5.3 Feral Cat

none of those macroes work, my char only go in and out stealth and nothing else, can you pls make a addon to feral cat something we can use

Hey there. I just want to say I love this site. I use these macros all the time. You guys are awesome. To the ones who are saying that the macro isnt working right; make sure u are useing the right one. The one on here that says behind needs to be used behind the mob, otherwise it wont work. Use it till ponce wears off then when the creature turns towards you start useing the macro for the front. Works great for me but the only problem i have is the macro will freeze during a rotation. However as soon as i hit the key i have mangle binded to it will work. Just seems like a little inconvenience. Anyway, keep up the good work guys.

Here is a repost of my macro using the code format, a normal copy and paste can cause problems. This is front of target only so give it a go. If it still won’t work for you then manually replace the 's in Tiger’s Fury as that also somethimes won’t copy and paste correctly. This is used with the Glyph of Savage Roar. If you do not want to glyph then take out Savage Roar from the first line.
Talents are 1,3,2,1,3,2 Also if you have Faaerie Swarm as a talent it will lock up because Faerie Fire is in the macro - just replace it in the macro if you want to use Faerie Swarm.

/castsequence [stealth]reset=1 Savage Roar,Pounce,null
/castsequence reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle,Rake,Faerie Fire
/console autounshift 0
/use [@player,combat]Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1
/use [nostealth]Prowl
/use [combat]Tiger's Fury
/use [combat]Berserk
/use [combat]Barkskin
/use [noform:3]Cat Form
/startattack [combat][nostealth]

So with my endless tinkering of my cat macros, I’ve ended up with what I believe to be improvements to both single target and AoE rotation macros.

Shred:

#showtooltip Shred
/use [combat,nostealth]13
/use [combat,nostealth]14
/castsequence [stealth]reset=combat/1.5 Savage Roar,Pounce
/castsequence [combat,nostealth]reset=target Shred,Rake,Rip,Thrash,Faerie Fire,Shred,Shred,Savage Roar,Shred
/console autounshift 0
/console autounshift 1
/use [nostealth]Prowl
/use [combat]Berserk
/use [combat]Barkskin
/startattack [combat,nostealth]

Mangle:

#showtooltip Mangle
/castsequence [combat,nostealth]reset=target Mangle,Rake,Rip,Thrash,Faerie Fire,Mangle,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle
/console autounshift 0
/console autounshift 1
/use [nostealth]Prowl
/use [combat]Berserk
/use [combat]Barkskin

The biggest changes here, is basically how I structured the rotation altogether. Moving Rake before the Rip was almost purely to help ensure I get a greater chance at a 4+ combo point Rip first applied to the mob.

I then moved Faerie Fire up right after Thrash, because It made sense to me to use a energy free GCD after a 50 energy dump, allowing you time to regen for 1.5 sec.

Everything after that is basically the same, 2 combo point builders then Savage Roar to keep it at a duration that allows you to only use it once per cycle, and a Mangle at the end to allow you you to still have 3 combo point builders before Rip again.

I also removed the 2nd Rake, as I found it to be lowering my overall DPS because I was often reapplying it while it still had 8-10 sec left on the debuff, severly cutting the damage per energy spent of the spell. With this rotation, rake should just barely fall off the target before it gets re applied, and when in Berserk, it gets reapplied with roughly 1.5-2 sec remaining, which is almost the perfect reapplication time.

AoE:

#showtooltip Swipe
/castsequence [mod]Thrash;[combat,nostealth]reset=combat Thrash,null
/castsequence [combat,nostealth]reset=target Rake,Shred,Rip,null
/castsequence [combat,nostealth]Swipe
/console autounshift 0
/console autounshift 1
/use [nocombat,nostealth]Prowl
/use [combat,nostealth]Tiger's Fury
/use [combat,nostealth]Berserk
/use [combat,nostealth]Barkskin

I am most proud of my AoE macro tho. It pretty much does everything you could want it too. Pounce opener not optimal for large packs, save the energy for AoE, then a quick Thrash that only gets applied once for the duration of the whole combat, then it applies Rake and Rip since there still highly energy efficient while in <4-5 enemy situations, then just spams Shred. Hold your mod key if combat lasts long enough that you need to thrash again before combat drops.

Overall, I’ve seen a 4-5% DPS increase in my single target damage on most fights, and my AoE DPS has smoothed out quite a bit, as the macro I’ve created has never locked up on me once, whereas the previous AoE macros I’ve used from these forums had a habit of locking up frequently.

I’ve also been experimenting with the Mangle vs Shred debate at <15 energy per sec, and I do have to say, in dummy testing, if I completely omit berserk from the 2 macros, and just go at it for 10 min tests at a time, mangle does seem to edge out slightly “most” of the time.

Every time berserk is up however, Shred smash’s mangles DPS. Could use further testing, but I do find this sorta odd. I wouldn’t have thought that saving 5 energy on a move you use 4 times per rotation cycle would be greater then 20% more damage on basically the same move.

Further testing required!

/EndWallOfText

The one last posted by michaeljackson, is great. These last ones posted by Wes, they lock up.

Could you elaborate? I’ve been using these for a solid 3 weeks now, and have had literally no lock-ups yet.

Curious as to what the problem might be.

Hey, yeah I do get about 10k more dps with this macro compared to the one posted by michaeljackson, but did experience a few lockups. I have a Razer keyboard performing keystrokes for me so maybe its performing the macro too fast?

It wasn’t many, but had to hit mangle a few times during a raid to get it going again.

I appreciate your work and it really is a good macro :slight_smile:

Well, I manually press mine, so that “could” possibly be an issue. If you care too/have the time, but I’m not sure that is it.

Normally I’d ask if you’r hit capped, but if history repeats itself here like it does every time i ask, you are hit capped, and that’s not the problem.

