[5.3][Retribution] All in One

Hey everyone, I’m new to the forums. But I’ve used this website since around early Cataclysm or so. Thought I’d finally contribute a bit with some macros of my own instead of being a lazy leach. I will try to get around to developing macros for all classes. All macros are based off of realistic instead of Simulation-Craft data. Enjoy!

What I accomplished with this macro, is an All in One Retribution Paladin Rotation, with both AoE and Single Target Functions combined. Just press+hold the mod key(alt) while spamming the macro and it will cycle through Hammer of the Righteous + Divine Storm instead of Crusader Strike + Templar’s Verdict for AoE. To use Crusader Strike + Templar’s Verdict for Single Target, simply don’t press the alt key =)

Feel free to remove Lifeblood if you do not have Herbalism. However, it is HIGHLY recommended to use Divine Purpose for the 5th tier of talents. As for Tier 6, you will be swapping around (No Alt key Required!)->Execution sentence before boss fights, and Holy Prism<-(Press+Hold Alt to cast.) afterwards for trash.

(THIS IS OVER 255 LETTERS/NUMBERS, YOU WILL NEED A MACRO EXTENDER!)

`#showtooltip Avenging Wrath /castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Crusader Strike /castsequence [mod]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Hammer of the Righteous /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Exorcism /castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 0,0,Execution Sentence /castsequence [mod]reset=0.3 0,0,Holy Prism /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Hammer of Wrath /castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 0,Templar's Verdict /castsequence [mod]reset=0.3 0,Divine Storm /castsequence reset=6 Judgment,Inquisition,Judgment /use [combat]!Guardian of Ancient Kings /use [combat]!Lifeblood /use [combat]!Avenging Wrath /targetenemy [noharm,dead]`

Big thanks to this guy for the info =P----------------------------

[MoP] 5.4 to WoD Ret Paladin guide!!

This is working out very nicely for me, thanks for this!

Hey Cabi! The macro works great! I excluded the cd’s and Inquistion from it for greater control of burst, and it’s been silky smooth!

Only issue I have is that Hammer of Wrath doesn’t seem to fire when it procs :frowning:

I agree the macro is considered perfect. Once I make the post for Paladin compendiums this macro will be included.

I find it extremely hard to move my toon/strafe while holding shift for any extended amount of time. That’s why I always use 2 macros, one for aoe and one for single target.

I use the arrow keys for movement but even if you use WASD your left hand is busy and so is your right on the mouse to strafe so how do you guys strafe and move while holding shift plus hitting other button abilities for lets say a trash fight of 3 minutes long with the above macro?

For me this format is not efficient.

I must admit that I use Luis’s original 5.1 aoe macro for exactly that reason Michael. It is very hard to stretch my fingers like that for extended periods of time. I did alter it in a personal way that makes it run very nicely. I’ll try and post my alteration when the servers come back up.

What I am in love with is the general flow of abilities during combat, Cabi really did a good job of it, only exception is the non-firing of HoW, but I’m still trying to figure out if it’s something on my end causing it.

Well, I tweaked Cabi’s macro a bit and now HoW fires perfectly

/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","0")
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,0,0,0,0,Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,0,0,0,Exorcism
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,0,0,Holy Prism
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,0,Hammer of Wrath
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,Templar's Verdict
/castsequence reset=6 Judgment,Judgment
/use [combat]!Avenging Wrath
/targetenemy [noharm,dead]
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","1")

Only small issue I have is that Crusader Strike does not always fire on cd as fast as I’d like it too. Otherwise it runs smoothly.

For AoE I use

/castsequence reset=0.6 0,0,0,0,0,Holy Prism
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,0,0,0,Hammer of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,0,0,Exorcism
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,0,Divine Storm
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,Hammer of Wrath
/castsequence reset=5 Judgment,Judgment,Judgment
/startattack

Map your keys to something different. I changed my WoW style to mimic my FPS style.

S = Forward
D = Backward
A = Turn Left
F = Turn Right
Q = Strafe Left
W = Strafe Right
E = Target

hey stephen
i have tried cabi and yours…yours does indeed fire off how but will not use tv, and cabi1s is the oposite…any ideas?

It’s a pickle :frowning:

My thought may be the order in which the TV is placed in the macro. You may want to experiment and try to place TV higher in the macro and see if that makes a difference.

Mine fires TV but is a bit slow on Crusader Strike.

Also, make sure you replace the ’ in Templar’s Verdict. It sometimes doesn’t copy over properly, causing it not to fire.

