. Simulations show higher dps using Mangle to generate more CP until energy regen gets high (at least in some gear, including top-end gear).”

Kevin,

Wherever you’re getting your information, it doesn’t sound correct. This is from Noxxic and it says to always use Shred when you’re behind the target and Mangle in front.

[quote quote=7838]Kevin,

Wherever you’re getting your information, it doesn’t sound correct. This is from Noxxic and it says to always use Shred when you’re behind the target and Mangle in front.

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/druid/feral/dps-rotation-and-cooldowns

[/quote]

I dont make it a habit of believing something just because someone “tells” me something.

As I said…I did both roatations: macro just as it is and manual (using bittens recommendation which omits shred unles energy regen > 15)

I tested both to my own satisfaction with no bias…and bitten’s came out on top every time. I also provided to you his reasoning behind it.

Also, I checked MULTIPLE sims for the guts through visual basic c++ and found that the guts also implement bittens strategy by omitting shred unless the energy regen cap was met.

All this mumbo jumbo isnt an attempt at getting you to believe me…because frankly I wont believe anything you “say” either.

Im content testing it out myself. I was simply asking others to analyze it for themselves and make a determination on their own.

Included is the guts of a simcraft program that is widely used.

actions.filler+=/shred,if=(buff.omen_of_clarity.react|buff.berserk.up|energy.regen>=15)&buff.king_of_the_jungle.down

This string in the rotation uses shred, if = omen of clarity, berserk / energy regen > 15

Testing backs up the information I have found.

I can see your issue and maybe this forum might be the wrong place for it. I don’t use SimCraft often, because most of the time it’s wrong. On my Hunter I use femaledwarf as it seems to be more accurate.

I provided the link to Noxxic because that is the rotation. The OOC + Shred has too much RNG associated with it to see. OOC can proc off anything and in that time you might be encased into a web or something and can’t do anything. I’ve never been a firm believer that everything has to be done by a proc, it’s why I never played Frost for Mages is because its too much RNG.

What I would do if I were you, is post this topic on SimCraft’s forums and hopefully they can give you a better answer than us. While many of us are theorycrafters and such and want to make sure everything is right so we can pump out the DPS, by no means am I someone who is going to SimCraft every nook and cranny when the rotation, and guides are provided for you.

I apologize…it might be my inability to communicate my point.

1. I love this site. I love macros. I love the original macro posted in this thread.

2. I ran bittens spell flash, noticed it did NOT include shred.

3. I was confused

4. I tested both multiple times…posted my results

5. I wanted to share my results and open discussion that might be useful

6. I dont listen to what people “SAY” including noxxic. Im not a dps “eeker” or a simulcrafter…i just happen to notice that two different sources agreed…and testing of those results showed to support the “say.”

7 Did I say I love macros already?

You could probably do it if you put Tiger’s Fury and/or Berserk in a long castsequence macro as I stated earlier for example
Tiger’s Fury,Shred,Shred,Shred,Shred,Rip Somewhere inside a longer macro along with all the rest. Then to include Berserk it would have to be a 3 minute long macro which is not impossible.

The major problem I have seen doing this is the timing
and time between pulls. What happens is TF and Berserk will be off CD for too long and not get used until it came around again in the castsequence hence a pretty major dps loss.

The other probably easier solution would be to mod it like this

/castsequence [mod] Tiger’s Fury,Shred,Shred,Shred,Shred,Rip;reset=target <main sequence>

To use that you would have to make sure there were no combo points up before hitting and holding alt so as not to waste CP.

I am no macro guru by any stretch…but would it be possible to maybe split your “front” macro into two macros i could try?

for isntance…do a macro that omits shred all together…use your good macro, the one you already have made for the front…except leave out berserk.

then make a second macro that has a 3min cooldown that includes berserk / shred rotation…use this macro every three minutes…the front one while berserks on cd?

Id like to try that out. I want to try your front macro + this berserk shred macro to see what it does compared to my manual rotation