Is it a lock-up where you do not have combo points and have to mangle to get a single point to simply continue? Or possibly that your Rip dot was to powerful, and you had to mangle to 5 CP just to replace your old Rip? This is honestly the only real lock-up I could see with the way I setup this macro. =/

Odd, I’ll have to do some wacky testing to see if I can break my macro, lol.

Is there way to make a feral cat dps for pvp and do high dps?

My Aoe macro. I don’t put bleeds on my main target due to it means less swipes during berserk.

#showtooltip Swipe
/castsequence reset=combat Swipe,Savage Roar,Thrash,Swipe,Swipe,Swipe
/use [combat]Barkskin
/use [combat]Berserk
/console autounshift 0
/console autounshift 1
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/startattack

[quote quote=8354]My Aoe macro. I don’t put bleeds on my main target due to it means less swipes during berserk.
[/quote]

Unless your against a really large (usually a 8+ mob pack) group of enemies, rake and a 3+ CP rip are still better damage per energy spent then a swipe, even in berserk. You should be applying them to your main target before spamming swipe.

This is what I’m using for PVP. Feral kitty is like my 9th in line for pvp so I won’t even say it’s flawless or anywhere near it. But as this is a sharing website, take it and improve on it if you can and repost.

Note: berserk is on a separate burst macro so that doesn’t appear in here.
E is my default macro key so “Alt-E” for example will do Wild Charge

#showtooltip
/cast [nostance:3] Cat Form
/castsequence [stealth] Pounce
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Faerie Fire
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,Incarnation: King of the Jungle
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,Ravage
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,Cenarion Ward
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 Tiger's Fury
/castsequence [mod]Wild Charge; reset=target/5 Mangle, Rake, Rip, Savage Roar, Mangle, Mangle,Maim
/cast [combat] Barkskin
/cast [combat] Nature's Grasp
/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Prowl
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

Again, you all know me more for warrior shaman DK and rogue macros, I’m a babe in the woods for feral. Use it, toss it, rework it, repost it.
Cheers,
John

Thank You i will :slight_smile:

I tinkered with your macros Wes changed em around a bit and got em working at least for keyboards and mice with auto pressing , vs manual.

#showtooltip Shred
/castsequence [stealth,nocombat]reset=target Savage Roar,Pounce
/castsequence [combat,nostealth]reset=target Shred,Rake,Rip,Thrash,Faerie Fire,Shred,Shred,Savage Roar,Shred
/console autounshift 0
/console autounshift 1
/use [combat]Berserk
/use [combat]Barkskin
/use [nostealth,nocombat]!Prowl

First I moved your location of trinket use to the bottom seeing as they wont be used at the onset of the pull but after you enter combat you don’t want the macro for the remainder of the fight to attempt to use them as the macro generally reads from top to bottom.
Secondly I changed the reset on your opener to =target vs combat/1.5 as its an extra unneeded conditional, you’re only going to use it once anyway so having it reset with your next target will be more simple.
3rd I moved prowl further down the list for the same reason as the trinkets and added the nocombat modifier so it would stop trying to use prowl in combat I added the ! so if you don’t have the secure action button feature turned on it wont just pop you in and out of stealth.

#showtooltip Mangle
/castsequence [stealth,nocombat]reset=target Savage Roar,Pounce
/castsequence [combat,nostealth]reset=target Mangle,Rake,Rip,Thrash,Faerie Fire,Mangle,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle
/console autounshift 0
/console autounshift 1
/use [combat]Berserk
/use [combat]Barkskin

I made all the same adjustments to the shred macro as well

As for your AoE. I made all the above adjustments as well as taking shred out of the macro between rake and rip , as in most cases your in front of the mobs your trying to AoE and it was locking up the macro. Also had a few problems with swipe locking up so I changed it to a 0.3 reset style and now have 0 lock up with 30ms spam. You could make a 4th macro and add shred back in, but its a minor thing.

#showtooltip Swipe
/castsequence [stealth,nocombat]reset=combat Savage Roar,Pounce
/castsequence [mod]Thrash;[combat,nostealth]reset=combat Thrash,null
/castsequence [combat,nostealth]reset=target Rake,Rip,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 Swipe
/console autounshift 0
/console autounshift 1
/use [combat]Berserk
/use [combat]Barkskin

Good job on the macros and your hard work they work great for me now.

EVERY DARN MACRO goes through 1 rotation and then it locks up. I only tried Mangle so far. Im very new to Feral. I always played Resto Druid and know very little about the class. I know Mangle is in front and Shred is behind. Anyhoo, all the macros for my Pally, DK, and Hunter work perfectly, but not the druid. The Mangle Macro that was posted by the original poster Michael doesnt work nor any of the other postings/revisions made by others. Someone Please help me out cause I really want to play Feral, but not if it requires me pressing 500 buttons LOL.

Chris try this castsequence alone with nothing else in the macro. If that locks up then you have some problems, if it does work then your other lines in the full macro need checking.

/castsequence reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle,Rake

Because of the Cats need for energy and globals there is no real need to mash the button that fast but it can be automated with no problems, let us know what happens.

well biggest thing is our you hit caped and expertise soft capped? if not and you missing or being parried it could lock up the macro in which case you hit mangle and that will restart it in most cases.Also I adjusted these to work with auto press keyboards and mice.

/console autounshift 0
/castsequence [@player, combat] reset=0.5 0,Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1

above your castsequence line will make your healing touch procs much more responsive.

Ok, after testing Michael’s and Wes’ macros for 3 minutes each i ended up at 85k dps on both. But with Michael’s macro i had a burst of 127k and only 107k with wes’. My ilvl is 501 atm.

Take this info as you wish.

I tried this out above the castsequence ,null line and castequence line and both made my macro lock up.