I had to compromise a bit and respec out of Holy Prism and went with Execution Sentence so this would work smoothly.

/castsequence reset=0.6 0,0,0,0,Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,Templar's Verdict
/castsequence reset=6 Judgment,Inquisition,Judgment

You can take out Inquisition for burst control, but I leave it there for dailies etc. Seems like the extra line for Holy Prism in the macro prevented my Crusader Strike from firing reliably.

Hope this helps!

[quote quote=10013]I find it extremely hard to move my toon/strafe while holding shift for any extended amount of time. That’s why I always use 2 macros, one for aoe and one for single target.

I use the arrow keys for movement but even if you use WASD your left hand is busy and so is your right on the mouse to strafe so how do you guys strafe and move while holding shift plus hitting other button abilities for lets say a trash fight of 3 minutes long with the above macro?

For me this format is not efficient.
[/quote]

I have been pvping a ton and still use my macro i posted a while back and have tried to incorporate a few [mod] macros and it just does not work for me either, i end up loosing position, my strafe goes wonky ect ect. I cannot use them either.

That said i think the new G600 mouse has a mod button right beside the right mouse button. I am told by someone who uses it that it work like a charm.

Hello there!

This is my first time posting. First up, thanks Cabi. I created a separate single target and AOE macro based on yours.

Single Target

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Exorcism
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Hammer of Wrath
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Templar's Verdict
/castsequence reset=5 Judgment,Judgment,Inquisition,Judgment
/use [combat]Holy Avenger
/use [combat]Avenging Wrath
/use [combat]Divine Protection
/use [combat]Devotion Aura
/use [combat]Guardian of Ancient Kings
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/startattack

AOE

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Hammer of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Divine Storm
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/startattack

Yes, I put all my cooldowns in them coz it’s a personal preference. =)

Oh I had Execution Sentence on a separate button just because I prefer to use it when I need it. Cheers!

Here is what i have done to the macro. It works ok i use it for pvp and pve.

/castsequence reset=0.6 0,0,0,0,Templar's Verdict
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=6 Judgment,Inquisition,Judgment,Word of Glory,Sacred Shield
/use [combat]!Guardian of Ancient Kings

[quote quote=10308]Hello there!

This is my first time posting. First up, thanks Cabi. I created a separate single target and AOE macro based on yours.

Single Target

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Templar's Verdict
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/startattack

AOE

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Hammer of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Divine Storm
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/startattack

Yes, I put all my cooldowns in them coz it’s a personal preference. =)
[/quote]

Hi guys and girls nice to meet you all. First time poster here and loving what you do too. I have a question not sure if its simple or not lol

What I want to do is be able to change seal each time I use either the single target or aoe target macro. I tried inserting /cast Seal of Truth but all this did was switch it on and off I also tried putting the ! infront of the command but this just cast the seal over and over until I drained my mana…any ideas?

As the first line you can try

/castsequence reset=5 Seal of Truth,null

You will need 2 macros, one for single target and one for aoe. When you stop your single target macro and start the aoe one, (or vice-verse) this line should apply your chosen seal and as long as you don’t stop the macro for 5 secs or more keep that seal active. The null command makes sure it only casts one time.

[quote quote=10617]As the first line you can try

/castsequence reset=5 Seal of Truth,null

You will need 2 macros, one for single target and one for aoe. When you stop your single target macro and start the aoe one, (or vice-verse) this line should apply your chosen seal and as long as you don’t stop the macro for 5 secs or more keep that seal active. The null command makes sure it only casts one time.
[/quote]

Works great but I adjusted it slighty to use in multiple mob battles /castsequence reset=combat Seal of Truth,null the problem is it tries to cast every time I start a new battle which is pointless and a waste of mana…is there anyway to prevent the seal from casting again if its already on?

That’s why I put reset=5 - you can lengthen that to reset=30 if you want to - that way when you switch targets it won’t cast it again. As long as it’s 30 seconds and under between pulls.

If it’s more than 30 secs between pulls then just adjust accordingly like reset=60 for example.

To my knowledge there is no command as there is in other games to not cast an already existing buff. I know in Rift game you can
/cast [notactive] spell name.

Your only other alternative is to [mod] it which is probably easier. Just replace /castsequence reset=5 Judgment,Judgment,Inquisition,Judgment with

/castsequence [mod]Seal of Truth;reset=5 Judgment,Judgment,Inquisition,Judgment and hit your shift/alt or ctrl key to activate it.